Thread: Being femme in male mode

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What has being in yous sixties have to do with how fem you dress?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

The point is that we get smarter as we age, though we also forget a lot too. We realize that what we are doing now could have been done years earlier, or, now we can do it and don't have to worry about work, etc. Age has a lot to do with it! Unfortunately, not all, even at that age, can do it.

Joan, It certainly sounds like you are enjoying life the way you should. I think it is absolutely wonderful!
    Crissy

Silver Member
    Joan, you are totally feminine when out. Why carry a unisex purse? Buy a small WOMAN"S purse, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    What has being in yous sixties have to do with how fem you dress?
    I think for me it means I have a lot less eff's to give, as YOLO.

Plus, as I'm retired, my employment is not an issue (although I worked for a fairly progressive company).

I've always done it to one extent or another. It's not unique to my 60's. Through the years the specific things have varied a lot, but I've always felt I needed "something". Maybe it's a symbol, maybe it just makes me feel good. I really don't know. When I'm not at work I carry a purse. I got into purses when I was gifted one by a girlfriend. She gave it to me intending for me to carry it in male mode, so I did... hesitantly at first. She likes purses like a lot of women like shoes, and I kind of followed suite. I pretty quickly became a shared interest. I carry a purse about 80% of the time I'm not at work. It doesn't take any "getting ready" time or preparation. It's a small statement or symbol, but it's become an important thing for me. I'm not much of a rebel anymore but it's still kinda cool when I get one of "those" looks or comments. I don't and wouldn't carry a man bag. It just doesn't do it for me unless it's a "nice" purse, and I don't want to carry anything that could be mistaken for a man bag or satchel.

If you look at the designer menswear collections a lot of them include purses (as well as skirts and dresses). I'm surprised more men don't carry them. Even from just the practicality of it besides the fashion statement, it doesn't take long to develop quite an affinity for purses.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHiddenMe View Post
    I think for me it means I have a lot less eff's to give, as YOLO.

Plus, as I'm retired, my employment is not an issue.
    That's what I mean. Not so much need to hold back, so why do it less?
    When haters hate, I celebrate!

I'm not passable so have accepted being a male who enjoys being feminine. Love wearing cute women's pants and tops with padded panties and bra underneath, without makeup or wig. I don't try to hide I'm a male. I get lots of double looks and it no longer makes me anxious. I actually enjoy it and the rare times someone says something, I smile and own it...saying how much more enjoyable dressing femme is compared to boring male clothes.

Banned Read only
    Patience,
    I'm 69 I don't feel old but age does begin to put a different angle on the situation , of course it all depends if you're still in the closet or out in the RW .

Joan,
    I''l never give up in being femme , I've built my identity now the guy doesn't fit in with that , I'm comfortable with it and so are everyone else . Naturally I use a handbag all the time , I'd be totally lost without one .