Thread: Being involved in an Accident whilst dressed

Being involved in an Accident whilst dressed

I was out with my Partner, sitting out side a pub having a drink, when a lady passer by, slipped and fell (she was shaken but ok) this got us to talking about me having an accident whilst dressed (I was dressed at the time). After comming up with various possibilities (like my Partner insisting on undressing me) I said, that she would just have to say I was a crossdresser. This got me to thinking, how would other CD'ers cope with such a situation?
    I would be most interested to see if there was a less embrassing, (at least for my Partner) way to explain?

Thank you,
    Lesley Ann.

My wife and I have discussed this and my answer is, when someone needs assistance I don't stop to interview them to find out what they are or frankly would I care. I believe that is true of most people.

The important thing is to get help and crossdressing won't interfere with that.

I'm having a heart attack Martha, quick, the handy wipes and get my bra off!

Emergency workers do not care. It is their job to assist people, not just "normal" people, but all people. Color, race, ethnicity, sexual preference or clothing preference do not matter. If you are hurt all you need say is "help". If it is something that requires them to know you are male, such as severe medical issue, just simply state, I am a male. Who cares if you get a funny look from the technician, at least they will be saving your life!
    Also on an episode of "COPS", a man would not stop for police and so was involved with eluding and evading, all because he was dressed. He called dispatch and the lady on the phone told him "Sir, we do not care that you are wearing a dress, please just pull over and stop for the officers". He replied, "well at least let me get my makeup off first". Her response again was "Sir, we do not care that you are wearing makeup or in a dress, we see this all the time, please just pull over and stop for the officers". He had a blown tail light. $45 ticket, only $9.00 if he got it fixed in 10 days. Instead he go to go to jail in a dress with smeared makeup and charged with Eluding and Evading, resisting an officer, and so on.
    Be smart, just admit you are a male when you need help and all will be fine.
    Last edited by splitlife; 01-06-2010 at 07:43 AM.
    -Valerie

Must admit that this has crossed my mind recently with all the bad weather we have in the UIK at the moment. I am not brave enough to go out fully en femme, but do like to wear bras and panties under drab. How would I copde? I really don't know. But if it happens, as long as I am OK, what the hell. The helpers may or may not understand..........but I am being myself.

Hi.
    I had thought about it . from if you like being dressed . before my change over for me as my mum would say so long as you have clean knickers on its okay . mind you it may not really matter then .
    i thought so what i m still a person wether dressed male or female so what . now. so what i m a woman . it s how you see your self & how you accept your self .
    Any way who really care s you are there to help . if some one is hurt . is it now that s a guy . oh dear i cant help . or oh she s a woman . oh d,,,,
    no its look past that clothes thing . & do your job or what ever is needed . or if your down . & will they say oh ummm..... you go in to over drive or they will . & do whats needed .
    I had to help people . i did not even see what they were wearing .
    nothing needs to be said . oh this is my s o hes a ,,,,,,no he s a person . or shes a person .

Dont get hung up on name tags , they would be to busy getting you or your s o. sorted . to even know any way . & it s so what .
    This applys to the gay s . as well . oh the stigmas is that still not a person .
    We keep putting things in the way of how we see things . when others dont care .
    If i can help then i will . if i need help then i ll get it .
    & i spos being in a different county may have a bearing in how we see others .

...noeleena...

It is more likely that a stranger will be helping if you get stuck somewhere.

It wouldn't bother me what strangers think - it is the family that is the problem.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Morgan View Post
    I'm having a heart attack Martha, quick, the handy wipes and get my bra off!
    Oh great hahah what a smart ass!

Nowe for me, I guess being more of a tranny than CD, I would care less. Hopefully if this DOES happen to me, it will be on a week that I changed my underwear.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Ann View Post
    I was out with my Partner, sitting out side a pub having a drink, when a lady passer by, slipped and fell (she was shaken but ok) this got us to talking about me having an accident whilst dressed (I was dressed at the time). After comming up with various possibilities (like my Partner insisting on undressing me) I said, that she would just have to say I was a crossdresser. This got me to thinking, how would other CD'ers cope with such a situation?
    I would be most interested to see if there was a less embrassing, (at least for my Partner) way to explain?

Thank you,
    Lesley Ann.
    I work for the Health service here in Britain in A&E, ER, ED or whatever they want to call these days (to me its still A&E) most nurses, doctors, paramedics & med techs would simply take in thier stride.

Ok there maybe the odd joke or in the staff room, but there is alot of dark humour in the A&E dept. it goes with jobs.

After watching someone puke half thier insides up and die on the resus table, having a tranny with a strain ankle comes as light relief.

99% of A&E staff are very professional about these things and the 1% who are not dont last long in the dept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

I have to agree with Rachael. I've just finished nursing school and while there have been stories told about finding men in the ER wearing womens under garments they were told in the context of ignoring it and doing what is necessary to take care of the patient.

Most of the ER nurses I know have seen it all. If you were having a heart attack in the ER and they had to cut a bra and panites off you they might only barely notice in passing. If you came in for a sprained ankle they might giggle a little in private but in reality they wouldn't care one way or another.

Ah-hah... my worst nightmare.

Im actually a Staff Nurse at our local hospital.
    I work in Accident and Emergency.
    If I ever broke my ankle in heels or whatever, I would have to change my clothes with the broken ankle there.
    My coleagues are VERY tollerant of CD/TVs, god knows we've had a few over the years. But if I ever were admitted, I dont think I'd ever live it down.
    I'd rather suffer the pain for 30 mins while I cleaned up and changed my clothes then foned for the ambulance.

This is a big reason I will NEVER drive when dressed, even at night.
    Samantha -x-

My destiny is before me Brandi Wyne's Avatar
    So, what is it with you Brits and accidents? Most of the posts have been from UK girls. I guess here in USA one can expect about any kind of reaction because of so many different views in various parts of the country. Let's just say I'd rather be in a big city ER as opposed to some local clinic in a hick town. But, you deal with the occasion as it arises, I guess.

On the other side of things, how many of you girls would attend to the needs of someone in an accident while being dressed?
    [SIZE="3"]Brandi[/SIZE]
    Love life and find happiness where you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeycd View Post
    On the other side of things, how many of you girls would attend to the needs of someone in an accident while being dressed?
    I would, but then I never go out dressed.
    But if youre saving a persons life, and they give you the old
    "****-off, tranny!" then they (IMO) deserved to have the accident.

My point is, most people are greatful of any help.
    Period.
    Samantha -x-

I am a member of the local volunteer fire and rescue department for more than 40 years. EMS personel don't care what you are wearing, or why you are wearing it.
    Last Halloween, I responded to a call (was en-femme at our Halloween Party) with the ambulance for an auto accident. The only comment I got was from the ER nurse, who said, "I love the dress."
    By the way, I have no recollection, of what the people in the car were wearing.

I personally know two females who wear boxers and one that wears men's briefs under their daily clothes (They are not to the best of my knowledge TS, they just like how they fit). I wonder why this never gets brought up like men wearing panties does? They have never, in the course of conversation ever said "If something happens to me tell the EMT's you MADE me wear this."

In a medical emergency, it is probably best to just tell the truth don't you think? It would probably get you the best care. When you make things up, the medical team may have trouble believing you in other matters. Just my thoughts.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think if it's Not medically relivent then why say anything. If underdressing is the reason your heart stops or you triped wearing heals well then say something. Other wise just (act) like it is a normal thing....witch it is right? If I'm out dressed and I trip and say hurt my foot , I'm not going to care if someone laughs at me cuz i'm dressed. I just hope they don't laugh at me cuz I'm on my flat on my butt hurt and they find the fact I'm hurt funny , and there not helping me. If I get hurt or see someone hurt and I'm dressed.... I will not worrie about it and take care of the problem and then after it ok then I might worrie about it. Plus if they had to cut something off me to help I would then cry about it but I would rather cry about my fav bra or blouse or dress or boots being wreacked ,then worrie about postponing help because I don't want them to see me dressed or underdresses.
    That's what all you girls need to worrie about. Not what the think about you , or the joke after you leave they tell (maybe) but what the cut off you , that's the main worrie I think it should be. But that only my worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Dress Me Up & Take Me Out MarcieBflo's Avatar
    Oh yeah I thought about it too, But just figure what happens, happens oh well . . . At least it would give the EMT's and ER people something to talk about . . . lol. Almost all the time when I go out I have man shose, loose sweat pants, top and baseball cap, with me, that I could slip on quickly . . . .
    Life is Beautiful . . . . Dress Accordingly

i always think about that when iv gone out enfemm not horrible enough to actually call an emt or any thing but what if i got into a fender bender with some one in town and now they want my info or the cop nows who i am and knows my familly or one of my friends sees the accident and stops to help what then ........

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar

From my own experience on the other side of the fence, If you are involved in an accident while crossdressed and the police, fire or ems respond the will treat you without batting an eye..... they may or rather will talk about you later. It is the nature of the beast.... Anything or anyone out of the ordinary gets shared. It breaks the stress of their jobs

Well..... I think if I was with someone I'd have them shoot me (they shoot horses don't they?) and dump my body in a dumpster.. That way no one would ever find out my secret!! Yeah... That's what I'd do...

Lucky for me I never go out with anyone else and I'm too much of a coward to shoot myself!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

From 2 points of view:

I retired as a Firefighter/paramedic about 4 years ago, after 26 years of service. Trust me, during the call, we didn't care how people were dressed. Everybody got treated in the same professional, respectful manner. As someone else stated, however, it would definitely be the topic of conversation around the dinner table, but there would not be any personal information exchanged. Generally, by the 4th or 5th call of the day, I couldn't remember the names of my patients from earlier calls anyway. But the pink lacy underwear would definitely be the topic of conversation at shift change. So, on behalf of emergency workers everywhere, may I thank anybody in advance for bringing a light topic to what might otherwise be a difficult shift.

My wife is an RN in a critical care unit at a level one trauma center. Not long ago they had an unconscious male patient come through that was wearing bright pink toenail polish. The nurse's aide asked her if she should remove it, and my wife said it might be a good idea. When the patient's wife arrived a short time later, she thanked my wife for removing the nail polish before any of their kids got there. (This was before my wife knew that I was CD.)

My wife says that when she use to work in Emergency Department, the only complaint from the staff about crossdressing patients was that they dressed and often looked better than any of the nurses that were treating them.

My only concern about being injured while I'm dressed is that I'm sure I would be kidded about by the guys in the ambulance that are good friends that I use to work with.

Bobbi

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Well..... I think if I was with someone I'd have them shoot me (they shoot horses don't they?) and dump my body in a dumpster.. That way no one would ever find out my secret!! Yeah... That's what I'd do...
    I agree, the thought of getting into an accident or being even pulled over mortifies me so I never go out dressed!

Sort of like what your mom says "For my sake if you get into an accident you have clean underwear on". Guess it could go for en femme for some lol

I don't go out in any real way but do wear hose under my clothes to and from work. If I got in an accident and they had to cut my clothes off for some reason, I figure I'll have other things to worry about, assuming I'm conscious.

But to respond to the spirit of the original comment. They see my hose and look at me. I look them back and give a "what can I say...I wear pantyhose" kind of shrug. I think many people would treat it on the same level as you treat it. That is, if you fumble around and try to explain it away it will bring more attention to it.

Then again, there are also a lot of bigots in the world. Hopefully it wouldn't keep them from assisting you in a time of need.

? Worry?

Trust me, you don't! If, like me, you are knocked unconcious you have no embaressment. When I left the hospital, they had all my bloody clothes including the pink lacy panties put away for me!!! They never gave it a thought, other than treet me well when I finally came to. And never said anything. ANY OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being involved in an Accident whilst dressed

I have helped someone while dressed and it did not bother me at all, its good to help people even wen we are dressed,

Silver Member
    "OK there maybe the odd joke or in the staff room", yep ER staff needs to have black humor as do police, fire etc. I've heard jokes about how well endowed, fat, and about every other thing. Never heard a name.