Thread: Does the #meetoo movement help to encourage transgender acceptance...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Does the #meetoo movement help to encourage transgender acceptance...

...by putting us in a better light?

Seems that nowadays, almost every time one turns on any media source, there is a new accusation/revelation put forth that some prominent (and sometimes not-so-prominent) formerly respected and accomplished male "role model" at his core is nothing more than a testosterone-fueled macho jerk. Anthony Wiener, Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, Bill O'Reilly, Charlie Rose, Bill Cosby, Matt Lauer, Louis C.K., Roy Moore and Al Franken among others are currently in the news, but let's not forget their sex-scandal tainted predecessors such as Bill Clinton, former Italian Premier Sylvio Berlusconi, Woody Allen, and Roman Polanski either. Even beloved JFK.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I can't recall the last time a crossdresser or otherwise transgender person was accused of sexually harassing a GG, sending her a "dick pic", masturbating in front of her or rubbing her inappropriately. On the contrary, we seem to be a rather benign lot by virtue of our "feminine" inclinations when it comes to being sexually aggressive. If anything, WE tend to be the ones being harassed - either by transphobes, or else even by our wives and SO's (especially those of us in unaccepting/DADT relationships), who constantly berate us for having turned out not to be the "real men" they thought they had married). But then again, as the ancient proverb states..."Be careful what you wish for..."

So my question is...given this widespread reprehensible behavior on the part of "normal" males that has tacitly been accepted by society in the past but is now being blown out of the water by women no longer willing to put up with it, can we transgender types now look forward to some sort of validation (and perhaps even overdue respect) for not being that type of jerk, despite our somewhat (ahem!) unusual inclinations regarding clothing choices and the place we occupy on the gender spectrum?
    Last edited by Pat; 12-11-2017 at 01:09 PM. Reason: removed political/apocryphal references.