I'm sure this will have happened to others when out and about. That feeling that you're being watched as you walk along. A guy outside smoking gazing at you as you pass by on the other side of the road.

Initially my first reaction was to think I'd been read but when I looked back I began to view things differently.

Out one night, it's dark but not too late, early evening, I'm walking down a residential street. The boots I have on have plastic tips to the heels, one of which is worn so the metal stud is hitting the pavement making that distinctive sound.

There's a guy stood on the front door step smoking and I'm deeply aware that he's watching me. Spidy senses tell me. At the time I'm thinking I've been read but I later came to the conclusion I experienced what GG's experience, an uncomfortable level of attention. A voyeuristic episode bordering on sexual harassment.

It's a fine line between admiration towards an attractive GG and an intrusive prolonged stare.

As I say, I used to think it was me being read but as I've come to realise that as I can do a decent job of blending perhaps my initial interpretation of these situations was wrong. Not read, ogled.

So while I may never feel like a woman, I can experience what a woman feels and in doing so gain ever greater empathy for the lot of women.