I just got done reading through the 'Do you need approval?' thread and it got me to thinking. There were many posts that stated they didn't need it but rather wanted acceptance from your SO. As an SO of a CDer I guess I'm hoping that you can expand on that comment. What is your NEEDED level of acceptance - what does it look like? Or what in the end do you HOPE it will look like at the end of this process - your goal so to speak.

My SO has made similar comments - "I hope in time you will be more ok?" To me that is very vague and the spectrum of CD is such a HUGH span that I automatically go to the end of MTF trans. He says that is not the case for him and I know that EVERYONE on here will be at a different place it would just be nice to hear where you are and are you happy? What more do you need to make you happy? When you do accept these limits that your SO is accepting of are you resentful at all?

I know it's a lot of questions but I'm just curious. I saw some in that approval thread that were like 'I know I would need to let her go' (the GG wife if she wasn't ok) and others that said 'I still want my life as a man as well and didn't want to compromise the marriage.' - in that case they seemed to be happy with compromise, it wasn't a take me or leave me- all or nothing scenario. I do hope that is true but I'm still very scared that the resentment would overtake the marriage.

Thank you in advance for your posts and I look forward to gaining a better understanding of the different levels of acceptance.

Coping2014