Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spilling the beans at last...

Spilling the beans at last...

Recently I've gotten to the point where I'm being crushed by my issues. I've come to accept that I am a cross dresser but dealing with it through life has been difficult at best. This is the first time in 23 years of doing this that I've talked to a large group of people about this...

I was twelve when I started, I can still remember the very first thing I noticed was a classmate's bra strap. I wondered what it felt like to wear girls clothing and soon found my mothers stuff as well as some hand-me-down things from an older cousin given to my sister. It was always sexual for me, I'd get the release and then I'd be right back to doing normal boy stuff. In fact if there had never been any cross dressing my teenage years would have been typical of any male.

As I got older I acquired a small stash of clothing I would use. I dated women and enjoyed being around them but there was always this itch to scratch.... Lingerie and formal wear were always in demand, anything with satin really just did it for me. This went on for years, hiding the shame and almost getting busted a few times.

My family was a disaster, a distant mother addicted to gambling and a policeman father who ruled with an iron fist. My parents spent my sister and I's formative years working or going to school or both. They were rarely around and always chasing after building a big bank account. I was never good enough, only my failures were expounded upon while the good seemed to go unnoticed most of the time. I knew if my father found out what I was that it would be unacceptable and his wrath was nothing to face without good reason.

I had a hard time in my 20's. I've always had a hard time relating to people or getting close to them. My grandfather was the exception, we were cut from the same cloth, but he died before I got out of high school and I still feel the loss today. I was unable to decide on a career path and spent a decade on a sex fueled cross dressing spiral of abuse and depression. Suicide seemed an option at some points, it seemed tougher to live than to end it all but I was scared to do that. It seemed a line right out of the old Sam Cooke song... "I'm scared of livin' but I'm afraid to die.... 'cause I don't know what's up there beyond the sky..."

I reconnected with my high school girlfriend 6 years ago at the end of my black time. She was everything I wasn't... smart, caring, and lovable. We soon fell in love again and married. The cross dressing faded to nothing. I wasn't sad to see it go as it had been replaced with something that felt better and had no shame. Our first year was wonderful but soon the cross dressing started to creep back in. I've never carried a secret well and eventually I told her. She took it well but had concerns... what spouse wouldn't I guess.

This new stage of life involved resisting urges and fighting cross dressing with everything I had. It was an exhausting fight, depression returned and I grew angry. I became someone I didn't recognize, someone prone to angry outbursts including throwing stuff or destroying things. It didn't take much to set me off, any old small thing seemed to let loose the fury that had penned up inside me. I found myself saying the most horrible things to my wife also... we both hurt after these episodes, truly a sad affair.

Since I considered myself a Christian we went to Christian counseling. The lady was very helpful but here advice with the cross dressing was to just stop. This I did but the outcome was more anger at everyone including god. I withdrew into myself and stopped going out in public, I hated people and wanted nothing to do with them. Depression sapped my energy and I lost interest in my hobbies.

All the while the urges grew from just wanting to wear the cloths for a sexual release to more practical use. I now wanted to sleep in them or just relax around the house in them. The harder I fought the worse it got. I broke my relationship with god, I wondered how such a loving being could saddle me with this and expect me to give thanks. I was angry because after my parents had divorced I swore that I would not fail at marriage and here I was with such a problem that success seemed unattainable. Suicide once again felt like the only way out...

It was a sunny morning one day when I finally accepted that I was a cross dresser. I could take no more of the mental fight going on in my brain. I gave up and just thought "oh well", its just the way it is. I still spend a lot of time wondering what my purpose is hear on earth. With all these conflicting issues is a tough one to figure out.

Since then some things have improved but some have not. There is still a lot of tension in the house. My wife does not like cross dressing, and I understand that. She has offered to allow some dressing during intimate times but her disdain for cross dressing keeps me for acting out on those impulses. She is actually very good about talking to me about it. She is the one that will usually start a conversation but I have a hard time talking about it. Maybe because I spent two decades keeping it a secret its hard for me to get it out there. I am also a very shy person and very mindful of her feelings, I hate causing her sorrow. Sometimes I feel like she thinks if we just talk about it I don't actually have to do it and that that's an ok substitute. I feel like a criminal in my own house some days.

Its tough dealing with these feelings of envy and jealousy towards women. Frustrating because I feel my time would be better spent elsewhere being more productive. I get extremely sad sometimes because I stop myself from buying clothes that would make me feel good to wear. We're just getting by right now so there isn't any money for this stuff anyway, that helps because I couldn't do it even if I had a green light.

So that's where I'm at, I'd give my time here on the planet a C- so far. It does feel good to get this off my chest, sometimes my back is so sore and tight from the stress of all this it feels like its going to snap. Thanks for listening...

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Hi RedFourteen, welcome to the forum. It's good that you found us, we all have similar experiences and understand.
    Dana Ryan

Welcome Red14,

Sounds like you've had a tough time of it, a time similar to many folks here. I' sure you will find company and support here.

xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Red,

Welcome in. Sit down, take a deep breath and relax for a while. It feels good to share.

As you read through the various threads that have been posted here over the years you will find you have lots in common with many and something in common with many more. You have been fighting a difficult battle on your own and that can take a toll on a person and their loved ones. This isn't going to be the place to visit so you can quit, so don't get that idea. If we are here, we are dealing with crossdressing at some level. Some learning to accept and deal with it, others celebrating all it means to them and a few doing it all.

Keep reading and keep posting, it helps get a handle on something that at times seems impossible to grasp.

remember, breathe. You are among friends here.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hi

I have to say your experiences mirror my own to a certain extent. I'm not sure there is an easy answer. I wish crossdressing was not a part of my life, but it keeps coming back and i cannot resist it. I, like yourself, have the love of a good woman, and that means more to me than anything else including crossdressing.

Hell-o Red,
    Been there, done that, bought the T shirt , purged it, and eventually
    bought another!
    CDing may seem to bring a lot of undue stresses, but it can relieve just
    as much or more. Finding a way to incorporate it into your life, and balance
    those stresses is the trick.
    Welcome to the forum.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Thanks for the welcome....

Hopefully I can find some sort of balance and regain some quality of life. I've been a lurker here for a while now, reading up on stuff but felt I needed to join and tell my mini epic. I really does feel better that its out now to a bunch of random people... even if it still is in an anonymous sort of way.

I'm not looking for a way to quit, I don't believe there is such a thing... its a part of my core and I can no easier change it than I can my likes or dislikes for anything else. I'm tired of hearing that its a choice. If there was a way to quit I would have found it by now with all the things I tried. Anything but cross dressing just makes me miserable as well as those close to me.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Hi Red

The first step is always the hardest. However, here you are among a lot of kindred souls. All of us have been/going through what you are going through. I'm wont lie it is not easy self doubt, guilt, depression find us all, but there is light at the end, inner peace, accepting your real self whatever level of CDing that is right for you. Remember here you are among friends who will listen and maybe sometimes some good advice

Rachael
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Hey red, I've had some of your experiences, the depression and introvertedness to name a few.

I hope you'll stick around here a while, the support and advice is wonderful, the first step to helping yourself is talking

Sarah

Red,

I think you might benefit from a few sessions with a qualified gender therapist. See if you can find a good and affordable one in your area.

You have found your long lost Tribe ~ Your People, Welcome......................

hi red,
    finding this place of full of folks who share these intimate stories always makes me feel normal, hope in time you will too...
    as stated previously, been there done that,
    you have a loving wife who may benefit from joining with the other accepting wives who gather here,
    focus on the things that brought you both together and if by chance the other things fall into place it will be that much better,
    forget the guilt and shame of the past, revel in duality and understanding that you can share with your wife,
    i think better times are ahead....in my day a C- was average, not a terrible place to be....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Your problems are not with God, but with your religion. Find a better church that doesn't judge. Isn't that in the Bible? "Judge not, lest ye be judged?"

As to the rest of it, if your wife is seriously fixed in her attitude regarding CDing and her religion, don't have any suggestions there. If she has some flexibility, try finding a good counsellor, well versed in gender issues, and go together.

There is nothing wrong with CDing of itself, the only harm comes if it causes issues with others. The only answer there is education, or moving away from those others. Not always an option. The second best answer is finding an accommodation with them, the classic DADT. It has varying degrees of success. In your case it seems that the conditions are too much for you to be satisfied.

The thing about cost of clothing is a 2 pronged assault. You want to wear the stuff, but you've probably got more than you need anyway. Buying something else is a substitute for wearing, but ends up making things worse because of the guilt about family budget. And around the vicious circle goes... At least, this is how it has been for me. A partial solution for me is to haunt the goodwill and thrift stores, I usually have better luck finding workable outfits there anyway. Most of my skirts have been in the $2-$5 range.

I think your best option is to get some good help in talking things out with your wife. No more religion based counsellors.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Having accepted yourself, being able to communicate with your wife together with the advice and support of this forum is a good foundation to help navigate a way forward and hopefully to a state of peace and happiness. So far I find it has helped me embrace this part of my personality and I'm a much happier person that I was previously.

Welcome to the forum.

Try to stay active here, it's a great group of wonderful girls here! You'll learn so much and grow to understand you are not alone. You are going through many of the same things most of the girls here have. The more you learn, the better you will be able to deal with your feelings. The biggest thing for me was the moment I admitted I am a crossdresser and accepted it. Once I did that I was able to love myself after years of self-loathing and it completely changed me. Let's do waht we can to get that C- up to an A.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Silver Member
    Red

I feel for you, and I think that even with your challenges you have a lot to be thankful for. As far as God goes, there many of us here with great faith we express in many ways. You need to find your relationship in your own experience. I see many people alienated from their faith because of poor experiences from others in their church. This is a huge shame. Don't let anyone steal your faith or the knowledge that you are worthwhile. Most of the time when this happens is from a personal issue they have and not a mature understanding of their own religion let alone God (him or herself).

Religion is an off topic typically here on the board with good reason to be respectful for different denominations and beliefs. But that doesn't mean that we can't support you in your journey.

REd,
    I,ve had a similar life. My parents never accepted my desire to crossdress and I spent most of my early adult life trying to deny the desire. When I finally married, I kept the desire secret from my wife. After about eight years of marriage, she discovered me dressed and became very hostile about it. Since that time, she has come to accept my need to dress but still does not approve. ..Keep hoping that your wife will accept you as you are, just as I am praying for every day.

Welcome Red,

Your story is very similar to mine and a lot of others on this forum. Hang in there and the best of luck to you.

A lot of the points you touched on (suppressing the feeling for a relationship, family that would't understand, depression as a result of suppressing it, etc) may resonate with several of us. We know how you feel. Have you ever considered talking to a therapist? Just to help with processing the emotions? I've started recently and have found it helps a bit. <3

Hi Red. I told my wife about 3 years ago and she told me as long as I dont try to hide anything from her or to become another person she wasn't worried about what I wear. Communication and self acceptance is important in your happiness. I wish you and your wife the best of luck as your story is very similar to mine up until I fessed up. Be there for each other and consider her needs as well as your own. There is a balance where you can both be happy I think. Warmest regards, Tiffany

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your wife in regards to cross dressing. As stated in previous posts, I'm so fortunate to have had a wife that accepted and supported my cross dressing. I came out to her while we were still dating. In response, she gave my her pink baby doll pajamas and I knew I could never find another. She entered heaven last year after 40 years of marriage. I hope to eventually find a companion to fill the void that I now feel. I know that I will have to come out to her like I did my wife and hope that she reacts the same way.

We are all in a place where we may need to talk to someone. there are a lot of people At this site who may help you feel better, Your not alone Red.
    Angie

It is good venting and telling your story here, read others replies and then ask questions and discuss issues further.

You will find it good therapy.

I also welcome you to the forum.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Red, Your story sounds very similar to mine, except, i am 60, never got a chance to marry, period. The religious torment, of being in one, that i agree with, except ti forbids crossdressing, amd only accepts heterosexual marriage, and almost everyone in it, is married, and i am a cd loner, who must be secret. Low income here, family of origin would skewer me if they knew. Feel suicidal often. I know many here have not had these issues as strongly, and are very joyful, but some of us, every day is a severe stressful battle . i feel your pain. I go to a VA woman therapist, and she totally disagree with my religion. I am torn, so, my name, Alice Torn. Good therapists can be very expensive, and us low incomers cannot afford them. We have to go to either VA if veterans, or a sliding scale one. It sure can seem like you are all alone at times, with this thing. But you can check in here.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 04-15-2015 at 03:02 PM.

It is interesting to see the number of posters here, I never would have guess there were so many.

I took a psychology class in college and it peaked my interest in the human brain. While I would not have chosen this path it is interesting to wonder what is going on in my brain and how I got to be this way. Was it something I saw or did as a kid? Family issues?

I still have no real relationship with my mother, was it all the years of neglect on her part? Maybe I'm trying to make up for the lack of that relationship... maybe not. At any rate I spent few years trying to figure out the why and never got anywhere so I gave up seriously trying to figure it out and just ponder it now and then.

We're in a tight financial situation for the foreseeable future so there's no extra for more therapists right now.

It was a shock for my wife to see me posting here (she has read this thread, I'm not sneaking around). She said it made it real for her and was tough on here but she has really been communicating even more. I still find it hard to talk about... twenty years of hiding things is tough to put aside but the new level of communication is a positive.