This is an essay I wrote which will be posted on my blog tomorrow. I thought I'd start the weekend on an uplifting note.

So I've gotten to the stage in my CD life, and my life in general where I know who I am, how I wish to present myself and what I like to do. I have spoken ad nauseum about my volunteer activities and my church. These feed my desire that every time I go out, I wish to get myself in front of as many people as possible. That connection, that opportunity to smile at strangers and get positive feedback, really fuels me. I certainly had no idea where this was all going when I dipped my toes in the pool and got that first makeover in Detroit in January 2015.

Now I am always on the hunt for events, large crowds, activities that get me in front of a flow of people. It just makes me happy and fills me with great pride. Pride in myself. Pride in who and particularly what I am. Proud to kick down one small door after another. Pride in changing one mind, making one person just a bit more comfortable with "my people". Pride in being completely accepted for just being me. Pride in having gotten to know so many wonderful and loving people.

Who am I? I guess I can best describe myself as simply "me". A cop out saying that? Not really, not once you get to know me. I've just found this way of interacting with the world that has allowed me to move about freely and without trepidation. I am certainly not ever taking anything for granted. I still espouse to the 3 Be's (be smart, be appropriate and be confident), being smart the most important for my safety. But I still find it remarkable how I have just gotten so comfortable in my skin, a comfort that did not exist for almost 50 years. It is usually my practice when I get home to take that one more look at myself in the mirror, before I remove anything and simply smile broadly at that wonderful woman I have grown to love........me!

Sometimes I wonder if I have become too self-centered, but I hope that my stories, my ramblings help someone, somewhere. I marvel at the many countries that represent someone that has read my little blog. I know that the organizations I work for value me and my very small contribution. I am beginning to realize that through others, through helping others, loving others, you get much more back in return. Common sense, sure, but I certainly helps to have these experiences personally.

So as you ponder your CD life, know that the world is much more open to you than you can ever imagine. When all is said and done, it is relationships that define us, experiences that shape us, love that makes everything so worthwhile.

Do I pass? Absolutely not! Does it matter? Absolutely not!