Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apologies to the crossdressing community

Apologies to the crossdressing community

There's this memory I have that's eating me up inside, and I need to get it off my chest

About a year ago, I went with my family to a brunch at the Magic Castle in Hollywood. In the buffet line I saw who I figured to be a crossdresser - and when she spoke to me the voice confirmed my suspicions. At that time, I was insecure about my own crossdressing desires, because it was long before I met you wonderful people, back when I thought something was wrong with me. So I responded to her with obvious disapproval in my voice. I don't know how she took it, but it couldn't have made her experience that day any less stressful than it might have been.

My disapproval obviously wasn't aimed directly at that one person, but targeted the whole crossdressing community (as well as myself, at that time), and looking back on that day, I just feel horrible. So I'd like to offer my sincere apologies to all of you wonderful people, in hopes that this somehow makes up for my rudeness and my past intolerance.

Thank you for listening, and I hope you can forgive me
    -Violet

I think all of us go through a period of denying this part of ourselves. Rather than beat yourself up over it, take it as an inspiration to be tolerant across the board

{...gads...that sounds pithy and "platitude-ish"....}
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -- Mark Twain

Josie on Google Plus

Josie's Flickr Photostream

Dual Spirits (My Blog)

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Let me be one to say you are forgiven. Now go forward and live your life with a clear concious. You have learned a lesson in life and have learned from it, now don't beat yourself up over it. I went to the rally for the gal who was beat for being transgendered. Be openly friendly and supportive for anyone you meet in public from now on.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Violet,

Don't worry about it. I'm sure you were a lot kinder than what I ran into.

Last summer I was walking, wearing a denim skirt, T-shirt, and sandals. I was not even trying to present myself as a woman. A "friend" or who I thought was a friend and his family were in his garage and the garage door was open. I walked up the driveway, and then the "friend" came out and yelled something like, "You f**king pervert, you're wearing a dress. If you ever set foot on my property wearing a dress, I will beat you".

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Ouch !! that was harsh -- a beating?? Ouch

Banned Read only
    I forgive you! Its good that you remember that day! Its also good that you feel bad about it! Thats shows what kind of person you are today! Thanks Violet! After todays event in Md. in memory the beating of our sister, we need to be more aware of others who might be subject to bullying! Im sick of hearing about people being misstreated because of who they are!!!! Sorry for all my misspelling. Whatever.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Don't beat yourself up about it Violet,You were in a different place back then and you wont have been the first person who's Insecurities have shown in ways that subsequently made you feel ashamed.Of course you will be forgiven,am sure in the future you will make up for it with all the good stuff you accomplish

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

ALWYAS IMPROVE; be the best you can be!!!!! Grow from your experience and do better NEXT TIME!
    Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    There's this memory I have that's eating me up inside, and I need to get it off my chest

About a year ago, I went with my family to a brunch at the Magic Castle in Hollywood. In the buffet line I saw who I figured to be a crossdresser - and when she spoke to me the voice confirmed my suspicions. At that time, I was insecure about my own crossdressing desires, because it was long before I met you wonderful people, back when I thought something was wrong with me. So I responded to her with obvious disapproval in my voice. I don't know how she took it, but it couldn't have made her experience that day any less stressful than it might have been.

My disapproval obviously wasn't aimed directly at that one person, but targeted the whole crossdressing community (as well as myself, at that time), and looking back on that day, I just feel horrible. So I'd like to offer my sincere apologies to all of you wonderful people, in hopes that this somehow makes up for my rudeness and my past intolerance.

Thank you for listening, and I hope you can forgive me
    -Violet

The avvy pic isn't me
    Good for you for owning up to it, some people never do make amends in any fashion. As has been said, use this time to move forward with grace and treat all others with due respect.
    Cassie

Violet,

I can relate to your feelings. I am also a cd'er who has fought it inside for a long time. Your honesty here is admirable. Hopefully you are in a better place in your life today.

Thank you Violet.

To my knowledge no one has been mean to my husband but it cuts me to the bone when I watch their stares, pointing and all. I've had several neighbors and a co worker come to me [ as if I didn't know ] to tattle on Tea. Wives too can pay and sometimes it hurts.
    I hope the forum "guests " understand " we're all just people.

Presh GG

We all make mistakes. Don't worry about it. It does show however, those that have problems with someone are often hiding something about themselves.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

It's never too late to make things right. Glad you have opened your mind and heart.

Celebrate the fact that you're mind is right now. Use this experience as an aid to help you accept people who are different from you, and not just the ones you turn out to be.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    "He/she who is without sin shall cast the first stone".

As u can see by the LACK of stones in the posts here, Violet, we r ALL sinners!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Amazing Member
    This is not uncommon. In fact, it seems in looking over my life, I have criticized or disapproved of a lot of things, before I have got into a situation in which I have become totally sympathetic due to my own experiences. It is a part of the 'learning better' process in life, and shows one is making moral progress, one way or another.

to be able to admit a wrong doing, is the only way to free your self from the prison of guilt.

now go out and live a good life.

Loni

you never really know who are true friends until you need then for acceptance and understanding.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

no need to beat yourself up anymore. There is nothing to forgive, we all have stuggled and denied. Move on and live!

Platinum Member
    Don't sweat it. I would guess that most of us have exhibited intolerance about cross dressing. Its a form of self denial.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Been there, done that and still trying to make up for the lack of sensitivity I showed on one specific occasion. I hope to pay back much more than I expended on behalf of unknowing others in this community. I think we are a probably a much larger club than you may at first imagine.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Violet, It was kind of you to apologize but I don't think it was necessary. We have all had doubts about our feminine desires which also has made it difficult to interact with others in our situation. It's good to know (for your own well being) that you are beyond your personal doubts and have come to realize that even though we were born male, we are all sisters at heart.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

OK, are you ever going to behave like that again? Going to abuse ANY person for something that's bothering your soul? OK, I grant absolution! But, I don't count for that much, and unfortunately your not going to find that original person to obtain closure. I understand that you've done a lot of penance, and it's likely that somewhere in the back of your brain it will always bother you a wee bit? Remember,That's a good thing! We learn from our mistakes, and if we have any conscience, if we have a brain, we learn to be better people. In The Future, you will do better, and perhaps you will have an opportunity to rebalance The Karma.

Trust me, it's about 99.9% likely that your "victim" has long ago forgotten about it! If you have grown, if your going to do better....then, The World will keep turning, and Goblins won't be coming to take your soul.

Thank you for sharing with us, that was a very brave thing to do. I think that ultimately, because you do care about things like this; your going to turn out to be a very good person.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Hey there. That's a good thing you did but like most said , you've beaten yourself up for long enough. I myself have never had any bad thoughs about my CDing nor have I ever made fun or rude comeants. No that I'm better then anyone but that I excepted my CDing way back when I was a kid. It's very brave of someone to say they were wrong or to say sorry. I'm sure the lady you were Kirt with is not even thinking about it. LOL unless she's here and has posted it. Just live life and have fun. Your very forgiven Hun. And I'm sure I speak for her to when I say that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Sounds like you have come a long way.
    Michelle