Thread: Underdressed at the Hospital?

Underdressed at the Hospital?

Thot I might have found out about this one today. Almost struck in a crosswalk this am. Would have been interesting ambulance trip, given my Ladies teeshirt/Bra/Panties/Red sparkle toenails under my man-clothes. Did not have my thigh-highs on , or a Cami that I often wear. Wonder what the reactions might be at the ER. ?? Close call. Rhonda Redrunner did strike my shopping cart that I had in tow behind me, as I'm getting out of the way! Seem to recall Momma saying "Always wear clean undies-you might be in an accident" Prob a good idea to wear Clean Panties and Bra. Any Girls out there had an "unexpected trip" somewhere while Dressed, and what reactions did you get? Going to a planned appointment is different-I would not be underdressed in that situation. Blessings.. Toni G..

There won't be any reaction in the ER. You won't be their first. They may talk about it in the break room afterward, but not in the sense that they'll care beyond illustrating that it's a wide world out there.

I once (before I was out full-time) had to hobble into the ER on a holiday weekend with a nail completely through my foot. I had nail polish on finger and toe nails. All of the team's focus was on the wound. They don't really care if you're rolled in there on roller skates wearing a squirrel costume -- they're going to care about the medical event that brought you there.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I have been to the ER with panties on, given what I was really worried about the panties were a non event.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

My doctor told me he was sending me for blood work, when I got there the nurse told me that my doctor wanted me do get a respiratory test. I thought no problem the most she will see is my shaved chest, she started sticking and connecting wires on me. Then she lifted my pants and was going to put a sticker just above the ankle, not expecting to find that I was wearing pantyhose she stopped and took a second look and then asked me if I wanted to remove the pantyhose because the sticker might ruin them. I was so shocked and embarrassed that all I could say was, "no you could go ahead" . I don't know how but those results came back normal even though my heart was beating out of my chest.

Banned Read only
    Pretty sure I told this story before but I went into the ER with chest pains once and I still had panties on. Nobody said a word in the ER, but later I was sent down to "nuke med" for some imaging. A little lead up, unknown to me there was a guy in the imaging waiting room wearing a cape because he was going to be "Radioactive Man" after his tests. Anyway after I had been transferred to the table and was waiting for the imaging tech. Another nurse came in and must have been talking to my nurse about the guy in the cape. All I heard the other nurse say was "Did you see the guy in the ..." then I heard my nurse say "See that guy over there? PANTIES!" and they both giggled. If I wasn't so whacked out on Morphine I might have said something.

Yes they are concerned about treating you not what you are wearing. And probs my not the first guy in there wearing lingerie. But if you go in roller skating in a squirl costume that might raise some eyebrows. I will try it and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    There won't be any reaction in the ER. You won't be their first. They may talk about it in the break room afterward, but not in the sense that they'll care beyond illustrating that it's a wide world out there.
    Almost true. I went to the ER with possible heart attack symptoms. I had nail polish on my toes, but I got to keep my socks on. They did some blood tests and sent me to the heart cath lab. I knew that I would have to remove my socks and replace them with hospital stick-bottom socks. While I was waiting for the doctor, my wife went to the cafeteria to get some lunch. While she was in the cafeteria, I "confessed" to the cath nurse, had her get me hospital socks to put on and swore hr to secrecy.

There would have been heck to pay if my wife found out that my toes were painted and that the medical staff knew. As it was, my wife never found out.

I've also had several occasions where a doctor or nurse unexpectedly had me take off my shoes and socks when my nails were painted. But they were professional about it.

But, I don't worry about it, as long as my wife is not there. I've gone to doctor appointments with painted nails when I knew I would have to take off my shoes and socks. Worst thing that happened. The GG doctor told me she liked my nail polish color.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I had chest pains in the summer of 2001 and entered the hospital through the emergency room, eventually requiring a cardiac catheterization followed by a triple bypass and mitral valve implant procedure. I spent nine days in the hospital altogether. I came in wearing panties and polished toenails, plus my usual shaved body, long acrylic fingernails and feminine tattoos. In my whole time there, dealing with dozens of doctors, nurses and technicians, the only comments I heard were a couple of sincere and non-judgmental compliments on my toenail color. It just really wasn't an issue, and everyone I met was friendly, professional and focused on my real health concerns. If there was any discussion in the break room about my appearance, none of it made it back to me, and at most, I'm sure it was just a minor diversion from their serious work for the staff involved.

- Diane

I haven't yet but I always think the what ifs every time I under dress and go out. I actually think I may be more careful driving and walking when I underdress.

Don't know what reactions I might have got, given the "conservative" "senior area" where I live. The nearest ER is across from a LeisureWorld place. Did prob scare the whogeebers out of that lady driver-gave her a quick chew-out! All she hit was my cart. But if had been struck even slightly-would have laid there in the street-Panties or not. $$$ Toni G..

Silver Member
    Pat said, They don't really care if you're rolled in there on roller skates wearing a squirrel costume.

I think that may have happened.

I can attest that ER people see all kinds of things. Yes they may talk about it on break, but most times they talk about kids, spouses, and their bosses.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 12-05-2017 at 02:13 AM. Reason: readability

Because I seriously got the giggles at Pat's description .....

https://m.embroiderydesigns.com/prod.../1/wbe0434_009
    "You are who you are, that's all right with me,
    But I am who I am, that's all I can be."
    -Trace Atkins, "Rough and Ready"
    ===========================================
    Just call me Kaylie

Have been to the ER 3 times with panties on and red toe nails. Not an issue and only comment was from a nurse that liked the toe nail color and wanted to know it's name. Found out that nurses were much friendlier.

I was totally en femme when I was rushed to the ER in an ambulance. I was unconscious during the ambulance ride and through the initial intake. I finally woke up the following evening dressed in a hospital gown. They had a social worker come talk to me. I must’ve said something while I was out that caused to believe that my friends left me at the hospital and abandoned me. Nothing could be further from the truth. Other than that, I thought hospital staff was pretty much professional but on several instances, I did feel like there was a steady stream of curious staffers passing by to see the tranny.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My wife is a nurse- over five years in oncology/med-surge overflow and been working ICU since July. While you are being treated, they will be professional. Honestly, the only ones they talk about are the patients who say and do CRAZY things, like pulling out their own catheters, or WAY worse crazier stuff I can't discuss here. I hear the stories. Believe me, a guy in panties/CD/TG is nothing they get excited about, UNLESS that person makes a scene intentionally.

I have not worn panties intentionally going INTO a hospital, but I had my wife bring some at my last heart cath when it became evident I was spending the night there.
    Life is too short to be boring.

You mean to say if I was not wearing clean undies they wouldn't care.

Gee! My mum has a lot to answer for, "Put on clean undies dear in case you have an accident".

The only accident I ever had was being caught short with no rest room in sight. :-)

I was ten.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.