Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If CDing was 100% Socially acceptable would you

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Don't know how I missed this one. Is it some kind of trick question or something? Well, yeah. Duh, pretty much.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

AKA Elizabeth, Latin Girl
    I would interchange my male and female clothes. I love dressing to go to work, but sometimes it's just to much work. Therefore, it will be 50/50 for me. I like being a guy.

I would probably like to dress in just a nice skirt with panties, pantyhose, a girdle and half slip underneath and medium high heels to complete the ensemble.

If this were the case, I imagine I'd be dressed about 50% of the time, maybe more. I doubt I'd do anything full time, though. After all, even though I identify strongly with my femme persona, it is still only an illusion, while my male image is not. I've never been one to dwell on pretenses. And there are times when putting on all the acoutrements gets to be a bit of a hassle. I enjoy having boobies, for instance, but really, they're fake, and I don't have to have them on to function. It takes me nearly an hour to get all dolled up. It takes me half that time or less to get ready in guy-mode. Some things just aren't worth all the extra effort.

Ha! And lots of us wonder why girls don't bother with all the fluffy stuff more often!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I would not dress during work, since I work mainly in the automotive and construction fields. But I would dress during most of my non-work hours.

Stephanie Michelle

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Absolutely!

I would live as a woman 101% of my time

What a dream!
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

Well my good friend Bev I would have to say I would dress about 85% of the time I like my male mode but I know my female side would come out a lot more if I could go out as Heather Marie without having the stigma of CD'ing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    If it was truly socially acceptable and I didn't even have any issues at work, I'd be full time, no question about it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I would probably be dressed femme about 75% of the time, but there are times when i'm still more than happy to be dressed in my old jeans, t'shirt and a pair of trainers

Aspiring Member
    Hi Bev,
    You look so cute with that hairstyle. I would dress like a woman most of the time. But sometimes women wear sweats with no makeup. You get to do that because you were liberated from the female clothing rules years ago. And good for you. It should be that way for us as well. It may not happen in my lifetime though. I would wear some makeup every day if I was free. Let my people go! Leanne

I would dress 100 % of the time. No doubt in my mind at all.

I wouldn't dress full time. It would just be another clothing option, like whether to wear jeans or shorts, a suit or a t-shirt. I'd wear femme clothes if that was my mood. It would be nice to have that as an open option.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG
    For some of you Dressing is something you do occassionally for others maybe more full time. How many of you would actually dress full time and present as a woman if there were no social taboos and it was considered a normal alternative life style by everyone including your family and work colleagues.
    [SIZE="2"]I would, definitely! How do I get to that parallel universe?[/SIZE]

I don't think I would do it full time, especially since my job is hard on clothes, but it would be over 50% of the time. It is hot here in Arizona in the summer. I wear shorts almost year round, but I would love to be able to wear skirts and dresses while out and about, feeling the breeze. From just around the house, I feel it's so much more comfortable. And I think having a man's head and hairy body in a dress looks funny, I would femme it up with makeup, a wig and hairless body to look better.

BriannaD formerly Alyssa
    No doubt about it, I would present as a woman 100% of the time..
    No Woman wants to date a guy who owns cuter heels than her! Brianna

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    I suppose I would dress more exotically at first, and then things would flow into functional needs. I would definitely wear heels, skirts and dresses out... and blouses with flower patterns. Sounds like a fun world.
    Love will find its own way through.

I surly would 100% of the time, all day every day! i hate physical labor and dirty work. not lazy just not strong enough to do a lot of it. Dirty work is not for me!

Yep, I would, and would have my ears perieced today. no doubt about it. I would be in debt though because I would have to go on a shopping spreee.

100% of the time for me.

Live it! Love it! BeckyAnderson's Avatar
    Hi Bev....I would probably dress more but wouldn't dress full time. I enjoy both sides of my life. Becky

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Yes, but how much?

I just don't know. I'd love to dress much more than I do now, but shaving my face close enough for makeup every day would be a problem, so I'd have to work in some rest days for the skin to recover. There are things I do that would work out better in boy mode than in girl clothes, so that would take some time out of the mix. Finally, as several others have said, if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right and if I don't have the time to prepare, I'm not doing it.
    I think we are looking at between 40% and 60% of the time, but that is just a guess.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev06 GG View Post
    For some of you Dressing is something you do occassionally for others maybe more full time. How many of you would actually dress full time and present as a woman if there were no social taboos and it was considered a normal alternative life style by everyone including your family and work colleagues.
    Bev
    I would love to dress as a woman, and sometimes act as a woman around my peers. Maria is definately a part of me, and part of my persona, even when in male dress. If only social taboos were not so strict...<sigh>

CDing

Hi Bev-I borrowed your thread and used transitioning instead of CDing. Hope you don't mind. Such blatant plagiarism!!!

I wouldn't change a thing. I never dress like real women anyway.

It would be 100% for me. Even if I was mowing the lawn I still wear a cap sleeve shirt, bra, panties, socks and old tennis shoes. Oh yeah, I shouldn't forget a pink cap.