Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christina was a guest speaker in class today!

I admire your tremendous courage. Sounds like you really "made a difference" in just one class. You should be very proud....and we should all thank you.

Hi Christina

Congratulations and thank you.

Your courage and talk will I am sure have educated a lot of people, and not just those in class.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Christina, that is hugely impressive.

You will have changed minds, and maybe not just of those who were there, but those who were there may tell their friends about what happened, and maybe they will be met with ridicule when they do so, but after a moment they will say - "you know what - she was really cool - just a human being like you or me - and not only that but she stood up for what she believed in, and held dear - what does our constitution have to say about that...? And what about Martin Luther-King and what about Ghandi? They did not HAVE to say the things they did, and yet say them they did; and after a while, the world took notice..." In this way are minds changed, and in that way things will change, and you will have been a part of it, however apparently small your gesture may have seemed on that day. And for that you deserve and have my absolute and utmost respect.

Julia - No Passaran!
    Last edited by Julia1984; 04-01-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    Not all of us grow up to be the man we once thought we might become.

My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night. But Ah, my friends, and Oh my foes, It gives a lovely light.

Thank you and thank you again. You did a wonderful and great thing. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    The question you need to ask yourself is "why?". What is to be gained. The bloom will be off this rose soon and then you will be the same as before. But if it is YOU...then do it. Just don't do it for the glory
    Exactly !

I am humbled by your responses. Josrphene deserves much more praise, having done such a thing multiple times and wasn't even part of the class. She used her own time to educate people and present to them that we are not some kind of freaks, but ordinary people striving for a place in society and desiring to live happy lives.

Still haven't decided to continue dressing in class since I have to wear a wig now as my wife pitched a fit about my girly hair and so cut it off.

It's going to be in the high eighties already next week! I love cold weather to dress in and am jealous of you girls in the great white north!

Congratulations, Christina. Courage rewarded, as yours was, is truly satisfying, isn't it?

I don't see why you'd need a wig -- if you were wearing pink sweaters and makeup to class before this, why can't you do that (and other similar things) now too? If you want one, that's a different matter.

I remember reading that your wife manipulated and pressured you into getting a more masculine haircut. That's shameful, for her. Good luck getting it back to what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDanielle View Post
    If there's one thing I hate more than anything in the world: it's living a lie. And clowns.

Well, if I go totally en femme with forms and really get serious with my ugly mug, then my hair would kind of stand out pretty badly. If I'm totally Christina I like to complete the look.

I was wrong about the weather. It's already 90 today, ughh. You girls in the UK have it so good!

Good for you.
    Amanda

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    First of all, thank you!

Now about what to do next, my guess is that if you go back to guy mode, you will get some questions about why you didn't stay as a girl. That will open it up for you to move back and forth. Every other time might be instructive to both your class, and how you feel about it.

But if you go for the Christina presentation, I agree that it should be all Christina, including the hair

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Thank you Christina for sharing your experience.
    A most wonderful read.
    Funny about the "I knew it" girl

Well done! You should be very, very proud of yourself, I know I'm proud of you.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

What you did was a powerful thing and would have had an impact on everyone.

I would be inclined to see how it goes over the next few weeks after having dialogue with others in your class.

Maybe it is time, but then again.......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaK View Post
    Another came up and told me she is a transgendered man and she appreciated the guts it took to get up there. Wow! She has short hair and doesn't wear makeup, but she looks like Tinkerbell. I had no idea. I want to talk to her again.
    Yes, that is something you should do. Many people have such a feeling of isolation and it's possible that he does also. At any rate, definitely could be a new friend.

So, the class went splendidly. It could not have been better in my dreams. The instructor was very appreciative. I'm SO glad I did it. It was like going off the high dive for the first time, then having a perfect entrance into the water.
    From my experience, nothing ventured, nothing gained. This is the essence of Risk; knowing that there is something that might be sacrificed in the process. Always, we have to be willing to accept the potential negative consequences as well as the benefits. So, when something does go well, give yourself complete permission to absorb all of those good feelings.

Now what do I do? Do I continue to go completely en femme? I didn't think of that before the class, but I'm out now, right? Would it be too much to continue to present?
    You've expanded the box. You may do as you please.

DeeAnn