I have a question for the long timers out there. (Not necessarily, but not excluding old timers).

First, a little history.

About six months ago some pieces of my jigsaw puzzle psyche formed an image recognizable as "I am a crossdresser." That was quite a revelation.

I began to read everything I could find on the subject, and that lead me to this fine forum and you wonderful people. I was at once excited and scared. Excited that I now have a name and definition for what I had been feeling, and scared by stories of where it may lead. I really did not know whether to cheer or cry, but my disclosure to my wife soon after put an end to any cheering.

I quickly became engulfed with a Pink Fog so dense that I figuratively surrendered my life to the fog and became distanced from reality. The activities I had enjoyed, as well as my normal chores became secondary to the fog's siren call.

This continued for many weeks, growing more intense as time went by. Then, about four weeks ago I noticed that I was regaining some limited interest in my volunteer activities and paying more attention to my chores.

In the following weeks I have been able to distance myself somewhat more from the crossdressing, and am now to the point where it "merely" consumes too much of my time and attention. I now dress for a couple hours at a time, two or three times per week, and spend at least a few hours each day thinking of CD and following this forum.

Thanks for staying with me so far. Now comes the question.

Is this a common progression?
Is this more likely to be a temporary remission than a passing fancy?
Am I asking the wrong questions?

Best wishes
MsVal