Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying from GG sales assistants

I prefer women SA's. One thing I've never done was buy shoes from a Dept store shoe salesman because they are usually men! Yeah, you gotta try shoes on and thus be in drag - so hard to do!

Jodi kind of beat me to it. I shop in women's stores and if I ever ran across a male SA, I would have to wonder if .... Therefore, I would not worry about his waiting on me.
    Last edited by SherriePall; 08-23-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I love shopping with female SAs but am extremely uncomfortable around male SAs.
    If you can't wear heels, what's the sense of dressing?......

WOW!!! I'm sorry to hear that. I was thinking of applying to Lane Bryant stores, in the area. They have a policy that you have to wear their clothes, just what I would like. Hmmm!...BJ

I only bought things in stores 2 times Once makeup once a shirt and skirt I think both were GG Dont remeber I was buying becouse I need them and was looking at the floor most of the time

Exept December then I just say Im looking for a gift

so I guess I prefer a monitor

Gurls, Don't be affraid to buy things for yourself. Those stores are there to sell products. So most of them don't care, and the other half want to get you to open a charge account, so they can get the credit for a charge. Even if it doesn't go through...BJ
    ps. I speak from experience.

I would buy for either male or female SA, but I have had better experances with girl SA. The men seam little cold to me while the girls smile, giggel and talk a lot about the cloths and what would look nice on me.

Wendy

Wink

[SIZE="2"]Much easier for me if the sales person is a lady, but that's just me. [/SIZE]

When I went shopping at Payless, They had 2 GG SA's and 1 GM SA. I got asked by the FM SA if I need any help. I told him No Thank You. One of the GG SA's commented on the slingbacks I bought, and the other GG SA rang up the order for me. All three treated me with respect and if any of them clocked me, they did not even raise an eyebrow.

A couple of years ago my girlfriend told me she wanted clothes for xmas and for me to choose and buy them so it would still be a surprise.

She knows I crossdress (and therefore that I take in interest in female clothes...)

This led me to spend almost two months shopping on/off in most highstreet stores and as we are similar in size much of what I bought could also have fitted me. I stopped caring what anyone thought after the first couple of weeks browsing.

It don't matter if I wamt it I geting it man or woman SA line or no line You need to get overit and go SHOPPING hun
    Angie

Blushing June '07 Bride Sheri 4242's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyah View Post
    I prefere GGs but really dont mind guys serving at a till
    Me, too! My preference is for a GG SA, but sometimes that isn't possible. Somebody said something about having a good experience in a woman's shoe department, which led me to think that in most department stores, the majority of SA's in the shoe departments are GM's. That said, I've had a couple of great GG's wait on me in shoe departments and for whatever reason I find them easier to interact with.

Quote Originally Posted by MsPriscilla View Post
    I'm with you, heathr. For me, while I can accept a gg seeing the cd in me, I cannot face the prospect of a man seeing it. Funny, but that is me.
    I guess that sums it up -- for some reason I don't mind if a GG has her suspicions, but do if dealing with a GM, which is stupid b/c they are there to make a sale and get into your wallet. Interestingly, I think any GM SA that I've found working at VS is odds on to be one of us. And, having said that, as accepting as MAC SA's are towards our community, one of two of "the VERY best experiences" I had at a MAC counter was with a GM SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Deidra Cowen View Post
    Believe it or not the only place I really run into a Male Associate is the MAC store at the Perimeter Mall here in Atlanta.
    Ah'hhh - Perimeter Mall! When I lived in your area of our state, it was my absolutely favorite mall!!! It was half the size of what it now is!

There is a MAC counter in a Georgia city that, shall I say, is between you and me, where I received the "other" of my very "best experiences ever" at a MAC counter. The SA was a GG -- and I was looking for something specific to blend with something else. Long story short, she asked what my wife's color tones were and, when she did, I had an unusual surge of courage and told her that while my wife loved MAC cosmetics, that this purchase was for me. Having said that, she said with tremendous enthusiasm, "that's great," and went to work helping me with zeal. She brought some liquid foundation over for me to look at and said she thought it was really my color. Then she asked if I minded if she put some on me to see. I'm thinking a small dab -- maybe a half dollar size at best -- so I say it is fine. Next thing you know she has applied it to my entire face and was ever so happy with herself and her ability to "get it right" for me. I was impressed, too. She was so'ooo cool -- and talented at what she was doing!!!
    [SIZE="4"]Sheri[/SIZE]

GG's I don't mind. Male SA's I steer clear of.
    I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

I like the GG's better. But I have been helped by both GG and GM SA's both while in female and male presentations. The GG's just seem more knowledgeable and more helpful.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

My preference is a GG Sales Associate. For me it's easier to strike up a conversation, chit chat about new fashions, etc. That's just me....
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTalbot View Post
    Now see, another of my prejudices shows in this vein. I ALWAYS select the younger choice. MY theory is they were raised during the Lewinsky mess and on the positive side many examples of any number of alt lifestyles portrayed positively and regularly. At least that's what I tell myself.

I worry there is more to it. Am I picking the cute one, (bad reason) or am I picking the one that doesn't remind me of ~shudder!~ my mother (worse reason)
    The reason I usually don't go for the GGs my age is because if they are cute, I get embarassed. The reason I don't choose guys I guess is because I think they will think I'm less masculine (no idea why I care so much). Now, with older GGs, they generally aren't my type, so I don't have to worry about feelings for them. Plus if they are over a certain age, chances are they have been working in retail all their lives, and may very well be there for a lot longer, and so they know how to handle these things (usually by just being polite but not inquisitive.) Those are my main reasons, anyway.

I suppose since most SA's are GG's I have gotten used to it. Really, most of the time I say, "Thank you, I'm just browsing."

Of course when I can't find what I want, I can't find a SA either!

It'a all mind over matter.....if you don't mind....it don't matter.

Banned Read only
    I used to find this a problem when I was younger,
    but one of the benifits I've found in growing older
    is that I don't get embarrased about anything
    anymore really.
    It's great for family and social gatherings (you may
    note I differentiate between the two), I can make
    a total fool if myself i.e. all singing, all dancing not
    giving a toss. So I'm certainly not going to worry
    about a sales assistants opinion and neither should you.

I used to wait for a short line at the till and look for a friendly cashier, but once you get over the fear it doesn't matter any more. The advantage with a male cashier is that they probably won't make silly comments like "this is nice or this will look good on you"... Otherwise it is all the same.

To help my fear, I've taken the attitude that it just doesn't matter and I'm ready with a canned answer to any comment, "ah, that's very funny" just to keep the ones that have it all figured out still wondering.

Doesn't matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma England View Post
    The only sales assistants that I have seen have all been female.

I think it is unheard of for a guy to work in retail (unless they are in a warehouse section).
    what part of england do you live in ?????

I work for a large retail supermarket in England and i work on the checkouts, and i have served many many men purchasing all sorts of lingerie os the like....i never bat an eyelid.....some men do make comments like....'dont worry theyre not for me'.....and i just smile and say something like...'size ten wouldnt fit you darling!' It usually creates a giggle....i dont think it should be taken too seriously...there are hundreds of reasons why men buy certain items of clothing.....and us female cashiers certainly dont have the time or the inclination to sit and ponder over them.....

em
    x
    [SIZE="4"]The pleasure you get from life is equal to the attitude you put into it.[/SIZE]

I certainly have no problem with sales associates what ever gender. All I look for is a pleasant, knowledgeable person willing to spend the time that I require.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

soulmate of Mrs.M...GG Victoria Anne's Avatar
    It really does not matter though since I have decided that I will no longer be ashamed of who I am I cant wait for that question were I can respond its for me !

On the road of discovery ... learning to be the woman I have always been.

Http://photobucket.com/viccy

Quote Originally Posted by Cheery GG View Post
    what part of england do you live in ?????

I work for a large retail supermarket in England and i work on the checkouts, and i have served many many men purchasing all sorts of lingerie os the like....i never bat an eyelid.....some men do make comments like....'dont worry theyre not for me'.....and i just smile and say something like...'size ten wouldnt fit you darling!' It usually creates a giggle....i dont think it should be taken too seriously...there are hundreds of reasons why men buy certain items of clothing.....and us female cashiers certainly dont have the time or the inclination to sit and ponder over them.....

em
    x
    I live in Devon.

There are only two reasons why men buy for themselves - either for themselves or for someone else.

I suppose the only things that a man would fit a size ten would be shoes!