Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comment: My Husband/Boyfriend is "All Man".

Comment: My Husband/Boyfriend is "All Man".

Every once in a while I will be with somebody from work, social groups, etc., and meals out at a restaurant happen, and whenever a MTF CD is seen, the women seem to invariably make a comment that their husband/boyfriend is "All Man" and would NEVER be caught dead wearing women's clothing. I have a habit of playing devil's advocate and point out that the guy in drag is "All Man", he was born a male, and regardless of what he is wearing, underneath that lovely dress, beautiful wig, and behind that impeccable make-up, he is still "All Man".

The conversation takes a variety of lanes throughout whatever time it takes place, some women eventually say it is okay for anybody to do whatever they want, however they would never permit their man crossdressing, some even say they would divorce him, out him to family and friends, etc.

Depending on the situation and the people involved, I may keep up the defense of CD'ing, or just let it drop.

There have also been times when I've been asked if I wear women's clothing, (presumably based on my defense of CD'ers), and depending on the people, I either say "NO" or I would say "...well, this one time at band camp..." (LOL... inside joke). Only until the past two or three years have I shared my CD life with a handful of friends, all female. All of them, except one, accepts that I have a side that likes soft, sexy things.

Sorry... got distracted for a moment. LOL

Anyway, how do you feel when you hear somebody say that their husband/boyfriend is "All Man" and would rather die than wear a dress?

Ever have a similar conversation to what I discusses, supra?
    Last edited by Toni Citara; 10-27-2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Received edit/email from Admin, "got it" won't happen again. Well, hopefully not. If it does, please forgive me. LOL
    “They’re not women’s clothes. They’re my clothes. I bought them.” (Eddie Izzard)

For as many closeted cd's as there are, noone really knows what someone does behind closed doors. Their "all man" SO just might be one of them.

Jodi

I defend the CD in question and if they keep talking about it I tell them I'm CD. Then the education begins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I'm pretty sure MOST people would rather LIVE if the options were wear some silly cloths or die!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U have to remember, MOST folks r insecure, some more, some less, with their, or their SO's sexuality! Or, sexual ABILITY in many cases! Which often r confused by vanilla folks!

None of my friends have every mentioned, " Bla bla is all man", in my presence. If they did, honestly, I'd be concerned about their sex life!

In my opinion, as one who started dressing at age 50, someone who is "all man" would be ok dressing up as a female for a party, play, or special event. But, would get NOTHING out of doing that! Just as I didn't, dressing up one Halloween with my ex, many years ago!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

A comment like that always irks me to no end! But then there's me! I'm all female! I just have a male side! [outside that is!] Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Only an insecure woman concerned about her image in the eyes of other women would need to treat the man as an object for her glorification. These mindless superficial types are only so much cow dung and should be treated as such. In my humble opinion of course.

If only those women knew that some of there own guys are cross dressing too.

Toni, insofar as I am concerned, I never had any doubts about my masculinity. Maybe that's because I am a crossdresser and I have options in the way I express my gender identity, unlike the macho types for whom this is an all or nothing proposition which then feeds their insecurities.

When I was still dating, most girls tended to look upon me as a friend or a brother, and not necessarily as potential boyfriend material whom they would be willing to have hot monkey sex with in due course. Maybe this was because more of my softer side subconsciously seeped out than I realized, and their intuition picked up on this as they were more into "bad boys" at the time - this being a phase that many women go through until they finally see the light. On the other hand, I was always the guy whose shoulders they would cry on when their macho boyfriends treated them like crap, which seems to go with the territory. So much for being a "Man's Man" in that alpha male type of way.

Some of them eventually got smart and saw those once-intriguing "bad boys" for the misogynist losers they really were, while others married them much to their eventual regret and ended up divorcing them. So to your point about these women bragging about their "All Man" husbands or SO's - I wonder what they are trying to cover up with regard to their relationship and what really goes on behind closed doors. I'm sure that there are plenty of downsides being married to one of these knuckle-dragging Neanderthals that they will never admit to for fear of losing face.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Citara View Post
    Anyway, how do you feel when you hear somebody say that their husband/boyfriend is "All Man" and would rather die than wear a dress?
    My response would be that it takes one heck of a confident man to wear a dress.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I don't hear this comment often, but when I do I simply smile to myself and thank the Maker that I didn't somehow end up married to one of those airheads! Do they really think that someone's "manliness" is linked to the clothes that they wear? How foolish is that????

tina

How ignorant of them to say so lol
    [SIZE="2"]"Tell me why I can't where a mini 'kilt' to work?"[/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

I usually ask them to define, " all man ". I then ask them if Rock Hudson or Rick Mercer are 'all man'. Soon the woman wants to change the subject and generally, takes a longterm slight dislike for me. Oh, she won't say it, but I can tell (Call it woman's intuition. lol).

How about something like " he may not be all man, but she has great taste in style!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Platinum Member
    I guess I've never heard that. Mostly, I hear second hand comment, related by my wife, stuff like, I wish my husband would help around the house, make me breakfast, etc.

My aunt once asked me if I'd like her to buy me nylons...before I thought anyone knew about my little hobby. That kinda freaked me out!

Many wives, including accepting ones, do not want others to know that their husbands crossdress. "All man" comments may be an agressive defensive mechanism.

Maybe her husband IS all man. I'm all human. I embrace both sides of what humanity has to offer. Does that mean that people who are "all man" or "all woman" are only half-human? Hmmmm......maybe not, but I find it humorous to entertain the thought. That crossdresser might well be "all man" when he's not en femme, too.

But there are people, like perhaps this woman you speak of, who are truly heterosexual, and are attracted to the extreme characteristics of their spouses. Maybe this woman's husband exudes masculinity, and she likes that. She still shouldn't pour her derision on people who are different. But if her man is "all man", and she likes that, then I don't have a problem with her feeling that way. But I'd point out to her that this does not make the crossdresser any less of a man, or a person. She's probably a very good person, in fact.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

a bit nutty
    What is a REAL man anyway? Someone who adheres to societies stringent rules on how males should behave? A follower?

A "stereotypical" male I think, is not someone that would make a good lifelong mate. A woman that proclaims such nonsense is either hopelessly living in a fantasy world, completely ignorant of reality, or is someone who will be forever single for whatever reason. A woman that is or has been married to the stereotypical "mans man" likely wouldn't be boasting about their mate.

My 2 cents anyhoo.

Ginger

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Citara View Post
    the women seem to invariably make a comment that their husband/boyfriend is "All Man" and would NEVER be caught dead wearing women's clothing.
    They also insist that their husbands never cheat, and hate to look at playboy magazines. Shows you how well most women know their husbands.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

"All man. . ." LOL. What a load of crap, IMHO.

First, I hear "all man" and I think of one of the mouth-breathing cavemen like some of the husbands on Housewives of New Jersey. Now THAT is something to aspire to!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    Only an insecure woman concerned about her image in the eyes of other women would need to treat the man as an object for her glorification. These mindless superficial types are only so much cow dung and should be treated as such. In my humble opinion of course.
    Yeah, I agree. I think it is a self-image problem, but there is a male side to it also. I have a close friend who dated a series of amazingly smart and talented women (pretty too). He would break it off everytime. He finally settled on a "bimbo" because he couldn't be happy with a woman that was his equal, let alone his better. Just crazy.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Is there an exact definition of a fella who is "All Man" would I a crossdressing husband be less of A Man than my Wifes ex bfs/ex husbands one a serial cheater and the other a Wife Beater? are they classed as "real men"? Of Course they are not,so wat is a Real Man,I'm sure we would all like to know

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member
    I can think of two occasions when I heard a woman describe her husband as "All Man". These same two women, during wine induced discussions of orgasms, have described their husbands as "I got mine. What's your problem?" kind of guys.

Kitty

"Oh all man, I'm sorry thats too bad"

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    My wife and I walk the roads in our city cemetery because it is beautiful and we are never more than a couple of hundred yards from our car if we get tired of walking. The other day my wife commented on one of the headstones that read "He was a real man". She thought that what she could put on my headstone would be "He was a real man who could look beautiful". Androgynous kind of a statement yet to those who know would create a smile.
    Last edited by shayleetv; 10-28-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt