Asexuality - : def: "Asexuality is the lack of sexual attraction to others, or low or absent interest in or desire for sexual activity. It may be considered the lack of a sexual orientation, or one of the variations thereof, alongside heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality." That's a direct quote from Wikipedia.org, and is the generally accepted definition of asexuality.

I am bringing this up here to start a separate topic, as it is a point that I raised in response to a previous thread by another poster asking about a possible connection between chastity and crossdressing, but it didn't seem to gain any traction there.

I'm willing to bet that many of us here fall into the "asexual" category, because in reading numerous posts from others here who are in DADT or otherwise unsupportive relationships, it is evident that sexual activity between ourselves and our partners fell by the wayside years ago because they eventually turned their backs on us, given that we ended up not being the manly "real men" they thought that they had originally married. So, "asexual"..."forced chastity"...six of one and half a dozen of the other...terms and concepts ultimately differentiated only by nuances and semantics. Sure, advancing age often plays a role in this lack of sexual intimacy as well, but that is usually more a case of "unable" as opposed to "unwilling" in conventional relationships.

Then there are those of us who likely are (or became) asexual because the "dream girl" that we created for ourselves and embrace on a regular basis is enough to satisfy our libidos. In other words, a "learned" activity or else a coping strategy, if you will. That, of course, is the basis of much of the jealousy and aversion to our crossdressing that many of our partners who would otherwise still be willing to have sex with wrestle with, resulting in endless tensions within our relationships. So, a vicious circle in many cases...

I'd be interested to hear if other Forum members share similar thoughts, or have had similar experiences.