Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
You're focusing on the wrong parts of the problem, and arguably proving my point for me. This obsession with "being challenged" is pointless, and so not the problem.
Then you missed the point. We are perceived as one group by society at large, yet we continue to resist that notion. Certainly we are not interchangeable and many of our interests are different. But, because we do not have a unified voice, I think at best we're holding station and may even be losing a touch here and there. Sadly, that is the price of incoherence.

Quote Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
When a CD gets challenged too much and gets uncomfortable, they get to go home, wash up, and go do their business as a man. Maybe they decide not to go out again. Maybe they decide that they'll only go to the "easy places" when "dressed". Maybe they only go out at night where the harsh light of the sun doesn't reveal all of their flaws.

They have the luxury of hiding, and yes, it is a luxury. CDs can go back to a privileged male identity any time they want. CDs have the luxury of getting to have fun "as a woman" (or so they think), but never have to deal with the actual reality of living as one.
Careful, that's perilously close to this idea of Heirarchy. Further, remember that in many cases, Crossdressers are attempting to juggle at least 2 lives. SS-DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
Subtly explains why there are fights here...we make distinctions.
No, look at it this way. We allow ourselves to use difference as a wedge instead of appreciating it, embracing it and letting it bring us together. Movements go forward on the collective resolve of the participants. As long as we are fractured, there will be no collective resolve. That's the simple truth of it.

DeeAnn