CHANGE, that one little word can strike fear into many. Many SOs fear that they are about to lose the one they love or that our sexual preference will change or our sexual persona will change. Just like most of the world they believe in the misguided stereotypes like we are gay, or we all want to become a woman. For some these are truly facts, but, we are a very diverse group and trying to lump us together in anything is pretty hard. Tell her what it is you feel and where you would like things to go. LISTEN to her concerns and don't feel like you have to answer them there on the spot nor does she have to answer you. I would share this site with her. There are a lot of very bright and articulate GG's on this site that may help her answer some questions that concern her.

I wouldn't shave my body (which you said you weren't) until after you have the talk, Doing something for shock value at this point might not be a good idea. I would also not tell her until the semester break.

Good luck and I hope it turns out well as it seems from you post that you two care for each other a great deal.