Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you purge?

Why do you purge?

I am aware of that CD:s purge for different psychological and practical reasons. Some purge because of shame, other purge because of family and so on....

For me i have learned that i have tendencies to purge when there are crisis in my life. I tend to connect my dressing-behaviour to the rest of the world and belive that if i stop to dress everything will be ok. Its a kind of sin-thinking that i have and i cant get rid of it from my head. And yes i am christian and it is making me nuts about my dressing-behaviour...
    As long as it is harmony around me i can dress and be satisfied about it but when it happen something shocking i just have to stop.

Why do/did you purge?

Never have never will. Oh I have thinned out my wardrobe but never purged. I never felt ashamed or guilty for dressing so I never had the need.... But if you or anyone feels the need I recommend you just put all your stuff in boxes or plastic bins and put it away somewhere because you'll always regret losing that stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Very often purging is connected to guilt. And guilt comes from being religious.
    I wonder if any atheists have ever purged?

SUZY

I purge to make room for more clothes!! And makeup... And jewelry... And shoes.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Never purged either.
    DonnaT

I have purged - several times - and regretted it soon thereafter. The reason for purging? As ninapuella said, it was about guilt and shame. As I am now comfortable as Christine, my last purge is behind me - good thing, too, 'cause a new wardrobe is crazy expensive!

Chrissy

I thin out my closet so i have room for the latest seasons fashions.

Pretty sure it'll never happen. Crossdressing is probably the only thing I have left in my life that I'm still happy with.

What Violet just said made me realise something I'd almost forgotten. I see CDing as a wholly positive thing in my life. When I'm feeling down in the dumps, thinking about that part of who I am cheers me up. It's something unique and interesting and fun.
    On-topic, I can't imagine ever purging. Actually I have a horrible habit of hoarding everything. I need to make space sooon.

I used to purge when I had major guilt trips and thought I could give it up. Not for religion, more for family. A classic scenario many years ago was my wife and kids being away and I had two days of dressing. When they were on their way back I just thought... I can't do this.. I am giving up and binned the lot on my way to the station to pick them up.

It never worked and eventually I realised purging is pointless... BUT... I am now in Karren's position... too many clothes and no place to put them all unless I get rid and make room!

BTW... I never realised JC had a downer on cross-dressing? Is it really anti-Christian? Or is it more to do with local culture and mores?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Here's my take on it. I struggle with CD, although it's getting much better, and often feel guilty about it. I haven't purged in a long time mainly because my wife knows and supports me. However, I used to purge because there was hope that it might go away. The thinking behind it for me was, "I can't do it if I don't think about it. And I won't think about it if I don't have it anymore." Needless to say, it never worked for me and I imagine that it probably has never worked for anyone else.

Guess how many times I threw away my cigarettes until I finally stopped smoking 2 years ago.

!2 years ago, I purged. I was the classic guilt & shame basketcase.
    Funny how I never dressed afterwards despite sneaking on to urnotalone.com regularly. I should have become a Republican politician by the way I was behaving. Denial does funny things to people.

Now I'm out everywhere (shopping malls, restaurants, Starbucks, you name it) as Nathalie .....not all the time, but a couple of times a month. My femme side of me is the other half of me, and I accept it. ...wouldn't give it up for anything.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 05-27-2011 at 02:58 PM.

I purged a few times way back when, then started buying again. S/O eventually found out several years ago about 'Wendy' but did not ask me to purge; realizing that I would eventually start again and what I had already bought was expensive. So today, I am now trimming back and staying with the bare necessesities and will be selling or giving away excess. So stay tuned to this sites Classifieds, as I am already giving up my books!

WW

Dressed to please someone
    I have purged once, feeling I have no need for crossdressing. That was the time I met my wife and thought being man for her would be enough. How silly was I, never do it again!

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    Shame, guilt, self hatred, getting caught, punishment, confusion.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

I don't......and won't! Donations only when I tire of something to make room for more!

Interesting to hear all of your views. Many of you seem to be very confident about crossdressing. Tiffanyfisher: I have also compared purging with quit smoking cigarettes! I think its the same thing, you throw away the cigarettes and then you just go and buy new cigarettes. It doesnt solve anything.

Luckely i dont purge clothes and pictures anymore. Now i just purge my identity as a crossdresser on the internet. But that is enough frustrating.

I've only purged once due to guilt, regretted it immediately and never did it again.

Like others, I thin out the wardrobe every now and then, usually after my wife has a bit of a friendly dig about me having more girl clothes than drab crap!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I purged a couple of times out of guilt and shame. After coming out to my SO and dealing with some issues, I started to accept myself for who I was. Last purge was 10 years ago, and since then it has been a money safer. No more hiding, and I now have a freedom to purchase what I want.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Sweet legged man Shoe Fettish Boy's Avatar
    I purged because my ex wife forced me too TT_TT. I was so sad. Now I do it for the same reasons as women. Stuff that sits in the closet for over a year, or that no longer fits and never will again.
    Panties and stockings are for everyone

If I purge,it's because things no longer fit,recently I donated jeans because my weight loss wouldn't let them fit,they were size 20's,I'm down to a size 14/16 now,depending if they are junior sizes,or womens sizes,if I get rid of shoes,it's because they are worn out,I have 2 pair of heels I have had for over 25 years,and several pair of flats,Joan & Davids,I have had that long as well.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

I was a closet crossdresser for 30 years untill 2 months ago when I told my wife. For me it was a cycle of exhilaration, then shame for the act, followed by guilt and finally fear of being caught. Now that the wife knows I will never do it again. I cry when I think of all the clothes I wished I had kept.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I am so lucky to have found my feminine side WITH my wife, so there never has been a moment of guilt. Tina is clearly a part of who I am, and I think she makes me (us?) a much stronger and more well-rounded person...clearly more empathetic! BTW, I (both my masculine and feminine sides) am/are Christian too, and I find no contradiction there at all!

The only "purging" I've done is after a discussion with my wife about the fact that Tina should not wear clothes that don't make her feel great or look terrific! This was after buying a skirt/top combo that I thought would look just terrific on Tina. Well, it was just terrible, so off to GoodWill with it!

IMHO, if you have a real feminine side, this is who you are. Society may not completely agree, but so what? It's not about Society's choices, it's about yours. Heck, I'm not about to introduce Tina to my mother either! We all make choices, but being guilty should never be a part of that choice!

proud to be Tina!

I purged once when I was 18 because of a rejection. I just wanted to live a normal life and be a man and find other relationships
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Suzy, I suspect that atheists have purged, not because of guilt, but out of fear of getting caught and screwing up a relationship or job.

Cleaning out stuff you don't wear any more is not purging - it's culling. Purging is tossing it all - trying to stop crossdrressing cold turkey.

The OP question is: WHY do/did you purge. If you never purged, why answer the question? Same thing happened with the "what's your fetish?" thread. Some had to chime in with "I don't have any fetishes". What's the point?