Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newspaper Ads

Talking Newspaper Ads

Just finished reading the Sunday Paper. As I was sitting here reading, it got me to thinking. (I know that sometimes is scary when I think LOL). Anyway How many of you look at the ads for clothes and look at the Womens Sections of Clothes more then the mens and think that would be cute on me. I have recently noticed that I do this more and more.
    Amanda

God, I never look at the men's clothing, how boring!

Worst part is I cut the stupid add out and watch the article's price to see if it comes on sale. Very rarely do I bother with men's adds cos the clothes are so boring.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    All the time! Newspapers, magazines, brochures that come in the mail (just got a Dress Barn one in the mail) Are you kidding, me, I never look at the mens' section!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I never look at the men's clothes either. What would be the point?

The only thing I still buy in men's is heavy winter gloves, and that only because the women's heavy winter gloves are too small for me. (Going without heavy winter gloves is not an option where I live!)

I always look at the shoes, cloths and Paties & bras. Never look at the mans cloths- oh so boring.

Its a major part of my Sunday morning routine. Funnies first, then sports page, (go Red Sox), then the womens ads, finally the NY Times and LA Times crossword puzzles.
    Dance like no one is watching
    Sing like you're in the shower
    Work like you don't have to

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    All the time! Newspapers, magazines, brochures that come in the mail (just got a Dress Barn one in the mail) Are you kidding, me, I never look at the mens' section!

I look at all the ads for makeup,womens clothing, womens trends, mens is just to boring

Roxann

I'm with everyone else, here. How many ways can you display a man's shirt? They're all alike. Boring!
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie48 View Post
    My opinion as well!!! I use these pics to help better understand how to put "outfits" together and how to accerorize! I don't think men put outfits together like ladies do. I still have much more to learn about layering. It amazes me how women layer even in the summer! I think the lack of layering is a dead giveaway. I also chuckle at the descriptions that mention "women's bras", a pair of platform heels "women's shoes"...

What, they advertise mens clothes too, in those papers? Why?
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I agree with everything that my sisters have said above. I also do this when out with my wife commenting on what other women are wearing our asking her how she thinks I would look in the outfit some other women is wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie48 View Post
    Me either. Only time I would shop for men's clothes is if something wore out and needed replacement, not that that happens often as most of what I wear daily (except work uniforms) are women's clothes. I'm always looking at ads for something pretty though.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm with ya'll on this one. I barely see the men's clothes. I love looking at the women's clothes. I buy men's clothes out of necessity. I buy women's clothes for enjoyment.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

I'm the same as everyone else. I'll spend time perusing the womens clothes then go to the cosmetics section to see what's on sale. This time of year is the best because all the fall apparel is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    What, they advertise mens clothes too, in those papers? Why?
    Tina B.
    [SIZE="4"]Oh, Tina....I didn't know either!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

every Sunday morning when I bring the paper in I look at Kohls and Penneys. Then when my SO and I eat breakfast she shows me the ads again. I look and if there's anything that looks interesting we might plan a shopping trip.

Every day, not just Sundays.

I always go through the women's section first, and seldom look at the men's section. I like some men's clothing, but the stuff I like is all soooo expensive.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim_Bitzflick View Post
    I'm with ya'll on this one. I barely see the men's clothes. I love looking at the women's clothes. I buy men's clothes out of necessity. I buy women's clothes for enjoyment.
    Kim. Thanks for writing my exact thoughts, I can spend the extra time shopping. Jane

Hmmmm....they advertise men's clothes in the newspaper?

Aspiring Member
    I rarely look at the newspaper ads. I like the hunt in the stores to find that perfect something which is never male anything unless it is a have too.

Kitty

They still make newspapers???? Some times I buy Cosmo and read the articles (especially the ones about sex!) I like looking at the ads too but If I want to look at clothes I just pick up one of the MILLION clothing catalogs that I receive unsolicited. I gave away the last of my boy clothes so I'm definitely not in the market for more!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    If I want to by clothes for my male presentation, I either open the website I'm going to buy from and then just do it, or I walk into a store with a particular issue in mind, and just do it. Ok...there is an exception: more and more there have been incredible sales in the men's sections, so I just walk in and buy the incredible sales. Last time I needed shirts...got 7 terrific shirts of various kinds for $84. Normal total price would have been $300.

For Tina, not an ad can pass by without looking at it! When it's a place that's online, I put anything I like into my favorites in that store's online portal and then wait for the price to go down into my range

It's just very different in the two genders!