Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worried about your height?

Aspiring Member

Smile Worried about your height?

Saturday I was out at Bar Sinister (goth club in Hollywood, there were about 40 TGs there for a scheduled invasion) and was in line for the rest room with my gg-gf when the 5'6" girl in front of her said to me "I wish I had your height."

I'm 6'1" and was in 4" heels.

Don't know if I had passed and she said that to me girl-to-girl or was just being nice, but it sure did stick with me.

So keep your chin up, shoulders back, and be proud. Someone out there is envious!
    Last edited by Mikaela; 10-17-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    —Mikaela

Interesting. I was at a GLBT friendly bar last Friday night. I was the only CD and clearly the tallest person in the place at 6'2" plus 3 1/2 heels. (I would have been the tallest person there even if I was wearing flats...but I digress) When I was in the ladies room, one of the GGs complimented me on the definition of my calves and a little while later another GG came up and asked me where I got my heels. She was a size 11 womens, I'm size 13.

Nobody questioned why I wearing heels at my height...and a GG even asked me to dance.

I am 6'1" and in 4" heels I am quite tall. However, keep in mind that there are tall women out there. I have many female cousins about the same height. This past weekend, My wife and I visited a friend and we went out and played some soccer (You can be girly and active at the same time, helps keep you fit and thinner which is more femme than a fat stomach) with a couple friends of his. This one girl I have never met before was there. My wife commented on how long her legs were and that she was almost as tall as I. She was very pretty and I'm sure has no problems getting men.

It is all about how you present yourself. You can be tall and wear heels. It does make you stand out a bit more, so make sure you have your A game on when out in public. I have been the tallest in the room before while dressed. I was noticed in a good way by many people that night. If you look good, you just look good.

Be tall and proud of it...

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Interesting. I was at a GLBT friendly bar last Friday night. I was the only CD and clearly the tallest person in the place at 6'2" plus 3 1/2 heels. (I would have been the tallest person there even if I was wearing flats...but I digress) When I was in the ladies room, one of the GGs complimented me on the definition of my calves and a little while later another GG came up and asked me where I got my heels. She was a size 11 womens, I'm size 13.

Nobody questioned why I wearing heels at my height...and a GG even asked me to dance.
    I have seen plenty of natural women who are fairly tall (6 foot or more) who still wear heels. I think it really draws attention to the legs, which I know for most of us would be one of our best features. I don't think height is enough to give you away even if you are fairly tall (unless you are like NBA type tall and wearing heels). I have wondered if wearing flats while being tall might be more of a give away since people may unthinkingly accredit more of your height to heels than they should but would notice there is nothing giving you that extra height right away with flats.

Not long ago, I was at a restaraunt standing a few paces behind a woman who was certainly as tall as me, and wearing heels. She was quite fit, but not skinny, and carried herself with great self assurance. I was desparate to ask her where she got her outfit

Quote Originally Posted by xristy View Post
    It is all about how you present yourself. You can be tall and wear heels. Be tall and proud of it...
    I always wanted to be taller, at 5' 5.5" (need the half) I'm a bit of a short *ss.

I was looking at and photo (100 meters long) this morning. The project was done in Berlin '07. Check it out.

I think when practicing 'the walk' it's more about being aware where the elbows are. Boys tend to push them out while girls bring them in. If you turn your elbows out towards the direction you are walking and then twist your wrists back in towards your side you get the happening correctly.. lol There is a great example of this on the image towards the end on the right side (slider at bottom)

image LINK

At sixfootsix, without shoes, i hit doorjams often,and lamps. I candress up, and look verynice, but still have trouble with being six foot ten in heels. I am paranoid,and self conscious, but not all the time.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Vanessa* View Post
    I always wanted to be taller, at 5' 5.5" (need the half) I'm a bit of a short *ss.

I was looking at and photo (100 meters long) this morning. The project was done in Berlin '07. Check it out.

I think when practicing 'the walk' it's more about being aware where the elbows are. Boys tend to push them out while girls bring them in. If you turn your elbows out towards the direction you are walking and then twist your wrists back in towards your side you get the happening correctly.. lol There is a great example of this on the image towards the end on the right side (slider at bottom)
    Just don't walk around with your wrists turned out, baring your forearms forward. I know someone who does that (TS) and it makes her seem more like a weird effeminate gay boy instead.

And I see most women wear flats regardless of height, most of the time. I don't think wearing flats would be a tell.
    —Mikaela

Great thread here; I'm 6' 3" and wear 3" heels. I simply love being tall and I'm " Rubenesque";it all works for me,except it's a bit of a pain to find clothes for us tall babes.
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

I'm lucky at 5 13 i can wear 3 and 4 in heels and not be to obvious just kidding. I'm 6 1 and wear various heel heights and feel great doing it

Grass is greener syndrome.

I made the mistake of telling one of my very tall female co-workers (who is about 6 foot) "my kingdom to be tall!" Only to be told "no, you really don't want to be tall." I'm 5'1 and have to jump on tip toes to reach most things. So there's me wishing I was taller, and I'd imagine she was wishing she was shorter. When in reality we should all be rocking our exact height and not worry at all.

I never understand why people worry about being tall and wearing heels. If your tall anyway, why worry about a few more inches if you can find a pair of shoes you really adore and look good in.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

I'm 5'5" and love being small, but I see a lot of gorgeous women who are quite tall so try and not worry about it

5'7" here wish I was a bit taller, Im so envious of those tall girl legs!
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    Grass is greener syndrome.

I made the mistake of telling one of my very tall female co-workers (who is about 6 foot) "my kingdom to be tall!" Only to be told "no, you really don't want to be tall." I'm 5'1 and have to jump on tip toes to reach most things. So there's me wishing I was taller, and I'd imagine she was wishing she was shorter. When in reality we should all be rocking our exact height and not worry at all.

I never understand why people worry about being tall and wearing heels. If your tall anyway, why worry about a few more inches if you can find a pair of shoes you really adore and look good in.
    I'm actually OK with my height. If I was wishing to change impossible things in the 'size' department, it would be my feet. Being a 12.5 womens makes it hard to find nice shoes that aren't crap or fetish quality, that don't squish my feets or have my heel slipping out.
    —Mikaela

5'7 and can squeeze into a womans size 8 shoe. I read an article on how certain yoga poses help increase height a bit
    the boy became the girl>>>> frances

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frax24 View Post
    5'7 and can squeeze into a womans size 8 shoe. I read an article on how certain yoga poses help increase height a bit
    I would assume it has to do with spine compression, but eventually gravity takes its toll in a couple hours. You're taller in the morning than before bed, and astronauts are taller in space, too.
    —Mikaela

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaela View Post
    I'm actually OK with my height. If I was wishing to change impossible things in the 'size' department, it would be my feet. Being a 12.5 womens makes it hard to find nice shoes that aren't crap or fetish quality, that don't squish my feets or have my heel slipping out.
    That's cool. Self confidence in my own apperence is something I'm finally getting now and I've come to terms pretty well with being short.

My boyfriend has the same problem. I can sympathise. I know it's not quite the same but I almost the opposite problem, I have very very small feet (size 3 or 4!), but quite wide calves so I can never find boots that I can do up. I wanna wear knee high boots too! It isn't all bad though, I can buy from kids ranges and they are usually a little cheaper.

I hope you one day find that source of awesome shoes.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

Aspiring Member
    My g/f wears a 5/5.5, so I am well aware how being on the extremes is a pain in the butt, she's had to buy kids shoes before too! And I think she's 5'2".

Now if only I had that actual self confidence!
    —Mikaela

Platinum Member Read only
    When I am at the local malls I always take notice of tall GG's. I check out their faces. I think a woman six foot plus can be very attractive. The only problem for me at six foot is not wanting to attract attention. There's more to a tall woman than just height. I think 99% of tall guys will never pass under scrutiny of others. I think a cross dresser at 5 foot six plus heels will have a greater chance to go unnoticed. If I went en femme to a club where a cross dresser or GLBT's were the norm, then you are in a safe environment. I've been on a quest to drop to my weight of forty years ago- 175. Maybe at six foot and 175, I'll stand a chance. At 200 pounds- never pass. However, if I were a GG, I'd love being at least five foot ten.

I am very self conscious of my height. Although true there may be some tall GGs out there, there are very few that are over six feet tall. I stick out in a crowd as I guy, so I can only imagine how I would stick out en femme. There would be no possibility of blending in. One can do wonders with makeup, but unfortunately makeup cannot conceal height . . . .

I'm 6'2" and find that I usually like to wear flats when I go out. Every once in a while I will encounter a 6'+ GG and it's funny to watch her eyes dart down to my feet. Of course, mine are doing the same! At that point we usually exchange the knowing smile of the Tall Club and move along.

I find heels fun, but not really conducive to blending. If I'm going to the right place I can wear them, but I tend to be selective.

Yes, I know some folks say "Own the look!" but I'm already having plenty of fun owing my 6'2" look in flats!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I'm just a short 5ft6in and I'm not jealous OF YOU TALL GIRLS! Although I do think that there's nothing more sexy then a tall girl in heels! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Anne, its not all that bad - we're about the same height - and yes, we can stand out a bit by virtue of the fact that we're taller than average. Your pretty, have great looking hair and great fashion sense. People may notice your height, but they'll notice these things as well!

Height (6'1")...heels...up I go! That's one part I can't change along with my hands. It's the OTHER things that I hope will let me blend in..."look at that 6'3" wallflower over there." lol

I lost the link, but a while back I had a list of all the famous and mostly beautiful women who were five foot eight inches or taller. Some of the prominent names I remember are Lucy Lawless, Nicole Kidman, Sean Young, Sigourney Weaver and Darryl Hannah. The list was quite long.