Thread: Think this is going to work?

Think this is going to work?

I just opened a new profile on a dating site...this one has no pic attached to it. I put in my first paragraph that I am a crossdresser. I had reservations about this, about it getting out somehow, but I'm sick of dating people and wondering when to tell them...so I decided to put it out there from the beginning, at least online. Has anyone else tried something like this? Any success? Any problems I might have overlooked?
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

I wish I looked Like This markie v's Avatar
    I would love to do this myself, however I am married with children and I am afraid to come out.

I wish you the best of luck!
    Markie V

Finally went to therapy!

Read the link below.
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=95976

my page

i did it a long time ago , and i talk to a lot of gg have even meet one or two , dated one too, but im still looking good luck
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

I haven,t tried it yet. But i am seriously thinking about it, after dating women who i just couldn,t bring myself to tell.
    I keep reaching a point where i ought to tell them about my c/ding, decide to myself it,s a bad idea, and then finish the relationship anyway without ever revealing it.

Imho

well you should put up a picture . why because if some one has no picture then what are you hiding?. men tend to have no picture and wonder why i don't talk with them !!! if your going to open up then go all the way it's that age old honesty thing again .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I did that once, several years ago and got no response. This was a totally covert action as I am happily married, but I thought it might open some opertunities for getting out with an understanding GG to shop or have dinner or whatever???. Anyway, I never got any resonses, but it could have been the web site format..I dunno?

I do think putting the crossdresser issue out front is a good way of saving everyone involved a lot of problems; feeling duped, lied to, I never expected, and such. If you put the issue out and person responds they at least know your desires in this area and you do not have to keep it a secret. Any relationship may, however, balance on the amou8nt of time and extent of effort you expend on your passion. It may as well open some doors due to curiosity that could develope into a nice relationship as you dispell the mystery of cross dressing to an interested GG.

Good Luck,
    Paula

The only concern I would have...

[SIZE="3"]is that if you did meet someone, the cross-dressing part would be the only thing they were interested in. That you would just be a novelty to someone. In other words, I would make sure that your other interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes were also expressed so that you and the other person had more in common that just the CDing.

But all in all, good for you. I'm a firm believer in full disclosure to BFs/GFs & SOs.

Love, Tracy
    [/SIZE]
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I'm thinking of doing the same thing, but I aways stop myself because of my child.

It's too early to say for sure, but I have found somebody on the site who is really interesting. She is open minded to the whole thing, and we have a lot of other things in common. I was actually pleasantly surprised to meet someone like her so quickly, and with the crossdressing out in the open from the beginning, I can just enjoy this with nothing to hide. I can't wait to talk to her some more.
    "Why are you wearing those stupid girls' clothes?"
    "Why are you wearing those stupid mens' clothes?"
    --Adapted from Donnie Darko

I met my SO online through a dating website. He had his female picture posted and clearly noted that he was a crossdresser. I must admit I was intriqued by his confidence and honesty. its been great every since, we have been together 9 months.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ggtracy View Post
    I met my SO online through a dating website. He had his female picture posted and clearly noted that he was a crossdresser. I must admit I was intriqued by his confidence and honesty. its been great every since, we have been together 9 months.

good luck.
    Thank you I rest my case
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I was on Match.com I had a guy pic and profile, but one line on my profile said I look great both ways. I never got any hits from women that wanted me, nor did I hit on women there.

Then I tried Craigslist with teaser pic of my 99 Civic HX. Said in my profile I look great both way and have a great collection of womens clothes and a good job. A woman responded imediately but after a few back n forth emails she was only curious about me. Never went further. Another request from a woman, said she wanted my girl pic, but she had to be with her boyfriend to do anything with me. - I said where are you coming from and you gotta boyfriend, no pic for you! Other responses were spam to join pay sites. Finally, a tranny chaser was cruising M for F ads and saw mine and emailed me. In the end, he wanted me to be one of his sex bitches but no I don't go that way! I brushed him off.

Oh my wife won't let me date. I hope it works fpr you hun.
    Angie

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    Oh my wife won't let me date. I hope it works for you hun.
    Angie
    LOL, funny Angie, I don't think my SO would like the idea either.

I think I would ask for a girl that's open and tolerant, not necessarily just to cd'ing. My fiance is the friendliest and tolerant person I know, and when I told after we started dating she was accepting. Now we are getting married and she's fine with my cd'ing. It's a work i progress for both of us. I'd be afraid of looking for a girl with a "solution" right away, because most likely she won't have it for you. But make sure you tell her soon. Just my 2 cents

Good luck!
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

Living and Enjoying Life Kristen Kelly's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"] I have ended a long-term relationship with my GF told her almost 3 years ago and although accepting in the beginning it ended when she said “I am no longer dating a guy.” We have remained friends and are still doing things together as GFs. So I went and put an ad on 1 of the dating sites. I have gotten 1 reply back so far. I still feel it is better to be honest from the start, I put TS under interests and registered as a woman and a man, time will tell. Here is my description in the ad.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]I am Kristen, a 50 yo from NJ/NYC area, I'm not afraid to show my feminine side, I'm honest, sensitive, fun loving, very active biking, horseback riding, hiking, kayaking. I'm no stranger to the kitchen can whip up a meal for 2 to 20 and be totally comfortable doing it. Looking to make friends and with the possibility of leading to more. I am a diamond with many facets if you can accept this side of me you will truly be able to see the splendor I am.[/SIZE]

http://www.plentyoffish.com/member9272377.htm#in
    [SIZE="3"]Life Begins When You Stop Worrying What Other People Think[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]
    Walk TALL SMILE and be CONFIDENT all will be OK
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]It's Brave to be Different, Be Brave Too, Accept Me for Who I am ![/SIZE]

Good for you for being honest in the first place. I hope you meet some lovely ladies on there
    If we were all the same, there would be no choice.

Am going through it now

On OK CUPID I posted my male pix but am using my femme name (Nikki). I am getting replies and trying to get together with one of the gals in my area. If I was looking to travel a bit I prob would have more responses.
    I have not come out and said that I'm a CD but there are some clues that I am looking for someone special and openminded.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    well you should put up a picture . why because if some one has no picture then what are you hiding?. men tend to have no picture and wonder why i don't talk with them !!! if your going to open up then go all the way it's that age old honesty thing again .
    I agree completely. A picture in your post shows you are being up front right from the beginning. You will get many more responses with a picture but make sure it is a current one.