Saturday evening My roommate asked me if I would go get him a sub sandwich form a national chain. It had been a nice day so I was wearing a jean skirt, blouse, Wedge sandals and a hoodie. Make-up was minimal, with red lip stain. (I don’t have a beard). I had even told my roommate maybe I should change to jeans because it’s getting a little colder, but decided to would be ok because you park by the door at that location. I walk in, there is a girl behind the counter busy doing something. There is no one else in the store. I eat at this chain a lot. The way she greeted me and took my order was a little off. I had her toast the sandwich. A couple came in so she is helping them. A different girl comes out of the back,takes my sandwich from the oven and asks what veg’s I want on it. I tell her,she wraps it up and steps to the cash register. I pay for it, she hands me my change, looks me in the eye and says loudly “THANK YOU SIR “. I wanted to slam the sandwich down on the counter and walk out. But it wasn’t for me and with other things that have been happening I would have taken it out on her. Instead when I got home, I sent an email to the main office. I got a call from the local owner today. We talked for a while, he said he thinks we have met. He apologizes and is going to talk with all the employees not just the one. I told him that I had praised one of his other employees at different location a little over a year ago on their web site. He has four stores in this town. I also told him I usually frequent the one that’s closer to me. So why did I go to that location, my roommate thinks the employees there are better. I’m not an activist. I have never stood up for myself like this. Here’s the thing, I’m out and this is my town, I’m just not going to put up with this. The owner agreed and said I handled it the right way. Oh and I have a free sandwich if I want. I knew that this was just one person that needs an attitude adjustment. I’ll let her boss take care of that.