Thread: Got my first "The Look"

Got my first "The Look"

As usual I went to the gym Saturday morning for my daily workout. On weekends I rweturn about an hour later to use the massage chair and spend some time on their "electric beach" ( I call it "shake and bake" )
    I was wearing my white thong type sandals, a pair of plaid shorts done in a light purple and lavendar pattern, a lilac colored polo shirt, and my hair in it's usual pony tail.
    After I left I stopped into the local Donut Shop (D.D.) for an iced coffee. Got out of my car, grabbed my purse and went in.
    There were two older ladies standing by their cars having a last minute chat before heading their seperate ways. ( Nice New England biddies, straight laced and iron spined)
    As I was walking in I looked at the front window and could see their reflection, Both of them had stopped talking and I believe their eyes were popping out, kinda like a cartoon.
    My CPR card isn't up to date so I didn't turn around and wish them a nice day. Just kept walking not missing a step, and smiling to myself.
    I think I affected their values a bit. Probably the only cardio exercise they got all day.
    Used this as a bolster to my own confidence. I know I'm gonna get "THE LOOK" sometimes, just have to deal with each situation as it happens.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

LOL It's OK my friend, most of us are gonna get that look from time to time. The best way to deal with it is exactly the way you did - try and take some amusement from it and don't get upset about it.

Phyllis, Having been on the receiving end of "the look" more than once I love nothing more than to just return it with a smile. As for doing CPR; IME it's like falling off a bike, you never forget how.

-Pam-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

i've gotten the look so many times i don't even notice anymore

I just accept that its going to happen. I just figure there looking at my legs. At 6'5" I just sing the ZZ Top song
    "She got legs she knows how to use them"

Phyliss, if you drink iced coffee before midday on a Saturday you have to expect 'looks'.

Darlene
    Take big bites of life, you only live once!

They were just jealous of you

Lolwrotf. Phyliss I wish I could have been there to see that. There was a photo op if there was ever one. giggles Next time you need to turn around and ask them if there was anything you could help them with. lol Is there laws against involuntary sarcastic man slaughter, because when the judge asks what happened and you give your answer why their hearts stopped he is going to be laughing his *** off too. Sorry Phyliss but that is funny.

Huggs Teri

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    LOL It's OK my friend,.. try and take some amusement from it and don't get upset about it.
    Didn't get "upset" at all, thought it was sorta funny
    Quote Originally Posted by dragdoll View Post
    i've gotten the look so many times i don't even notice anymore
    Well, it was my first time, I guess I'll get acustomed to it. Probably have been getting morew than I realize. This just happened to be the first time I noticed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wendy360 View Post
    I just accept that its going to happen. I just figure there looking at my legs. At 6'5" I just sing the ZZ Top song
    "She got legs she knows how to use them"
    Wish I could sing, if I had I've have been taken in for causing a painful disturbance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlene Dippy View Post
    Phyliss, if you drink iced coffee before midday on a Saturday you have to expect 'looks'.

Darlene
    Here in "the colonies" it's a normal thing
    Quote Originally Posted by sherri52 View Post
    They were just jealous of you
    As ancient as they seemed to be, I believe I agree with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri Jean View Post
    Lolwrotf. Phyliss I wish I could have been there to see that. There was a photo op if there was ever one. giggles Next time you need to turn around and ask them if there was anything you could help them with. lol Is there laws against involuntary sarcastic man slaughter, because when the judge asks what happened and you give your answer why their hearts stopped he is going to be laughing his *** off too. Sorry Phyliss but that is funny.

Huggs Teri
    That thought did cross my mind. Standing there explaining to the paramedic why they suddenly dropped dead.
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

If in that situation it would be great fun to respond to the ladies with something funny like, 'oh, do I have a run in my stocking?'

Smile The look...

A few years back I went into an Asian run nail spa in New England that I had been going to. Not even thinking about it, I sat down and Ungartered my stockings,unbuckled my shoes,and slid off my stockings and stuffed them in the outer pocket of my purse. Then I looked up..And a couple of straight laced old biddies had been taking it all in.Had to chuckle as I spent the next 45 minutes side by side with them. Made their day and they had a lot to tell their friends for sure.. That is why I really enjoy going everywhere I want..who cares what others are thinking!

Sounds like a Kodak moment. I'll bet you looked better then them.
    Angie

next time say " if you want something to tell your friends later come and Join me for a coiffe, great storys you'll have for weeks" then walk in and see if they come in. LOL. When I am out dressed I will stop and talk to anyone and as Roberta M has said " I have them eating out of the palm of my hand". I live to make peoples day better that way. Ta ta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

i used to actually get off on it, to be honest. i definitely remember deliberately going to certain places for shock value.

Got my first The look

One morning last week i was in a doctors surgery, i was as usual reading a
    womens magazine i was looking at some dresses and a young lady sitting next to me remarked about them and why i was so interested in them.
    I explained that i was a crossdresser and she was very interested in
    knowing about it. Ithink i told her my life story in 10minutes.
    She mentioned her young son liked to wear his sisters dresses, i told her
    not to discourage him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sally2005 View Post
    If in that situation it would be great fun to respond to the ladies with something funny like, 'oh, do I have a run in my stocking?'
    yeah I like it!
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

My first time was at my place.. If was dressed up and didnt realise my GF was at the front door. And being me i keep forgetting to lock it haha. So she walked in and went to the kitchen where i was cooking and she saw everything lol. At first she was shocked but funny thing is she loved it. She said she was Bi and into crossdressers, so now she has givin me like a full closet heels the lot! she is great, love her and is also good to have a female help ya with matchin and make-up

Good for you Phyllis, You gave those to old biddies something to talk about for the day.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"