Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: when does Crossdresser become Transsexual if ever

when does Crossdresser become Transsexual if ever

I just read Annies post titled "OMG I am a tranny" and such had tickled an old itch, question which remains a puzzle, is there one continuum of gender trans with stages which have a smooth transition invisible to naked eye or all those categories of gender expression are separate instance and no connection exists.

I have continuously observed girls even here change their rigid stance given enough time. You know the joke what is the difference between a CD and a TS.........couple years I know, I know, shame on me but still funny

So here is the million milliliter of estrogen question: [SIZE="4"]"Do you believe Crossdressing to be just a stage along the transgender continuum, or is it stand alone, self expression by male with male gender brain and strong feminine side and no denial?????"[/SIZE]

I believe it is a station along the line. Some stop there, and are fine to remain there for decades or even the rest of their lives. Others might stop there and hang out for a while, waiting for the next train. Still others might have gotten on the express rail and just cruise right past it.

There are a lot of reasons why a male gendered person might crossdress. Some get turned on, some like taboos, some are transsexual and just haven't figured it all out yet. None of these reasons are better or worse than the others, none are more or less real and compelling. But, not all are because the person is transsexual. We are all individual, and we all have circumstances that pertain only to us, which compel us to be here. Some will strut around Crossdresser Station in their frilly undies, some will hang out for a while then realize they need to move on, and some just want to get from Point M to Point F as quickly as possible. However, we are all on a similar journey, no matter how many miles we all go.

Anna

when they win the lottery!

I must say both are very profound answers

Oh by the way! rules state that if anyone member wins lotto, she is bound to share all the moneys with their girlfriends here, equally divide!
    Last edited by Inna; 03-11-2012 at 01:02 AM.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    I must agree with Anna. It is a station on the live. Some choose to get off at a station before the TS line, others ride it to the end. I wonder where I am. I am a cross dresser, but beyond just wearing women's clothing, I do so enjoy seeing myself in dress and makeup and looking far more feminine than I ever could have believed. It is more than just wearing the clothes, somehow. i dont know what it means. i dont really care, as I love who I am, and where I am at this moment. If there is another train coming along to take me further, so be it. I will only know that when i decide to get on that train. there is nothing smooth about the changes that we go through. Yet, we all go through them, or we choose to stop. Regardless, we are all in this together, so Hugs for everyone.

Babes
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I always knew I was a girl/woman. CDing didn't interest me until about age 11. Then the connection was made in my mind. Until then I didn't feel real complete.

Since the age of 8 0r 9 I knew that I would live at least a part of my adult life as a woman. It's so wonderful, but costly & time consuming.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Senior Member Jacqueline Winona's Avatar
    I'm new to accepting what I am, so I'm far, far from having all the answers. And as you've probably seen, I'm a live in the moment kinda girl and try to see the beauty in every situation. But I just don't see this leading to TS for me. I like to think I know what I am and don't think it's going to change, but I guess we'll see in a few years.

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    You threw out a joke so I will. The difference between a CD and a TS is that the CD is married and the TS is not. LOL Seriously I believe a surprising number of CDs are really TS but for 1000 reasons or excuses (married being the biggest one) they choose not to transition.

Funny thing is that when a CD does get divorced my money is on them transitioning.

Yes of course the married CDs are going to chime in and say I am a happy man and husband. Perhaps they are...... now.........

Katie

My guess is acceptance, but I'm sure that some CDs are happy being men and all of the things that come with being male.
    The denial and repression do some funky things, it's 2012 and there will still be people born today that will face the same issues.

A Dr told me I have a hormone imballance. I old now. If I were a lot younger I am sure I would have the big op I am not very happy as a man.

I have though about this too. I think the point would be when a person wants to take hormone pills.

I'd compare it to happily being an apartmrnt dweller (CD) and buying a house (TS). Buying a house is a life-changing decision requiring major financial and legal investment as well as taking on a lot of future responsibility for maintenece, upgrades, and figuring out what to do when the neighborhood goes to hell in a handbasket.
    Silk and Steel

Great answers that again explore this strange world. I like Anna's train analogy, but it implies a one way destination with stops on the way. I don't see it that way but rather more like early America. There is this vast continent of possibilities and we find places we like stay a while and some of us move on somewhere else after a while. Sometime we find a place to stay for whatever reason... sometimes for life, sometimes not. Divorce can certainly cause us to re-evaluate and move on again.

In the early days people headed West - so is California TS and Boston straight? I don't think so. TS isn't Nirvana but for many people it is the closest there is.

In my head I dream of being a female sometimes (lots of times!), but I also like being my male side. If I got to the other side would I dream of coming back? Who knows... we are who are and we make choices and 9/10 we aren't happy with the choices because the grass is always greener on some other side.

Some days I'd like to figure out who I really am, but then if I did I may not like what I find! Until then I am on my journey... I just wish I was 30 years younger and had won the lottery! I suspect my choices might have been different! LOL!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I have a keen sense of humor so i know what is funny. But Katie I think what you said about CDs is true. Married cds just become bi curious unless they either get younger or divorced.

Tess
    [COLOR="blue"]Contessa Marie D

I'm TG. A fem-male so I look male sometimes.

Dressing is necessary, the type of clothes you wear not so much.

This above all to thy own self be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Katesback View Post
    You threw out a joke so I will. The difference between a CD and a TS is that the CD is married and the TS is not. LOL Seriously I believe a surprising number of CDs are really TS but for 1000 reasons or excuses (married being the biggest one) they choose not to transition.

Funny thing is that when a CD does get divorced my money is on them transitioning.

Yes of course the married CDs are going to chime in and say I am a happy man and husband. Perhaps they are...... now.........

Katie
    I don't alway agree with you Katie but in this case I am a prime example to your comment. If I wasn't married I would have already gone through tranisition.
    Sara

I am running late for the subway, trying to get to Grand Central station. I know a cab (HRT) is quicker but more expensive and logistically still have issues, so I jump from one train to the next train, bumping into women like you saying good morning. In the mean time, I like the taste, smells and beauty inside of me of taking the slow train. Today I took/taking the CD line with help from my wife, then will catch the HRT subway to Grand Central to come home.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Out of the small sampling of crossdressers (six including me) I've personally known and emailed for years, three decided they are transsexual. And are in various stages of transitioning, from having complete surgery, to orchiectomy, to hormones & T blockers. All claimed to be only crossdressers when I first met them. So looks to me like its a station along the way. Some are just more comfortable staying at the station and missing the train. If I were 55 years younger and know what I know now, I might be on the train. But at this point in my life, doesn't look likely.
    [SIZE="3"]
    *** Barbie Lanai ***
    [/SIZE]

yea barbie i agree with you if knew at 18 what i know now i would have taken the express but i did not know what i know now and i would not have wanted to miss the love that i have had in the life that i have had my wife was a wonderful woman that i loved dearly my 6 kids are great and i love them so i guess it all works out good it is your needs that have to be fullfilled
    hugs
    Ronda

A lot depends on self perception Inna. For myself the CDing came to be a stand alone type of expression. It's an art form to me among many other things, including being part of my overall self. I can be either male or female, both or neither. The person I am is the main thing.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Cross dressers don't become transsexual.
    Transsexual's who thought they were cross dressers always were transsexual.
    Many transsexuals can and do languish for years under the weight of excuses as to why they cannot transition.
    You know who you are here on the forums Ms. Crossdresser.
    Your the one who keeps attempting to ignore those " feelings " of needing something more, much more.
    You feel trapped by life. Family, house, career, etc.
    That's why for years you attempt to convince yourself your just a cross dresser.
    I've seen this before many times.
    You are going to wake up one day with multiple mental health issues and the panicky feeling that your life has just gone by without you fulfilling what you were born to fulfill.

Tick Tock goes the clock. That feeling that you just got punched in the stomach is your alarm going off telling you it's well past time for you to act.
    This is why you see so many late transitioners.
    There's nothing wrong with that but imagine if you transitioned when you were in your thirties instead of your fifties.

Life is up to you , the question is are you going to do what you were meant to do.

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by Julia_in_Pa View Post
    Cross dressers don't become transsexual.
    Transsexual's who thought they were cross dressers always were transsexual.
    Many transsexuals can and do languish for years under the weight of excuses as to why they cannot transition.
    You know who you are here on the forums Ms. Crossdresser.
    Your the one who keeps attempting to ignore those " feelings " of needing something more, much more.
    You feel trapped by life. Family, house, career, etc.
    That's why for years you attempt to convince yourself your just a cross dresser.
    I've seen this before many times.
    You are going to wake up one day with multiple mental health issues and the panicky feeling that your life has just gone by without you fulfilling what you were born to fulfill.

Tick Tock goes the clock. That feeling that you just got punched in the stomach is your alarm going off telling you it's well past time for you to act.
    This is why you see so many late transitioners.
    There's nothing wrong with that but imagine if you transitioned when you were in your thirties instead of your fifties.

Life is up to you , the question is are you going to do what you were meant to do.

Julia
    I believe Julia has hit the nail on the head.

Some premises: humans are complex; one cannot extrapolate ones behavior to another; cross dressing is a complex behavior. (Sorry, left out the bar graphs and colors for Karren.). It seems then, that the question is answerable only for each individual and not the entire group. For me as an individual at age 70.5, even with hindsight, my station was cross dressing only.

LOL.....got to love Julia !

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Had I known what I know now, I really don't know how far down the rail line I would have gone. I got off the train at "Whoville" and have been here so long that I have come to enjoy the life in "Whoville". I am not going to go down to the station and wonder what is down the line, maybe it is age that has caused me to loose the spirit of adventure, but if I am at peace with me being in "Whoville", then this is where I will stay. Life has enough regrets, and what if's, without me adding this one also...again. Can't deny that wanting to know what the next station and town are like has not crossed my mind too many times over the years. In "Whoville" I am and in "Whoville" I will stay, no regrets.....now.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!