Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is rejecting/accepting your SO based on your PERCEPTION of the relationship?

Headed toward the future.

Is rejecting/accepting your SO based on your PERCEPTION of the relationship?

This is assuming you are in a relationship and you did not know about your SO’s gender issues and/or the degree of the issues until after the relationship began.

OP by Wickanne GG
    That actually opens up something I never thought about before.……..I assumed that when a man is making love to a woman while he is enfemme he would feel very 'male'. So I'll flip my question for you. Do you think you would feel femme or masculine in that situation? If you felt femme, would you see it as a lesbian or a heterosexual encounter?

OP by Susan Anne
    I feel/act/talk/percieve like a woman when en femme. This would include typical female activities such as shopping, chatting, home decor and etc. but could also include sports or other so-called "man" stuff. However these all would be experienced by me from a female outlook and point of view. I am not attracted to men sexually and desire only women. Therefore in making love to a woman en femme I see it for myself as a lesbian experience since en femme I identify as lesbian. The lovemaking would take on a female to female flavor.
    The preceding quotes are from another thread I start. After reading the replies to the thread, the assumption I made in the quote may not be as clear-cut as I had thought. Part of it may have been due to ignorance (lack of information) or part of it may be due to my ego…there is the possibility it is a combination of both.

It struck me that one doesn’t often hear/see what a GG would think of such an encounter. Is her reason for rejecting/accepting a CD based on how she does/would perceive the relationship? I have tried to encourage someone else to start a thread on this but perhaps because of the subject matter a female best broaches it.

This is the type of question I like because it is open to the majority…it is about MM, MF, and FF relationships and how one perceives it. Perception [seems to be my favorite word lately] rarely has a right or wrong answer but never fails to enlighten and bring about an understanding when participants approach it with an open mind.

I have never found myself attract to other GGs. When asked about my sexual preferences I, usually, responded with some flippant quip such as, I’d rather suck the spoon than lick out the bowl. It got my point across. Then one day I found myself extremely attracted to a male enfemme. Oh, yeah…that got me thinking about my sexuality. I struggled with it because my eyes where telling me one thing (hmmm, sexy lady) and my mind was telling me something else (may look like a female, but he is a male). Now, if I thought he looked like a female then why was I so attracted to him?

Some background information is necessary here. Although I am genetically female I am not what one would label a ‘typical’ genetic female. I have the aptitudes most strongly associated with males…strong mathematical skills, strong spatial perception, and strong mechanical aptitude. I can program and run CNC equipment and a whole lotta other things but I cannot frigging flip an egg over-easy without breaking the yoke. My current pursuits are degrees in Industrial/Process Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. I really have poor writing skills; I suck at spelling and sentence structure. As a youngster, I always watched and participated in sports, totally despised anything on my feet, pulled things apart and, successfully, put them part together…it wasn’t until I got older did I start having extra parts. I know how to knitting, cook, do needlepoint, and most other “typically” female pursuits and I do them quite well, but they don’t interest me. I am tall, have large hands, large feet and broad shoulders. I like getting my hands dirty and the smell of 10W30 (the scent of 10W50 is too heavy for me) I like stockings with seams up the back, silk, lingerie, and high heels, but I don’t like blouses with ruffles around the neck. Once, I was accused of being a MTF CD.

So why was I so strongly attracted to his femme persona. Some will argue, and rightfully so, that I have predominately male genetics and I was born into the wrong body. I have no interest, at all, in being a FTM CD but that could be because I wouldn’t want to be a “male” and live within the strict confines males generally have to live in. IE: Social stigmas attached to almost everything a male does. I believe I was born into the correct body. I am one of those who are truly blessed to have the best of both worlds, I can move fluidly between both. The only things I cannot do which are male involves a certain appendage that I do not have. I can pretty much do anything female. I have no desires to be with a GG, I just don’t. At first glance, I saw my attraction to his femme persona as ‘lesbian’ in nature. Yet, I believed I “allowed” myself to be so strongly attracted to her because I knew underneath she is male, if she had the male parts than she could play in my sand box. I knew the breasts would come and go. I am not a breast person…I am definitely a penis person. My sexuality came out of the struggle intact. But would all GGs be so lucky or would some continue to struggle? Would some give up because it’s just a lot easier not to deal with it?

I perceived making love with him as a heterosexual act. I perceived making love to him while he was in female clothing, stocking, high heels as a heterosexual act. Really, clothes are just a cover it doesn’t matter what they look like.

The tricky part of this, how would I have perceived making love with him if he had been in total femme mode? I would not have perceived it as a lesbian encounter. It would have been sex between me and a man in a ‘costume’ because, realistically, most women don’t wear make-up to bed, very few wear a bra while making love and most of use don’t worry about how our hair looks during the throes of passion. Did I fantasize about making love to him in full femme mode? Yes, but I was having a difficult time trying to figure out what and how to do it, how to be “male” about it. I had to think of it as me trying to seduce HIM out of HIS clothes. At no time did I see it as lesbian in nature.

Now, because of my other thread, I have to look at it from an angle I hadn’t thought of before. If he is a simple CD then he would see sex between us as heterosexual, I do not have an issue. If he is a transsexual presenting himself as a CD and seeing himself as a woman and perceiving a sexual encounter as lesbian, I have an issue with it and this is where my perceptions may take a beating. Most straight women, including myself, do not want to make love to another woman or anyone who “thinks” he is a woman because you will present and project yourself to us as a woman and we don’t want to make love to a woman.
    [NOTE: This is my perception. This is based on knowing myself well. I have not, to my knowledge, been in a relationship where he felt he was a woman and perceived love making as a “lesbian” encounters. It never crossed my mind to ask.]

I am going to play the devils advocate here. This will not apply to some of you:
    We will resent you for trying to come into our world in a male form “pretending” to be a woman.
    You haven’t paid your dues into the Club of Women, the lottery failed to award you a vigina at birth. Sure you have lived with your struggle, shame, and desire to be a woman but you will never know or come even close to knowing what it is to be a woman, no more than I, with my background, could ever possible know what it is to be a male. How can you claim to embrace something you are not and never will be? We take exception to you trying to cross the line into our world. We dislike you for getting to call yourself a woman without having known the hardships (physically, biologically, and emotionally). We hate that you got the ‘easy’ pass to being a woman. We are a territorial bunch, but then if you were a woman you’d know that ;-)

For me, I will respect whatever ‘label’ you want to use, just be honest and open about how you perceive yourself. Allow me to make my decisions based on how I feel and not how you think I should feel or what you fear the outcome will be. To the average heterosexual female, making love to a man who perceives himself as a woman in a lesbian sexual act is like a betrayal and it is “icky” to us and don’t expect us to love you for it. It knocks our whole sense of what a heterosexual relationship is out of whack. That alone should tell you, you are still a male and thinking with your penis because you cannot see it that way. If it happens that you can understand it, yet still continue to push your needs to the forefront of the relationship (you haven’t learned one of the basic tenets of being a woman…sometimes your needs are put on hold for the good of the relationship…so take a number and sit down) then you are not respecting us as individuals so how can you expect the same in return?

Would I reject a SO based on the perceptions of others? No! I don’t give a flying…oops, careful there…what other people perceive my relationship with someone as.
    Would I reject a SO who perceives himself as femme and the relationship as heterosexual? No.
    Would I reject a SO based on his perception of himself as a woman and perceiving the relationship as ‘lesbian’? Yes, because it is not who I am. Like any other trait I may find undesirable in a mate, which would influence me to reject him. I haven’t evolved to a point where I can wrap my head around it and I don’t believe I will.
    Some may argue that unless he told me he thought this way I wouldn’t know. There’s a lot more for a man to be in a ‘lesbian’ relationship than putting on a dress and make-up. I would know.

After reading posts on here, I have also come to understand the frustrations of some of the GGs. I never really understood why a GG got so upset about her man wanting to wear clothes of the opposite sex. For some, me included, it isn’t just about the CDing….

OP by Satrana

And yes you are correct there is a huge spectrum of states inbetween simple crossdressing based solely on clothing to transgenderism and transexuality. Some people stay static on this continuum, but many will move along it over time. How far they travel is individualistic, no-one can tell, even the CD themselves. We spend a lifetime discovering what it all means, we never stop learning.
    And the labels are very confusing especially more so when they are missing. A statement about transitioning from a TS who you assumed was a CD is going to give you all sorts of grief!
    ….it is also about the fear of where her SO is in the “spectrum” and where he is going to end up.

I know the “labels” and wording will vary slightly depending on your situation…eg. A FTM CD and F relationship.

Wickanne
    Last edited by Wickanne GG; 08-24-2007 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Modify text.

I can't contribute directly to the topic but it was an interesting post so I hope I am not going off topic.

But I can add to your confusion.

When a crossdresser is all dressed up, they can perceive of themselves as a woman who is either gay or straight. But also, they can perceive of themselves as a man who has been all prettified.

So a GG may find herself in a relationship with a 'lesbian', a "straight" woman, or a sub-male.

That clears that up then.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    If you're attracted to someone then labels shouldn't matter IMHO. There can never be too much love in the world.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Do you really think you, or anyone, could followed a post of that length if I had not incorporated "labels"?

Wickanne

PERCEPTION of the relationship

"Relationship" is one of my favorite words. It is grossly misunderstood. IMHO a relationship is how you relate to someone, and how they relate to you. I have witnessed a relationship that could only be described as "In Love" based on how they related to each other, that lasted for many years between two women, and they did not even know.

I think you may have hit on the core challenge of acceptance of CD'ing in a relationship. This is so NOT about labels, let's not go there.

We all want to be accepted. As a CD I want to be accepted. I want a relationship. I don't want cd'ing to be a challenge to the relationahip. So we all have the same goals. But it is not so simple.

You can love a person without regard to their gender identity. But is is not a given that someone will relate to you in the same way with no regard to you gender identity. So the characteristics of how you CD (labels do help in defining this) can play a vital part in the quality of the relationship - how you relate to each other. Exactly as Wickanne said. We are all human - not perfect. How we relate to one another is leveraged on our own personal preferences, including sexual preferences.

We can evaluate our personal preferences. Some may be traditionally defined. Some will have been defined by nature. We may decide that some of our personal preferences are not that important after all. Some are.
    Carin

I have gone on a journey in search if myself. If you find me before I return, please hold on to me until I get back.
    Telling our Children

I feel that personally, I was born into the wrong body type. This has been a feeling for me since I was very small. Not knowing the trials and hardships other women may face is an accurate assumption; however I have prevcieved the trials and hardships amongst the females of my life, as they have seen the trials, tribulations and the harsh reality of the male side of life from me and other males in their lives. The insight this gives me is a quality of unique duality. I can see a situation from many sides and lends to a heightend sense of empathy towards others regardless of gender.

Without getting in to details, while I am intimate with my SO, I will do almost anything to satisfy her desire and needs as she would for me. At times, this lends to what some will call "kinky", but both my SO and I do not feel that we require a lable. I have often stated that I am a male lesbian. What I mean by this is that when I am intimate, I make sure her needs, wants, desires and if possible fantasies are met. There is no perception here if I am enfemme or not. She prefers not while intimate, but often she does not mind. To her, even if in my mind I desire to be a woman being intimate with a woman, in her mind, it is being intimate with the person she loves regardless of my state of mind at the time.

While my explanation of my personal experiances do not fall within the perview of the original post, it does lead to a point I would like to make. Regardless of personal perception, regardless of past and future experiances, in the end, you love whom you love. It does not matter if one partner feels more male than female or female than male. It does not matter what label one may place on another.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet"

"This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.
    Farewell; my blessing season this in thee!"
    :GE:Don't sweat the small stuff...and its all SMALL stuff.

food for thought

You said play devil's advocate, which means you don't think that way, so the response is for those that do:
    "You haven’t paid your dues into the Club of Women, the lottery failed to award you a vagina at birth. Sure you have lived with your struggle, shame, and desire to be a woman but you will never know or come even close to knowing what it is to be a woman, no more than I, with my background, could ever possible know what it is to be a male. How can you claim to embrace something you are not and never will be? We take exception to you trying to cross the line into our world. We dislike you for getting to call yourself a woman without having known the hardships (physically, biologically, and emotionally). We hate that you got the ‘easy’ pass to being a woman."
    Some of this sounds directed at TS's ( & I'm sure TS's will tell you it ISN'T an "easy pass" )- as a CD I don't literally call myself a woman.
    "Embrace something you are not"- I embrace a part of myself which this society tells us as men we are supposed to COMPLETELY reject, because supposedly "anything feminine is inferior."

"you haven’t learned one of the basic tenets of being a woman…sometimes your needs are put on hold for the good of the relationship"
    I think plenty of guys in long-term relationships with women would say the same thing.

you asked

[SIZE="3"]Is rejecting/accepting your SO based on your PERCEPTION of the relationship? [/SIZE]

for me i have to say no ............ what does kick in my rejection is lies, lies and more damned lies ........... give me the truth and I will get on and deal with whatever, lie to me and I find out and I am not a happy bunny ........ too many lies = me pulling away, carry it on and there will be no road back.

So my rejection/acceptance is based on whether he is telling me the truth not on my perception of the relationship
    Last edited by Sheila; 08-25-2007 at 10:46 AM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

I reserve the right to change my view of anything I have posted, including this:

“Would I reject a SO based on his perception of himself as a woman and perceiving the relationship as ‘lesbian’? Yes, because it is not who I am. Like any other trait I may find undesirable in a mate, which would influence me to reject him. I haven’t evolved to a point where I can wrap my head around it and I don’t believe I will.”

I have always prided myself on being open-minded and to make a statement like… “….and I don’t believe I will,” contradicts my perception of myself. It doesn’t erase the fact that there are things in life I have a difficult time wrapping my mind around. Which is why I don't 'live' in my head. I get out and try to learn.

I suppose "perception" could be interchanged with "limits".

Most of us seem to have our limits. When my perception of my relationship had reached my [perceived] limit I backed out. Maybe out of fear (referring back to the “spectrum”), but I think mostly because I couldn’t get passed the fact that he was still looking for “admires” and other GGs and he had time for my g/f but not me…huge red ‘limit’ flag waving in my face. I left myself no road back when I ended it. Some of his reasons for getting involved with me in the first place may not have turned out as he had hoped…i.e.: a private place to change so he could attend meetings, I wasn’t going to be used for that. (<<< Perception/limit.) I have had notes that put him down and talk about how lucky he was and what most CDs would give to have someone like me, but I cannot put him down…I love him and to put him down would be to put myself down. Maybe I was the luck one :-) If it weren’t for him I would not have found such a great forum to expand my knowledge from…the other forum sites just seem so ‘limp’.

Wickanne
    Last edited by Wickanne GG; 08-25-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: modify text

Wickanne, I think you did it right. When two people commit to a relationship, it is not a 50&#37; 50% deal. Each person should commit 100% of themselves to the relationship. In today's world, this does not happen as often as we would like. Often, one does not makes time for those in their life whom they care about (generalization). Carreers and hobbies take a considerable amount of time away from a relationship.

Indeed, it sounds like crossdressing may have contributed to the break, but the reason the break occurred was that he did not have time for YOU. YOUR needs, wants and desires were not being met. To me, it sounds like your SO needed to be with YOU more. Your "limit", as it were, had grown taut, and like a rubber band that was stretched too far, your "limit" snapped.

SO's, whether, male or female, in my opinion, need to treat each other as their best friends, as their ulitmate confidant, as an extension of ones soul. Cleave unto one another with complete mind, might, heart, and strength. This is hard to accomplish, but from what I have read about your situation, this did not happen. Indeed, it sounds from your description that your SO did not even try.

I am not saying anyone is at fault, all I am saying is that there may have been underlying issues that crossdressing may have been brought to light in your relationship.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Wickanne, I think you did it right. When two people commit to a relationship, it is not a 50&#37; 50% deal. Each person should commit 100% of themselves to the relationship. In today's world, this does not happen as often as we would like. Often, one does not makes time for those in their life whom they care about (generalization). Carreers and hobbies take a considerable amount of time away from a relationship.

Indeed, it sounds like crossdressing may have contributed to the break, but the reason the break occurred was that he did not have time for YOU. YOUR needs, wants and desires were not being met. To me, it sounds like your SO needed to be with YOU more. Your "limit", as it were, had grown taut, and like a rubber band that was stretched too far, your "limit" snapped.

SO's, whether, male or female, in my opinion, need to treat each other as their best friends, as their ulitmate confidant, as an extension of ones soul. Cleave unto one another with complete mind, might, heart, and strength. This is hard to accomplish, but from what I have read about your situation, this did not happen. Indeed, it sounds from your description that your SO did not even try.

I am not saying anyone is at fault, all I am saying is that there may have been underlying issues that crossdressing may have been brought to light in your relationship.

Z
    I know this is off top but I have to clear something up.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression here. I know he TRIED in his way. He did some amazing things for me that no one has ever done. But he hit my limit...my perception of where the relationship was going. I don't know too many people, regardless of sexual orientaion or anything, who wants to be put on the backburn for someone's obsession AND her g/f...WTF! The relationship is over, he got what he wanted, and we will all live happily doing what we like to do best.

I will say I have had some very interesting PM that would explain some of his behaviours, desires, fantasies...explained to me in ways I don't think he would have been comfortable talking about...but nothing explains having time my g/f and not me

Wickanne

Quote Originally Posted by Wickanne GG View Post
    ...but nothing explains having time my g/f and not me
    This is my point. Even though he thought he tried, he didn't understand your needs. In particular your need to have him with YOU and not your g/f. And the only person who will know why he had more time for your g/f than you would be him.

He tried, in his own way maybe, but he really didn't try hard enough. He may have done amazing things with you, but in the end, did he really understand that you had real issues with him spending so much time with your g/f? Did he really try to understand why you had issue with this? Did he really, whole heartedly try to make you happy in this regard?

I don't know the full circumstances of the issues, so please don't think I am blaming anyone. Everytime a relationship fails, both parties involved share the responsibility. I just don't think crossdressing was the issue, it only highlighted the issues already present in the relationship.

Be that as it may, I am really sorry the relationship didn't work out.
    Understanding why someone does something can only be explained by the individual who did it. I hope you have better success in your future relationships.

For someone that feels they can not write or present good sentence structure you are dead wrong. Kudos on a well articulated presentation that will help not only SO's on understanding and dealing with the issue of their loved ones dressing, but more so on presenting to the CDer a true understanding of the effects they have on others. It makes me sit up and think about what demands and perceptions I may unwittingly present to my wife. It makes me more understanding of the other side of the issue and presents a need for further discussion with her. Your presentation is something all of us CDers need to print and present to our SO's to further discussion and strengthen our relationships.

And thanks from me to - I've learned much from this discussion

Mitch

caplocks dont work
    thats a good story to. i read your other stuff and it helps me to. so thanks.
    my cap lock button doesn't work. sorry.

Smile perception

I agree with several of the previous posts.You have rendered a very thought provoking article and I wish to thank you for it,it has given me a lot to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    This is my point. Even though he thought he tried, he didn't understand your needs. In particular your need to have him with YOU and not your g/f. And the only person who will know why he had more time for your g/f than you would be him.

He tried, in his own way maybe, but he really didn't try hard enough. He may have done amazing things with you, but in the end, did he really understand that you had real issues with him spending so much time with your g/f? Did he really try to understand why you had issue with this? Did he really, whole heartedly try to make you happy in this regard?

I don't know the full circumstances of the issues, so please don't think I am blaming anyone. Everytime a relationship fails, both parties involved share the responsibility. I just don't think crossdressing was the issue, it only highlighted the issues already present in the relationship.

Be that as it may, I am really sorry the relationship didn't work out.
    Understanding why someone does something can only be explained by the individual who did it. I hope you have better success in your future relationships.
    Ooops again. His time with my g/f was not what you think. She wasn't interested and it was his attempt to contact her via the Internet. No excuses for him...I know.

I simply didn’t appeal to him in some way. I was another name for him to add to his list of flings. LOL…by now he’s probably forgotten my name. You are correct, we both contributed to the failure of the relationship…he acted and I reacted and he got the desired result.

Thank you so much. It's very sweet of all of you...getting me a little choked-up here. :blushing:

Wickanne
    Last edited by Wickanne GG; 08-25-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Modify text.

Ooops again. His time with my g/f was not what you think. She wasn't interested and it was his attempt to contact her via the Internet. No excuses for him...I know.

I simply didn’t appeal to him in some way. I was another name for him to add to his list of flings. LOL…by now he’s probably forgotten my name. You are correct, we both contributed to the failure of the relationship…he acted and I reacted and he got the desired result.

Thank you so much. It's very sweet of all of you...getting me a little choked-up here. :blushing:

Wickanne
    You seem to be a wonderful and understanding woman. My heart bleeds for you that this happend. Anybody would be lucky to find a woman like yourself. Honest, sincere, kind and gentle (from what I have read).

Believe me when I tell you I know exactly how this can make one feel. Suffice it to say, this happend to me once a long time ago when my girlfriend wanted to spend more time with another friend of mine and only came back to me when she needed something. I ended it much the same way you did, I reacted, she acted.

***On Topic***

I am still very much in love with my wife of 9 years. We have two wonderful boys. My "perception" of myself as a crossdresser is that I was not granted the amazing gift of womanhood, yet mentally I view myself as a woman. I grew up around women, I have many lady friends and I can relate to them with ease. I can also relate to men as well, so in this regard, I am pretty easy going.

As far as where I view my wife within the spectrum of crossdressing, well I would die for her. I thank my lucky stars daily (sometimes hourly) that I found an understanding woman who accepts me for who I am inside. She is my life.

It gets a little more complicated for her when she tries to define herself within the spectrum of crossdressing. She doesn't like to talk about her feelings often, mainly because her past relationships and family would invalidate her feelings (and they still do to this day). She has opened up to me once or twice, but usually its nothing very specific. Its just not about crossdressing. She has a hard time articulating her love for her family, her passion for art, anything that is near and dear to her, she just can't communicate those feelings very well, and I believe she is frustrated by that fact. So I would hope that her "perspective" of where she falls within the sepctrum of crossdressing is like mine or somewhere close-by.

I can say this because she buys me make-up, skirts, blouses, lingerie, etc. She prefers me not to wear said apparel while intimate, but occasionally she doesn't mind. She is hesitant to do my make-up and nails, but doesn't care if I do it. Honestly, I do not think she ever did make-up and nails with her friends either so in that regard, I think its just her not wanting to do it. I wish she would, though; she once painted a complete mountain scape on both her big toes... I was awe struck.

Again, I wish you the best in any future relationship you may encounter. You are a bright and wonderful woman and don't let anyone (including yourself) tell you otherwise.

Luv
    Z

Junior Member Hippy Chic's Chick's Avatar
    For me, the acceptance is how much of an issue you or your SO make of the cross dressing. It's like any other part of a relationship and often on these forums I see it being intertwined with other problems such as unfaithfulness or selfishness.

The bottom line is that if my SO wasn't a cross dresser I'd still be narked at him for being selfish and the relationship would be over if he were unfaithful. Cross dressing is something else, it stands all on its own and it is a part of the man I love.

When cooking and cleaning I like to have music on. Loud . HC doesn't like that, so I tend not to do it while he's around, or I allow him to turn it down when he is (and turn it up again when he's not looking, hehe). In our relationship we've found a compromise that keeps us both happy, I put up with less mucic and he puts up with occassionally walking in the kitchen and moaning that it's too loud. He's never asked me to not play music, I do it less out of consideration and indulge myself when I can.

Now, with his cross dressing, I don't perceive a problem whatsoever. My music may drive him nuts, but I've never been annoyed or cross over what he wears. He told me about this as soon as the relationship became serious and slowly but surely he introduced more and more of his dressing to me (well, I think it was about him being open about it in his own time rather than revealing it to me). I don't care if he wears a bra daily and a nighty to bed every night.

The reason I have no problem with this and the reason it works for us is that actually, my perception of him doesn't change one bit. One of the things I first fell for him years ago was his ability to be open and honest and discuss real things - like a woman! That is a huge part of him, his sensitivity is the first thing that attracted me to him, that part of him is released all the more while he's dressed. If I love that part of him, what does it matter what he's wearing in order for him to physically allow himself to use that part of his personality? If I were to ask him not to dress, I'd lose a big part of him, some of the best parts of him (though I love his 'man' side too - I like the whole package). If he were to not dress, I'd be changing him and I'd be getting only a part of the man I love, where it's the whole of him I want and love.

When he's dressed, I perceive him as my man. He's not a woman, and some here might not like what I have to say about this, but hey - opinions have been asked for The OP had a very good point, he will never be a woman, he'll never feel like a woman. He may feel more feminine, but clothes alone do not make a woman. He might be wearing femme stuff daily, but he still gets the better deal in the relationship all round (and it's not something I mind, I wouldn't change that). I'm the one who is up with the baby while he sleeps through it, I'm the one who the baby is given to if he cries, I'm the one who does my best with the housework while struggling with the baby and no sleep while SO goes for an afternoon nap. I'm the one who has the ultimate responsibility for the children, who has to put my career and plans on hold because we accidently made a new baby. The highlight of my life for the next few years will once again be a pat on the back because I got the toilet clean. I again have no financial independance. My body is knackered from 4 births and my C-section scar (6 months old) still hurts on occassions. Breast feeding wears me out. My job is to ensure the kids, the baby and HC are happy, fed and living in a reasonably clean and tidy home. That sucks, it's frustrating. I'm no less ambitious than any man - yet being a woman means I have to choose whether to dump the baby in nursery and look after my own needs, or do as mothering means and put my own needs last. This is something no man, knickers or not, can ever understand. So, while we're in the same house, the same family and the same relationship, we might be wearing matching undies but only one of us has a real grip on what it means to be a woman. The home life is only one example, real life as a woman, even outside of the home is something else - something wearing clothing and feeling feminine cannot replicate.

I've also talked to HC about going out clubbing as a woman and how that is. You're constantly on the lookout for the creeps and weirdos, because there are plenty of them. Some bars refuse to serve glasses to women because of the risk of drugging and will only allow bottles, where a thumb can be held over the neck of the bottle. An unattended drink is whipped up by bar staff. THIS is what a girls' night out entails. Being a woman incorporates so many things that are drummed into you that being afraid of leaving your drink for a second is done without thinking. Can a man really understand that?

I can understand the OP finding a CD man attractive. It is attractive and although she found it hard to express I think I know exactly what she means. There are some men who CD that are very attractive, rather than trying to look like a woman, they are happy to be somewhere in the middle. Definitely a man, but definitely feminine - and it's a very sexy look. There's something about a man who can be feminine and yet it's so obviously a man that it's shouting out at you that it's got to be one hell of a man for you to still see the masculinity.

I get really confused about the lesbian stuff when it comes to CDing. Having sex with HC is not lesbian sex. It's sex with my man, he might be wearing something pretty. I'm going to have to be careful how I explain this, hehe. We've discussed this before, the issue coming up on here many times. I've told him that if it were lesbian sex in his mind and we'd done the whole foreplay and the 'best bit' wasn't going to happen, I'd wallop him. Foreplay as a straight woman is about preparing for and wanting the 'best bit', I want the man bit! If that's what I want and that's what I know it's about, how then can it be lesbian sex? I am not making love to a woman, physically it's a man and that's what does it for me. Give me a partner who has physical girl bits and not only would it fail to arouse any interest, I'd be turned right off. That he's wearing stockings doesn't take away that physically he's a man, he's built like a man, he feels like a man and he can give me what a man can that a woman can't.

I fancy him whatever he wears. In all honesty, I'm more attracted to him in male clothing, but then I guess he's more attracted to me when I'm not dressed to clean toilets. It doesn't matter what he wears, he is who he is and I love him for that.

Acceptance I think is about keeping it in perspective and being open with each other. HC knows he can never be a woman simply because he's got a nighty on, the same as if I put my big comfy PJs on, I'm not a man.

CDing is not a problem. It only becomes a problem when it's used as an excuse for unacceptable behaviour. Lies, dishonesty and secrecy are a huge problem in a relationship and you don't have to cross dress to screw up that way.
    "I want to feel like a woman!" Said my boyfriend.

"OK", I replied. "The baby needs breastfeeding, the ironing pile is in the kitchen and the washing up is in the sink."

...and I went to the pub.

Pausing To Femme-flect melissacd's Avatar
    HCC, I want to compliment you on your wonderful post. Thanks for taking the time to share that with us. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
    What stop do I get off at? Hmmm...

I perceived making love with him as a heterosexual act. I perceived making love to him while he was in female clothing, stocking, high heels as a heterosexual act. Really, clothes are just a cover it doesn’t matter what they look like.
    Yup, clothes are just clothes. This is where the big confusion steps in. Both CDs and GGs are guilty of perceiving a man wearing women's clothes as being a woman. The correct way would be to perceive the man as wearing pretty/sexy clothes. It is true that a fair share of CDs convince themselves that they are a woman when dressed but that is nothing more than a fantasy bubble. It would help matters between couples if the GG did not fall into the same trap by believing clothing transformed their man into a woman. This statement of course excludes TG/TS individuals.

We will resent you for trying to come into our world in a male form “pretending” to be a woman.
    You haven’t paid your dues into the Club of Women, the lottery failed to award you a vigina at birth. Sure you have lived with your struggle, shame, and desire to be a woman but you will never know or come even close to knowing what it is to be a woman, no more than I, with my background, could ever possible know what it is to be a male. How can you claim to embrace something you are not and never will be? We take exception to you trying to cross the line into our world. We dislike you for getting to call yourself a woman without having known the hardships (physically, biologically, and emotionally). We hate that you got the ‘easy’ pass to being a woman. We are a territorial bunch, but then if you were a woman you’d know that ;-)
    Yes I had noticed the strong territorial aspect. It presents a big problem gaining acceptance from SOs. It does not make sense to me considering how feminism focused on knocking down the walls of male territorial power.

To the average heterosexual female, making love to a man who perceives himself as a woman in a lesbian sexual act is like a betrayal and it is “icky” to us and don’t expect us to love you for it. It knocks our whole sense of what a heterosexual relationship is out of whack.
    But how about a man imagining he is making love to another woman not his SO which is a common practice among men. For me, sexual fantasies should never be judged. What gets someone off is often disagreeable to the partner which is why such fantasies are never admitted to. If a CD fantasies during sex about a lesbian act then how would this hurt you more than him thinking of another woman? For me it is a problem only if he tries to move his fantasies into everyday life - but then that would likely mean he is TG/TS not a CD.

(you haven’t learned one of the basic tenets of being a woman…sometimes your needs are put on hold for the good of the relationship…so take a number and sit down)
    Sorry that is sexist, men absolutely do put their needs on hold all the time. It is as much a tenet for men as it is for women. Selfishness is individualistic, it is not based on gender.

Would I reject a SO based on the perceptions of others? No! I don’t give a flying…oops, careful there…what other people perceive my relationship with someone as.
    Would I reject a SO who perceives himself as femme and the relationship as heterosexual? No.
    You are definitely not an average woman. Those two statements would be a show-stopper for many women.

….it is also about the fear of where her SO is in the “spectrum” and where he is going to end up.
    There are a million things you could fear about - cheating, ill health, accidents etc all of which are statistically more likely to happen so why the big focus on where he may end up in the CD spectrum. For example 33% of men and women cheat on their spouses. Lets say 0.5% of CDs end up TS. That means your partner is 66 times more likely to cheat on you with another woman than he is to one day inform you he wants the operation.

It has always seemed to me that fears over crossdressing are greatly magnified out of all proportion to their actual occurrence and impact. I would explain this as "normal" threats and worries have already been accounted for in your thinking so an "abnormal" threat sticks out and causes undue fear. Unfortunately this fear often has a negative impact in that many SOs try to limit and prevent the scope and occurrence of crossdressing because they place undue emphasis on the fear of CD partner wanting to actually become a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by melissacd View Post
    HCC, I want to compliment you on your wonderful post. Thanks for taking the time to share that with us. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Attachment 52541and I do hope that many many CDR's and their SO's read your post......... it is one of the most memorable, touching and totally honest post I have ever read on this or any other forum

Jess
    Last edited by Sheila; 05-13-2008 at 09:36 AM.
    I allow myself to set healthy boundaries ..... to say no to what does not align with my values, to say yes to what does.
    Boundaries assist me to remain healthy, honest and living a life that is true to me

HCC,

You read the OP then took the time and energy to type an honest reply. Thank you.

Wickanne

Hi there Wickanne,

HCC's other half here I missed this & HC has just brought it to me.

All I can say is a paraphrase of what I say to HCC's eldest son. He has Asperger's Syndrome. Sometimes his behaviour is unacceptable, & he uses his AS as an excuse.

I just tell him that AS may explain his behaviour, but it doesn't excuse or justify it.

In the same way, CDing may explain your partners' behaviour, it doesn't excuse or justify it either.

Hope this makes sense,

HC
    [SIZE="3"]Ever painted yourself blue, & pretended to be Smurfette?[/SIZE]

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippy Chic View Post
    He has Asperger's Syndrome. Sometimes his behaviour is unacceptable, & he uses his AS as an excuse.

I just tell him that AS may explain his behaviour, but it doesn't excuse or justify it.
    How do you tell what is genuinely Aspergers caused behaviour and what is 'excuse'?

I for one have been frequently accused of using my own disability (Myalgic Encephalomyelitus aka Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) as an excuse by a family member who didn't understand what my illness actually meant (they thought I had it easy sitting around all day and was lazy). Eventually I got a total list of symptoms (in a research article that explained how the symptoms were comparable to those of people going through chemo for a fatal cancer) read it to them and said that if they found one thing I said was caused by my CFS that wasn't on the list I'd give them $1000 and if they accused me again of anything that was on the list they could choose to either pay me $500 or have me risk being bed-bound for a week by smacking them in the face with a piece of firewood.

I got a thorough apology and they stopped accusing me.

As you can tell being repeatedly condemned for something that you are afflicted by is pretty upsetting. I'm not suggesting the situation is that similar but it's potentially very cruel to expect people to be able to transcend their symptoms if such is practically difficult or, in my case, fundamentally impossible.