PDA

View Full Version : Your female name *merged threads*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Kimberly Marie
07-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Hi.. Iknow it's probably been asked put I'm going to ask any way. How and why did you pick the female name you have.....just thought it would be fun to ask.....I picked mine because my mohter would have named me that if I would have been born female.............hehe..........:)

PhillyGuy2Girl
07-03-2008, 12:04 PM
My wife helped me to come with mine. I love it.

Felicity :)

CowGurl Rachel
07-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Mine is from the girl who took my virginity... she taught me alot about meyself. :heehee:

Rachel

Annaliese
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I would have been call Carrie Ann if I would have been born a female. So I took the middle name and add a to the end for Anna. My little sister got Carrie Ann when she was born. The thing is I look a look a lot like my sister when dressed.

add 10/15/2010 I have since change it to Annaliese

Nadia-Maria
07-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I made a list of my preferred girl names (several dozen ones), then defined a few criteria and noted all names according to the criteria.
I carefully considered the top 5 names.

Nadia came in second rank. Marie was in the top 5.
I decided for Nadia-Maria koz I wanted a specific name, not too common for posting in the forums without ambiguity.

However, you can call me by whatever feminine name : I love being called as a girl, whatever the name..

Love

Nadia

mollytyler
07-03-2008, 02:11 PM
From my favorite Aunt who understood my issues- helped bring Mom to an equal understanding........

Sarah...
07-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Wow! I certainly didn't go down the "spreadsheet" route as Nadia -Maria did (which is unusual for me - I do it for other important decisions!!). No - I think my name was just always there, I've no idea where it came from. I love it though. Wouldn't change it for anything. It's me!

Sarah...

LovelyRita
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
I did not want a stripper name or thought an ultra girlie name would fit me so I was at a loss when the song lovely rita by the beatles came to mind and I used it but I dont think I want to stick with it I am still experimenting

Staci G
07-03-2008, 04:36 PM
I got mine from an ex GF she was a stripper in El Paso her stage name was Staci, her real name was Sally but I liked Staci better.

nik12345
07-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Mine comes from Nikki Sixx. I mean, just because I wear lipstick doesn't mean I can't kick your ass :D

Niya W
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Well Niya because its unique. Toni, well keeping my middle name. Blake because I need a last name. Just Niya Toni didn't sound right,

Dalece
07-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Actually my real fist name is Dale that name can go either way. My mother was smart in naming me. I just added a ce on the end to give my name a More femine touch.

suzy cool
07-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Mine is from a song by a band I can't remember. "Suzy Cool Suzy Cool she ain't no fool."

Patty
07-03-2008, 05:25 PM
just added a ty - had to keep it simple

triciaannmarie
07-03-2008, 05:27 PM
i just liked the way Tricia Ann Marie sounded

Ruth
07-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Ruth is a Hebrew name and means "companion", though I didn't know that when the name came to me. I didn't choose it, it chose me, and it's totally appropriate (more so than my male name).

Amy Hepker
07-03-2008, 05:29 PM
It's from a song from Pure Prarrie League.

Sasha Anne Meadows
07-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Looked in the mirror and said that's Sasha.....Anne came later to make it more fem. Now I am Sasha Anne and I love my name.

Christine St James
07-03-2008, 05:39 PM
From Christian to Christine. It was easy to remember, as I still go by "Chris" on both sides.

KarenCDFL
07-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Karen would have been my name if I was born female.

Tomara
07-03-2008, 05:52 PM
My male name is Tom , so I added the ara , I know its not the feminine version but I`m not totally feminine either . It`s easy to remember and there are allready alot of Tamara`s . :) Tomara

tricia_uktv
07-03-2008, 05:55 PM
My Father was born Patrick - so (Pat)Tricia. My Mother's stage name when she was a singer was Magaret Dale. So Tricia Dale, easy, you get your name from your parents. Don't you?

Bobbie_1544
07-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I grew up as Bobby, so I thought about it for awhile and because I also had a female friend (GG) who spelled her name Bobbie. So little did she know, once I got older and was in G-Mode I would steal her name from her. That Hazzie wouldn't know......LOL

Kimberly Marie
07-03-2008, 07:03 PM
wow ...thank you all for sharing......did not think I would get much of a response..it's very interesting how poeple come up with there name's..Thank you again for sharing......:)

Sophia KT
07-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Sophia Knox-Thundercliffe

Because I am full of s^&*

matrioshka
07-03-2008, 07:09 PM
It's kind of a complex issue for me. When I first registered here, my alter ego didn't have a name. I still needed a user name for the forum, so I used Matrioshka.

Matrioshka are the Russian nesting dolls, one inside the other. It's a metaphor for my life, one layer inside another, the exterior hiding many different things. Most of the people that know me know nothing about my crossdressing, and I prefer to keep it that way.

It's an odd name to use for a person. In English it would be like naming your kid "Little Mother Doll".

Right now, I'm using Katrina for a femme name. Me and my GG friend spent some time just throwing names around. Trying them on, so to speak. Katrina clicked. Hell, something better may come along, but for now Katrina seems to work.

M/Katrina

bah-bah-bobbie
07-04-2008, 01:34 AM
I never thought of a girl name untill I decided to sign up here (which neccessitated a new email account). So not much thought went into it I'm sorry to say. I chose bobbie because I just watched a show with a hot re-head named bobbie. Bah-bah comes from my email bobbie_blacksheep, in the spirit of The Beach Boys "ba ba ba ba baber ann". Blacksheep because I'm an odd-ball in so many ways that confounds even my family.

whitelace
07-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Sylvia Whitelace....lacy for short

Sylvia = I derived that name from a fictional character in the comics
( Village Voice)

Whitelace = probably from my love of white lacy things

Angela-Russell
07-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Went through the alphabet until I found a name I liked. Took about 5 seconds lol. Now I love being Angela.

KATIE TV
07-04-2008, 04:06 AM
I was named Katie by a lady who ran a dressing sevice about 10yrs ago and I have have used it ever since.

Hilary
07-04-2008, 04:12 AM
I think we had a thread about names once before. If so I will be telling you the same old story.
I was so lucky as this is my real name (middle one) and was given to me by my mother & father. They must have known I would need this name one day so thank you both Mum & Dad

KayR
07-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Mine comes from practical reasons. K is the initial of my first name. I thought that if ever I was out dressed and needed to sign anything (it was before chip and pin), I would be able to simply use my own signature.
I added the R later, for no real reason. I did used to tell people on IRC that it was pronounced Kyer - rhymes with liar!. If they asked where it came from, I told them it was Icelandic!!!:devil:

connie johnson
07-04-2008, 05:18 AM
my wife wanted a maid and she kept referring to the imaginary maid as consuela. when she bought me my maid outfit everything just kinda fell into place. i just shortened it to connie.

Andrea_cd
07-04-2008, 05:40 AM
Mine came from the only person who knows about Andrea , she was my best friend , and she never judged me simply accepted , i wish her family hadnt moved away i miss having someone to talk to

Laura_Stephens
07-04-2008, 05:50 AM
For me, the name Laura sounded soft and feminine. I just liked the sound of it.

kymmieLorain
07-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Well mine is from a manufacturer sales girl we used to buy from while working in copier repair. I saw the name on a invoice.

Funny thing if I was born a girl I would have been Patricia.

Kymmie

jamie55
07-04-2008, 04:16 PM
a derivative of my middle name. It was my nickname when I was very young at least so I've been told. It's also my oldest daughter's name and she is my hero. Her first husband used to beat her and I ended up breaking my wrist on his face one time. Later she got even and beat the hell out of him, but she had to do 18 days in jail for it. A lot of people have expressed thier admiration to her for taking such a drastic stand.

janexx
08-19-2008, 01:34 PM
It's always fascinated me as to how we chose our fem name and what influances brought it about.

Would any of you be kind / brave enough to guide me please.

Love,

Jane - web name Janexx (with the two xx's meaning kisses)

susan fuller
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I always liked the name Susan. I always thought that Susan Hayward was one of the prettiest woman I had ever seen. That is how I choose my name.

CharleneT
08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Its a female variation on my middle name, also my grandmother's name.

C.

Janet Bern
08-19-2008, 02:54 PM
I had a cousin named Janet and always liked the name
Janet

janet p
08-19-2008, 02:54 PM
I took from my 1st girlfriend in high school.:love:

KayR
08-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Its my initial

Sasha Anne Meadows
08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Sasha was the name that came to mind when i first saw myself fully enfemme..added anne to make it more femmie...meadows is the English translation to my last name

Sasha Anne Meadows

janexx
08-19-2008, 03:17 PM
How lovely to always like your name - just the kind of answer I was hoping for.

A real Susan!

I loved my Granny too!!!

Love,

jane

Borrowing a name from someone you like sounds so lovely.

Thank you,

Jane

I took from my 1st girlfriend in high school.:love:
You must have loved here to take her namy, is that true?

Its my initial K, nice one. And how about those stelotoes? long time coming? Hpe so.....

Love jane

Sasha was the name that came to mind when i first saw myself fully enfemme..added anne to make it more femmie...meadows is the English translation to my last name

Sasha Anne Meadows

Sasha, as I come from the UK I am not going to guess your English translation......

Much love

Jane

Sophia de la luz
08-19-2008, 03:23 PM
I always liked the name "Brandy". But after a week or so of being intimate as two women, she thought I needed something softer... Sophia.

janexx
08-19-2008, 03:25 PM
I always liked the name "Brandy". But after a week or so of being intimate as two women, she thought I needed something softer... Sophia.

I cant help thinking she was right - Sophia is a lovely name.

Love, Jane

Crissy Kay
08-19-2008, 03:26 PM
For myself, I just picked the name that I liked, and think goes most with my fem self.

<3Katie<3
08-19-2008, 03:28 PM
i dont know if it is the ie on the ends or what, but i have always liked those names. i just chose katie because both names are great so either one works for me.

Nigella
08-19-2008, 03:57 PM
A natural feminisation of my alter ego, although he is relegated to the closet now :)

Alis McShane
08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Annis is a name I found on Behind the Name. I guess I liked it because it's a take-off of one of my middle names.

tricia_uktv
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Who gives us our names? Our parents.
My Father was Patrick, though everyone called him Pat so Tricia seemed right. My Mother was a singer and had the stage name Margaret Dale. So Tricia Dale.

janexx
08-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Thank you Lisa, that was lovely.

Love, Jane

Christinedreamer
08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
ever sincwe i was a kittle kid i had dreams of being the hero and rescuing the damsel in distress named Christine.

20 yrs later I did just that. I met my ex late one night while drivnng around just goofing off when she was in an escape mode from her abusive home life. Her name? Christine.

She was very open and encouraging when i told her about my dressing.

So when I needed a femme name , Christine was a natural. The website computer added the dreamer as there are already other Christines here.

KeriB
08-19-2008, 05:55 PM
My first chosen name when I started posting here was "Selene.." I chose that name because I loved the character Celine in the movie, "Underworld" (not to mention Kate Beckinsale lol..). But, over time, and partucularly when I started to venture out and meet others, it didn't seem real, i.e. "normal." So I changed my name to Keri, which is a name that I would likely transition to..

Keri is short for Kerridwen, or Cerridwen, the goddess of the Irish lore. I play the online MMORPG Warcraft, and several of the avatars I have rolled,, including my main character, are derived from this name. Hence, the people I play with daily call me 'keri" online already.. so it seemed a good fit. Keri is also more "believable" a name.

But interestingly, I was stumped about names recently. I was registering for the Fantasia Fair and the questionnaire asked for the name I wish to be referred to.. first and last! Wow... never thought about the last name, and frankly I'm not sure that I would want to keep my current one.... Bottom line: take your time, think over lots of names, try them one.. one will eventually come to you that makes you happy.

PamelaTX
08-19-2008, 06:14 PM
When I felt the need for a fem name, I searched back through my memory to find the most beautiful women I had known. There were two, and both of them were named Pamela. I'd been calling myself Pamela for years, and wanted to keep the name here, but I figured there would already be some Pamelas around so I added TX for the great state of Texas, where I live.

Nikki Cox
08-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Nicole Cox was the the name of the Genetic Girl friend that helped me discover my femme side and as a tribute to her, I use her name.

Lori31
08-19-2008, 08:37 PM
I didn't choose my femme name. It was given to me at birth. Only my real name is spelt Lauri. It is of Finnish descent, and there it is a common mans name.

AnnaMaria
08-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I really didn't choose my name it just popped into my head one day out of the blue. It just seemed to fit so I ran with it.

Anna

DeeInGeorgia
08-19-2008, 09:28 PM
I wanted Catherine or Susan, but those were my sister's and wifes names, so I went back to an earlier time when I grew taller than my dad, so I couldn't be called Little David and the family asked me what I wanted to be called and I selected DJ for David Junior. Well for a femme name I selected a derivative of DJ, ie Dee. ANd then after time I decided that Dee was short for Deanna.

Dee

wendy68
08-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Im really not sure. It was the name that has always been on my mind the most since I was young so lt felt natural to take it.--wendy

IMJenn
08-19-2008, 10:15 PM
A friend named me...I told her and from then on she started calling me Jennie...I liked it so it stuck.

Dixie
08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
My soon to be ex-wife picked my name, after all is done I will half to pick a new name. TOO MUCH BITTERNESS to continue on as Dixie:Angry3:

joann426
08-19-2008, 11:24 PM
well i had a aunt ann and i took her name and my first name i thought it just fit me nive so i came up with joann

huggs:love:

Kimberly Marie
08-19-2008, 11:31 PM
The name I picked was the name my mother was going to name me if I would have been born a girl. So I always used it......:)

Claire3
08-19-2008, 11:36 PM
A collegue at work,shes blonde and gorgeous

Tracii G
08-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Tracy is my real name so I just dropped the y and added the i's:o

Charlena
08-19-2008, 11:44 PM
My birth name is Charles thought of Charlene. But then Charlena just clicked.

Proud2Be918
08-20-2008, 12:47 AM
ive always loved the name haley it wasnt the ulternitive name if i was born a girl but i just love the name :)

paula jessica rains
08-20-2008, 01:05 AM
well if i were borne a female i would have been called jessica anyway i used it for as long as i can remember then i ran across more and more jessica's so i added rains to my name to be different i think it works because it is who i am in the inside and yes i am a gaymale who crossdress but i feel like a woman traped in a males body and some of these days i well get that fixed :love:............... godess jessica rains

Carroll
08-20-2008, 06:29 AM
wife choose it for me:)

Sara Jessica
08-20-2008, 08:32 AM
I remember not having given it too much thought at the time but when I attended my first real support group meeting, they asked for my name at the door. I remember getting kind of panickey and they said, no, not your real name, your feminine name. As I sighed with relief, out came Sara. Never really knew anyone with this name before, Sara is simply a name I like. I think it's classy and it has since become an integral part of me, cannot imagine ever changing it.

laura.lapinski
08-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Mine is somewhat a derivitive of my middle name, and I knew a girl I really thought who was nice by that name. Plus I like the way it sounds. It felt like me.

Sweet Cindy
08-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Cindy was the name of by best female friend in high school. I had a major crush on her but she had a boyfriend and actually ended up marrying him.

For the last name, I just wanted something common and generic - part of my paranoia.

jenalex
08-20-2008, 08:48 AM
it used to be Joanna — which was a part anagram from Jonathan (the "th" went into an anagrammatic surname)

but I later changed it to Jennifer — which sounds like Jonathan if you say it fast in a mumbly sort of way

:happy:

Juanita O
08-20-2008, 08:50 AM
I asked my mother what she would have named me if I would have been born a girl. She said my name would have been Juanita, so I am Juanita S.(Sandoval)

Jocelyn Renee
08-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Jocelyn Renee after my first love and Williams is my actual middle name.

bijust4funjax1
08-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Bailey Christina Thomas

Bailey - name of my former love

Christina - name of my first real crush and good friend

Thomas - Some generic run of the mill name, lol

~Bailey

Alis McShane
08-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese feminine form my name.

Michael to Michela

jennifer easton
08-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Always wished mine was Jennifer don't know why, just grew up liking it, Easton well it sounds good to gather, no rime or reason just fit's me I think. Jenni

Michelly
08-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Michelle Charlene (Michelly) Because my name is Michael and my middle is Charles, I just wanted to feminize it to mach my dual personality and feelings. It's so much fun being gurly!:love:

Raven Wynter Rayne
08-29-2008, 01:21 AM
I have always loved crows and ravens (My wife and I have a crow,His name is Edgar Allen crow We just call Him Edgar if you don't like crows and ravens You never meet one!!! they are wonderful animals) My fav season is winter and who does not love rain???( well I love rain) OK I know I spell them different,but I am different!! Also I am part native american and I feel Raven Wynter Rayne sounds native american!!!

karynspanties
08-29-2008, 05:39 AM
Karyn was the name of a friends mom. When I was about 15 I would go over to his house after school. She was a nurse. Now this was back in the late 70's when nurses still wore a white uniform and not scrubs. She was divorced. Anyhoooo, I would go over and she would be getting ready for work. She worked the afternoon shift. She made absolutley no bone about walking around in her white full slip. You could see her panties through her slip. She definately was not bashful. I was crossdressing at that age. Very interested in what she wore. Long story short, I went over one day and my friend was not home, his grandma picked him up for the evening. She invited me in, we talked as she was getting ready. We had done this before. As she was in the bathroom "putting on her face" as she called it, I was in the kitchen and through the doorway into the laundry room I saw her "things" in the laundry basket. Well.......curiosity came over me and I went to take a look. There in the basket was a very pretty white full slip. I picked it up and was holding it up and seeing what it would look like on me when she walked in on me.:o:o
She told me I would look cute in it and if I ever wanted to try it on to let her know. Well I never did :doh: If I could go back in time knowing what I know now......I would have taken her up on it in a split second. So, I guess as a tribute to her in some wierd way, I took her name.

christid66
08-29-2008, 06:30 AM
I was thinking about 'Kay'......first letter of my male name but decided on the name of an ex (without the d66) that I really liked.......the name not the ex.
Still looking for a middle & last name though

KellyCD
08-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Kelly comes from the first girl I remember having a crush on.

Joanne Curl
08-29-2008, 06:11 PM
When I signed up for my first femme email account I had to come up with a name. I had an aunt Joanne and I always thought if I were female I'd look just like her. She wasn't specially attractive but she always looked nice and well put together, just as I envisioned my femme self. Plus my name is Joe so Joanne just fit. The last name Curl is my mother's maiden name and I always thought is was so perfect for a lady. My middle name, Marie< is part of the name my mom would have named me had I been a girl- Janine Marie. Maybe I should be Janine-

Joanne Marie Curl

MarissaSynth
08-29-2008, 08:11 PM
I have a band Synth is in the band name.I also fell in love with a girl fcrom a distane once and i was so happy for her i lost touch with her and still remember her amazing smile.

Rose01
08-29-2008, 08:56 PM
I always just thought the name Rose was pretty.

- Rose

Alice Torn
08-29-2008, 10:05 PM
I have used the name Amazon Alice, then chose Lucille Tall, then Lucille Tallady. At six foot six, no wonder! I may change it again! Love variety.

Pretty Pearl
08-29-2008, 10:53 PM
All through my teenage years my nickname was Pearl, so it was just natural for now.
Pretty Pearl

Danielle Hyatt
08-30-2008, 01:03 AM
My real name is Dan and my fake husbun name is Carl Hyatt so it is Danielle Hyatt.

Your Friend
Danielle:D

azpanties
08-30-2008, 01:20 AM
Mine's Tina Z, because I'm T_ _ in AZ.

Misty_cder
08-30-2008, 02:14 AM
We have a friend who is into the alternative life style and goes by the name Miss V. One day in the car my wife and I started talking about a name for me. My male name begins with D, so the wife said Miss D. Then it went to Misty.

Patricia Johnson
08-30-2008, 05:09 AM
I have always liked the way that Patricia feels on the tongue and i wanted a regular name. Patricia A. Johnson but call me PeeJay.

RobinScott
08-30-2008, 07:03 AM
A lot of cute names, My first was Sharon. I thought of using Pam because I was once in love with a Pam. But I chose Robin because while female enough, it is also acceptable as a male name. I could use it while in drab or not full dress and have to worry if I was passing.

MaxineF
08-30-2008, 11:42 AM
This is a great topic!

Had I come out a GG I would have been called Katlyn however I chose Maxine due to one of my best friends. Very supportive and it's fun to think that part of her is with me.

M

Raven Wynter Rayne
08-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Raven Wynter Rayne was not the first name I used, after I told My wife about My femme side (I did not have a femme name yet) I orderd a catalog from Victoria's Secret and was asked for a name for some reason linda came to mind, and because I still was not shure how My wife would feel I thought I should make it look like a mistake so I added Hammel to it as We hand people living next door with that last name

karezza
08-30-2008, 01:04 PM
I chose my name because it is a lovely word that has a deeper meaning. I came upon it from the study of alternative sexuality. In researching ejaculatory control for spiritual purposes, I came across the work of Alice Bunker Stockham (1833-1912). Male ejaculatory control has been a part of tantric prctice for centuries, but Stockham was one of the first people to introduce the idea in the West.

"Karezza is controlled non-seminal intercourse. The word Karezza (pronounced Ka-ret-za) is from the Italian and means a caress. Alice B. Stockham, M.D., was the first one who applied it as the distinctive name of the art and method of sexual relations without orgasmal conclusion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Bunker_Stockham
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karezza
http://www.luckymojo.com/tkstockhamkarezza.html

Sarah Martin
11-20-2008, 04:19 PM
I started this thread yesterday, but it was one of those lost in the upgrade (and before I'd had a chance to read all the replies). If the admin team will allow, I'd like to re-start the thread.

So, how did you choose your femme name? Is it just a feminisation of your male name? Is it the name of someone you admire? (actress, singer, friend, etc). Did someone choose it for you? ("you look like a 'Mary' when you are dressed"). Have you changed your name over the years as you've grown and found the original name is no longer appropriate? Do you just go by a first name or do you have a first name - surname combination?

So own up girls, why DO you want to be known as "Hattie Penelope Airhead the Third"?

For myself, there has always been a Sarah, Sarah-Ann or Hannah on my mothers side of the family back to the early 1700s (with the exception of the last generation which has more modern names). So choosing Sarah felt 'right' and that I was continuing my female ancestors trait of naming one of their daughters after themselves.

I've been 'Sarah' since I was 9 and 'Sarah Ann Martin' since I was 18.

I'm not sure what this says about the choice of name but my wife thinks it suits me perfectly and that I couldn't be any other name. Just as well, really!

xxx
Sarah

Teri Jean
11-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Sarah,
My name is the Hawaiian equivilant of my real first name. The strange thing is it is also my youngest daughters name, just a little different spelling. Sarah is a very pretty name and it's good to hear from you. Huggs across the pond. Keli

Trinni
11-20-2008, 04:24 PM
My first name (Trinni) and my last name (Which I chose to keep to myself for now) just came to me when I was young and it just felt right. My Middle name (Ann) came to me much later but it also just felt right. I guess I was lucky because I never really had to think about it nor ever debated any other name.

SexyLatexSamantha
11-20-2008, 04:27 PM
For me, my last G/F picked it. I liked Samantha and accepted. It was either that or Angela. The sexy part came about because Samantha was taken on a lot of sites. Latex came from my love of fetish clothing.

Ellie
11-20-2008, 04:42 PM
My girly name came from a couple of inside jokes between my GF and I.

I noticed that when she was around her hillbilly parents/friends she would get all "Ellie Mae Clampett" - saying "Awe shucks" and showing her affection for me with a punch in the arm. This was also the first thing I did to her once dressed so "Ellie" stuck. Adair comes from "Daisy Adair" - the fictional actress on "Dead Like Me" whom I imitated one day and so Adair stuck.

Both have nothing to do with, and are no where near my real name.

p.s. This Halloween I went to the casino as "Ellie Mae Clampett" and got lots of GREAT reactions.

Raya
11-20-2008, 04:44 PM
When I was younger I was really into video games and RPGs. Whenever I could get away with it, I'd pick female PCs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_character). I'd give them all sorts of names, but I eventually settled on Raya (http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Raya.html). It just felt right. Luckily for me, it turned out to be a real name! :heehee:

sometimes_miss
11-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I don't like my given name, and just took a feminine version of the male name that I wanted. I knew a girl called Lexi once, and I guess I would be proud to be like her as well.

Christina Horton
11-20-2008, 06:15 PM
I picked Christina cuz I had a old 64 pontiac 4 door hard top, I loved the movie Christine and so I named my car Christine. Then when I wanted to name myself I wanted that name but since I still had the car I thought it would be weird to have the same name as my car so I named myself Christina. I little change but made me feel good. I think is suits me good. My last name was going to be me real last name , but I figgerd it would be better if I found another one. At frist it was going to be Levina. I had that for awhile. (I got that name from a woman in Reno NV , I call there yard to find out where they are to drop my load) and the lady said her name was Levina. I loved the name so it was my last name untll last year. I went to a web site I saw in the news, And when I got on second Life I could chose my frist name but not my last , I had to look from a list of names and found Horton. I liked it easy to spell and looked good on me . I made my avater and jumped feet frist into the 3d chat site. The more I looked at the name the more I liked it. Well all that was left was to find my middle names I took Serina from Sailor Moon (I love that Cartoon) and Of course Levina SO my hole name is ((((((( CHRISTINA SERINA LEVINA HORTON)))))) I hope you all like it HUGGS.:hugs: :canada:

Oh that web site is www.secondlife.com

pamela_michelle
11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I chose my name because my parents said that name would have been Pamela if I was a girl. I heard this often too. I always wondered if they really wanted a girl first instead of a boy. I choose Michelle for my middle name because my real first name is Michael.

linnea
11-20-2008, 07:37 PM
On several occasions, my mother told me the name she would have given me if I had been born a girl, but I didn't really want to go with that name (Elizabeth). It's not that I don't like the name; actually, I think that it's a lovely name.
However, I wanted my name to be a little different, so I came up with it for that and other reasons. "Linnea" is not a particularly common name, not at least in the United States. I chose it as a variation of the name of a great Swedish taxonomist, Linnaeus. I have had an interest in biology for a long time, and when I first read about Linnaeus I was fascinated with his career. Since his latinized name was Linnaeus Carolus, I decided to take the name Linnea Carol, but I go by just "Linnea."

kristinacd55
11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
I thought I answered b4, but here goes. I picked Kristina after a reporter on the Weather Channel: Kristina Abernathy.

sarahluv74
11-20-2008, 09:10 PM
i have just always liked the name sarah. i think it gives extra special feel to add the h on the end

Dragster
11-20-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't yet use a femme name; I'm waiting (very patiently) for my wife to become more comfortable wirth me CDing, because I want her to take a part in chosing it. I'd suggest "Jo-An" to her, as the first letters of my male names, John Anthony; she might be more comfortable with a male connection.

Tony

ChristinaFoxx
11-21-2008, 08:39 AM
If your given name was gender neutral would it be easier?

Example: Carmen, Jody, Chris, Ashley.

I ask because I could still use my name just change the legal form first and middle. Example: Christian David Jones (goes by Chris) Could change to Christina Dana Jones and go by Christina or Chris.

Vivian Best
11-21-2008, 10:46 AM
I didn't settle on one specific name for many years. I jumped from one to another to another not keeping the same one very long. I opened a post office box and I needed a female name so I could have clothes I ordered delivered to it. I admired my mother in law very much so I just took her name and I have become Vivian Best to the depth of my being. I've been Vivian for over twenty years and I would not consider changing to anything else.

tanyalynn51
11-21-2008, 11:59 AM
As long as I can remember, I felt like Tanya. When I posted stories on Storysite for a while, I couldnt just be Tanya, as it had been taken, so I went to Tanyalynn, and kinda stuck with it.

Janie Gunn
11-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I experimented a bit with made up names to do with my middle name and last name, but when I saw some tranny names on dvd's I realised how lame those names were, so it then came down to Janie Gunn (Janies Got A Gun), Rosie Lotta (Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC) or Bad Valentine (Transvision Vamp).

Pernille Tiratzo
11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
My name was given me by my SO. She was joking about it one day i was dressed "you are more girly than a Barbie doll. Not even she will spend 4 hours in front of the mirror!" The firs wig i had was a Barbie blond one, she bougt it to me. And she started calling me that after that evening. At first i did not like it but she felt it was not as scary as a regular name. This was for her comfort. Later I had the name Tiratzo in an online game and i started using it. I like it because it`s a bit Italian, and I love Italien design, food etc..

Charlotte Sometimes
11-21-2008, 08:36 PM
My name is sort of the feminine version of my male name and provides me with the same initials. Also from a song by Depech Mode titled Charlotte Sometimes and since I only dress sometimes this was perfect

Marjory
11-21-2008, 11:24 PM
That's easy, it was supposed to be my name if I was a girl. I just changed the ie to a y.

joann426
11-21-2008, 11:42 PM
i got my name from my aunt (anna and my first name so i got joann just pick them from aunts and uncles:love:

txrobinm
11-22-2008, 01:15 AM
My male middle name became my last name and my feminized first name. I have also known very pretty Michelles ever since elementary school.

I think it rather odd that we choose our own names here (Tolkien would say that's unlucky), and feel it's best to be named by those who know us (perhaps even better than ourselves) and love us. If I remember correctly, this is true of many tribal cultures- the child isn't named (or isn't given an adult name) until coming of age. I am open to changing mine if someone special to me sees me differently.

I have considered Amanda also, as it could be a German-English word play "a man there", translating "there" to "da" and smashing it all together to make one name.

April Simmons
11-22-2008, 11:02 AM
April after the great April Ashley

have fun reading:

http://www.antijen.org/Aprilv1/

Kisses,

April

Elizabeth2-
11-22-2008, 01:16 PM
It was one of the proposed names when my gender was undetermined. It was my aunt's name. I have always loved the name and am collecting items with that name.

sallyjones
11-22-2008, 01:35 PM
funny story, i lived in nw fla and there was a resturant called tiajuana flats, where they have lots of different hot sauces. one of the sauces was called smack my ass and call me sally so it became an inside joke for when my GF smacked my ass she would call me sally. when i finally came out to her(which shes totally cool with) she said your name should be Sally.

Alana65
11-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Mine is just a feminine variation of my middle name (Alan).

Lori A
11-23-2008, 12:45 AM
The first time I played Little League baseball they spelled my name Stephen on my jersey. Mom said that is how she had wanted to spell it on my birth certificate, so I accepted it because I loved my mom. But after they divorced and dad re-married, I still had that shirt and wore it around her and since she used me as her "Little Maid" she started calling me "Stephanie". A name that I would still use except that my second wife named my youngest daughter that while I was in Gulf War I. So I had to choose another girly name.
I was sweet on a girl named Lori in the first grade, and had a step-cousin named Lori, and it is close to my middle name, so that's why I use it.

Ballerina
11-23-2008, 01:59 AM
When I was testing the waters with my GF, I would threaten to wear tights and a tutu and call myself "Sally". She'd protest and threaten to shaver her head and call herself "Merv" (ya... messed it up on my screen name). I don't really like the name Sally, but I'll keep it for sentimental reasons :)

VictoriaP
11-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Just seemed like it was meant to be, I never really thought about it, it just was!

lynette135
11-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Lynette came down over my life span ~ From Male named as Leonard and then chose as a nic name from my Granny to Lennie. Then to Lynette to keep the family name Hunter.
Middle name was Dean and there for Deann. Hugs and love to all
Lynette

Lois1234
11-23-2008, 06:37 PM
I picked mine because it is very similar to my male name, close enough that i was called Lois quite often as a child because they thought my male name was mis-spelled...Loic vs Lois

Lois

Jen F
11-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I choose mine because it is the name of my first GF.:)

angelfire
11-25-2008, 07:09 PM
I chose the name Jessica because it was the name of my first crush, back in grade school. Ever since then I have liked the name.

Douglas27
11-25-2008, 08:08 PM
I really have never thought of chosing a name. I have never been sure about it, just as I had to be very cautious about dressing. Is that wrong? Should I have thought of a name by now?

Always Susan
11-27-2008, 07:04 AM
I was given this name by the girl next door when we would play dressup. So I've always thought of myself as Susan.

kellyanne
11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Mine is from my only real GF - bless her she was a sweetie.

krissy
11-27-2008, 02:55 PM
love your lips krissy

Aurora27
11-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Mine just popped into my head while driving one day, and as I thought about it I realised there were several layers of metaphor in it. Its a powerful image reflecting how powerful I sometimes feel, and the shifting colours and patterns reflect my ever evolving personality and emotions. Thus I kept it.

Epi Cene
11-27-2008, 06:16 PM
A variation of the word "epicene"

Dictionary definitions below:

1 noun : having but one form to indicate either sex
2 a: having characteristics typical of the other sex :
3: lacking characteristics of either sex

1. belonging to, or partaking of the characteristics of, both sexes:

5. Grammar. (of a noun or pronoun) capable of referring to either sex

1. Belonging to or having the characteristics of both the male and the female

Bekka
11-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Rebekah Jones: Rebekah was a girl I went to primary school with, she was very sensitive and easily upset, whenever she cried I would feel very bad for her. I also love the fact that the meaning of Rebekah is ‘to bind’. Jones comes from the old TV series ‘Take a letter Mr Jones’, there was always something about the gender role swap of the show that interested me for some reason :)

rachael.davis
11-29-2008, 12:42 AM
I think I have always been Rachael Katherine

SherylynJade
11-29-2008, 03:38 AM
I picked Salenna after two different fictional characters.
Sellene from Underworld and Saleena Kyle from Batman. Both to me were strong, beautiful women who would not be controlled by any man.
Jade came from Mara Jade, a Star Wars character who I really admire

Intertwined
11-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Mine came naturally, and have been accidently called it over the years.

My real name is Marshall :p

Loose the " L L "

Walla " Marsha " :wave:

LisaLeggs2
11-29-2008, 02:13 PM
My mother once said if she had a girl it would be Lisa Jennifer so here I am :D

Kerrylee61
11-29-2008, 02:21 PM
For some dumb reason I chose Kerry Lee years ago and have used it so long that to change it now would be totally confusing to my friends. If I'd have thought of it at the time it would have been Denise the femme version of my drab name.

Kerry Lee aka Denise

MWCMDarlene
11-29-2008, 06:06 PM
I too thought I had responded once before. But if not, here it is:

Sometimes, when my wife calls me on the phone, I will answer (using Robin Williams' voice in "Mrs. Doubtfire"), "HHHEEELLLOOOOOO!" My wife will always answer back, "Well hello Darlene!" So, My Wife Calls Me Darlene, hence, MWCMDarlene.

trisha11
11-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Girls,
I never really gave much thought to having a girly middle name. One night me and my sexy GG friend decided to come up with a middle name for me. Well girls here it is, please tell me what you think.

Trisha Simone

I think it is completely sexy and hot, what are some of your thoughts and some of your girly middle names?
trisha

Sandra Dunn
11-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Sounds good to me, kinda like the sci-fi movie title and character.

My full name is MRS. Sandra Fay Dunn, I gained the MRS this last June.

HUGS MRS. Sandra Fay Dunn

Joan Merrie
11-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Mine is Joan Marrie. I had the Joan, my loving wife added the Marrie:hugs:

catriona36
11-30-2008, 09:48 AM
catriona cos i like the name
Anastasia cos i do have some russian blood and i like to think :heehee: never mind lol
stabi cos is part of the name of something i would love to own lol
so i am me, Ms Catriona Anastasia Stabi :)
:heehee::daydreaming::battingeyelashes:

Carole Cross
11-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I think mine is because I like the name and it sounds similar to my male name - Darrel

tammie
11-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi All: Well my femme name is close to my real name and

as I was told once by a moderator (nothere) that, "half of all

the crossdressers in the world use Tammy".

Emma26
11-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Emily is the name my mom would have given me had I been born biologically female.

Emma is the name I'm called between my friends and girlfriend. (mainly because there are many other Emily's. XD)

Salene
11-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I race Mustangs so I took the name "Salene" from the Saleen Mustang. heh, I'm a dork, I know.

sinead
12-01-2008, 01:57 PM
being Irish and needed a name not taken in my family so it came down to Guinness or sinead, as a lover of guinness have to admit it isnt very feminine:drink:

maid phylis
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
dear marie.thats exactly how i got my name ,my mother had phylis picked out for me had i been a girl.:love:phylisanne

tamigams
12-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Tammy was and still is one of my favorite waitresses. I had never had the opportunity to actually meet someone with that name. It's always a rush to say her name out loud. I cloned Gams to an abbreviated Tami because it's my strongest feature and viola, Tamigams was created. I gravitated to Tami due to it's unquestionably femme sound. No mincing genes or quasi gender doubts... it's completely a female name and therefor I wanted it.

Maxi
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
I have been known as Maxi, due to my extreme hobby. It was only fitting I use it.

Carole Anne Allen
12-01-2008, 10:37 PM
:ukflag: I think I have answered this question before in another thread, but here goes:
I was told by my mother that, if I had been born a girl, I would hve been called Carole. So I took Carole as my given name (we all get given our names at birth, we don't choose them normally).
Anne I chose as my middle name because I liked it, and I thought that it went well with Carole- it helps to distinguish me from all the other Caroles!
Allen is my real surname, and so there it is- Carole Anne Allen. I think it flows well. :battingeyelashes:

susancheerleader
12-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Mine is the name of the first girl I had a BIG crush on. And, since then, I've always loved the name "Susan" and when it came time for me to pick a name for myself, I naturally chose Susan.

The girl I had a crush on, wasn't a cheerleader. I added "Cheerleader" because I love watching cheerleaders with their dances, stunts, chants, and of course the uniforms. Put it all together, and it's magic. :)

SusanCheerleader....... :love:

NewDresser
12-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I just came up with mine a couple days ago. I wanted a name that wasn't already in use by any of my friends or family so I spent hours looking at websites for parents to pick thier daughters name's and I kind of liked the name Caitlin. After using it in a chatroom it stuck.

~Caitlin

Jenny Doolittle
12-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Jenny Doolittle...........Hmmmmmmmmm well 7 years ago when I began chatting, I liked the name Jenny because of a story in Fictionmania by Monica Icon, called "30 days to Jenny". I used the name "Jenny10" using my fav. number. But, I hated so many perves hitting on me thinking I was a 10 year old little girl........yucky!!!

After thinking a long time I chose the last name Doolittle, taken from Dr. Doolittle the movie and more importantly from the "Push Me Pull Me". I say that because I was at a point where I felt that internally I was being pushed and pulled in opposite directions due to my desire to be Jenny.

I am so happy now about who I am. I thank the many many friends I have gained over the years who have been my salvation. So, If I am talking to one of you, Thank U so much!!!

Jenny Doolittle

Kaitlyn_Denise
12-02-2008, 07:26 PM
I was looking for a good name and Kaitlyn just stood out among all the other names. I discovered that it means 'pure' and I love it!

Lois
12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Hello!
After many years as, first Mandy, and then Helen, about 15 years ago I chose LOIS LACE - easy to type - a play on words (Lois Lane) - and named for a woman of the '50s - the golden era of feminine clothes and undies. And there you have it!
Aren't you glad you asked!!???
Lois

Sammy777
12-04-2008, 02:22 AM
From the " How did you find (YOUR) Fem Name????" thread.

Funny thing is before finding this place I never though of giving myself a name.

I started thinking & decided to not use a name that was already "taken" by family, friends, old girlfriends, ect.
I though it would be weird to come out to someone I knew & when/if asked what my name was, to tell them it was the same as theirs. Even if the reason for picking it was not because of them.

I have always liked the name Samantha
and other girls names that tend to get shortened to guys names.
I have a few GG friends who only go by the shortened guy version of their names.

So after thinking I drifted away from the name & ended up coming back to it in the end.

My last name is part of my Scottish side.
Its usually spelled MacCormack or McCormack, But I like the Irish spelling McCormick better.

I really didn't think to much about a middle name at first.
Not many fit,but I ended up with Ann.
It is a middle name that a lot of my family has used.

Funny thing happen that I didn't plan on, lol
I always liked my first name Samantha.
I came up with my last name McCormick by chance.
And added the family middle name Ann later.

Now put it together: Samantha Ann McCormick
And my Initials turn out to be S.A.M.
I though that was rather funny.

martha mars
12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
WOW i got my name from my dad 56 years agao i like it so i keep as my fem name not even close to my given name :love::brolleyes::):)

Rochelle Exploration
12-05-2008, 06:48 AM
I may be a little long winded here but I think it’s a good story and it only took 18 years. I promise it’ll get told quicker than that though….lol.

Now that I know I am Rochelle, it seems easier. Not only have I been acknowledging and growing on my own, but also I’ve been opening up. Really for the first time allowing others in to see the real me it feels so good to share. It truly is a weight off my shoulders. I’m walking taller with my chest out further and I suspect with a little more sway…lol.

Now you ask, girl what happened 18 years ago that you should have paid attention to?

It was at that time that I was studying a lot of metaphysics. All part of my journey and I had come to know a couple of gifted psychics. Always trying to present the appearance to everyone that every thing was okay I never sought counsel from them. Then one evening I had taken a friend to see them and she asked of them when would I find the happiness I deserved?

At first I froze. How could she let on that I might need help? I was momentarily angry but after one of the psychics gave a response and the second concurred adding to the diagnosis I felt a peace. It was one of those calm, warm, serene moments when you know everything is okay, everything will be better and that what you had just learned was absolutely the truth. I knew it instantly, but did not understand it.

What was it they told me? I’ll never forget those words.

You will find true happiness when you come to know Rochelle. She will unlock the secrets, open up your heart and inspire you to heights you’ve only dreamed of.

The second advisor then concurred, saying yes Rochelle! Rochelle is it. When you come to be with Rochelle your life will never be the same. You’ll enjoy life as it was intended.

Not only did I feel the immediate confirmation, but also so did my friend Diane. She was wide eyed and said she had goose bumps and knew we needed to start looking for Rochelle.

So I searched and a series of failed relationships over the years followed.

It wasn’t until last month that I truly realized I had known Rochelle since I was at least five years old. It had been a particularly horrendous day in the career field.

All I could do was grin and bear it at the time but obviously I was quite frustrated, angry and feeling isolated. I came home ripped my necktie off and couldn’t get out of my suit quick enough. I was pacing about knowing I needed something.

It was then I walked into the closet (a literal one this time ..lol) and pulled on a pair of flowery pink hip hugging panties, a pink lacy bra and satiny black robe. At first I didn’t realize why I needed to dress so quickly but as I went and stretched out on the sofa, adjusting the belt on my robe, catching a glimpse of my cleavage, I smoothed the robe and revealed just a bit of my bra. I was smiling. I had whisked away the troubles of the day and felt better and pretty.

I sat for several hours pondering, praying, wondering and wishing. At some point there was that moment of self-realization of why I felt better. I knew I couldn’t feel good about anything or anyone until I felt good about myself. At that moment I felt good about myself.

Into my head I suddenly heard the words of those two visionaries from 1990. You will find true happiness when you come to know Rochelle. She will unlock the secrets, open up your heart and inspire you to heights you’ve only dreamed of. Yes Rochelle! Rochelle is it. When you come to be with Rochelle your life will never be the same. You’ll enjoy life as it was intended.

I then came to realize my name is Rochelle.

guardian832
12-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Picked mine (Michelle) because it seemed to be harmonious with my male name; after all, peaceful co-existence is SO nice.:D

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Mine started out when chat rooms first started. A female friend of mine created an account because we were bored and just wanted to mess with people online. I really didn't have a name picked out and with nobody knowing the account, since I was the one with the password, I started exploring around under the name Cindy. We used Cindy because it was the first name to pop in my head- as in Cindy Brady. I thought Miller sounded cool and fitting behind it, so the name is actually Cynthia Miller.

Over the years, I've had exgirlfriends (dated at the time) try to give me a "better" name. There's been Brynn and Caitlyn, but I keep coming back to Cindy.

Amanda_Robinson
12-06-2008, 01:22 AM
I chose my first name just because I liked it.
The last name I borrowed from an old friend of my wife who I have always thought of as naturally beautiful. :daydreaming:

DinaMature
12-06-2008, 02:49 AM
It uses my masculine first initial.

It was the name of a girl next door in grade school. Strangely, she was a tom boy at the time.

It's sweet and simple, not androgenous.

At differant times I'd played with name ideas and it was recurring. I've recently struck up an email echange with a new friend, Emma. As she presented herself, I quickly realized I needed to have a name, NOW. Dina is what immediately snapped to mind, I grabbed a hold --- and I love it. Perrrrffffect!!

Brenda2246
12-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Brenda Lorraine

Brenda - name of a wonderful girl who was plus size (Like me!)

Lorraine - the name of the love of my life

:)

Hugs Brenda

brookalicious
12-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Boy, I might be letting on too much personal information, but oh well. Honestly is the best policy... (yeah right!)

My wife is bisexual... VERY bisexual. Brooke is the name of one of her girlfriends who is completely enamoured with my wife, but ambivalent towards me. Talk about frustrating! Brooke is tall, thin, and has a great rack. I'd love to spend a day in her body. So there.

:devil:

janexx
12-07-2008, 06:35 PM
I was having a little light therapy and was told I had a Heart Protector at a time when my emotional heart was under some pressure. As things went on it was sugested I gave "her" a name - hence Jane, I know not why I chose that except I have alwaus liked names with no dimunitive - my drab name is so. Later when I needed a net name I added xx - as in Janexx - the xx stands for Kiss, Kiss.

So if you like I am now Jans, kiss, kiss. Janexx. and loving it!

Love to you all,

Janexx

nausheen
12-08-2008, 08:45 AM
my wife gave me this name

Jacqueline Hyde
12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Jacqueline is the name of an author whose work I absolutely adore. I even have a tattoo similar to the main character.

SarahSouth
12-08-2008, 04:34 PM
It was easy for me - I always wanted to be Sarah

captain-kirsten
12-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Hi yall,
I picked my name from being called Captain as in Star Trek Kirk. The Kirsten came from almost my first name and just always liked the sound of it. Truthfully i wasn't sure if I could go through with this web site and just picked it because of I could remember the darn thing. lol My mind or memory aint as good as it used to be

michelle harris
12-09-2008, 02:09 AM
mine came frm my 2nd wife ,, michelle,, she got me into dressing some what,,but before,,,,, i dressed on a dare(bet )frm a ex sister in law (frm #1 wife)
to go to a club ,,,, come to find out ,,, i could pass,,, any way that put on the bunners ,, untill # 2 she would dress me up in makeup and her nities ,, for bed time,, ( she was bi ) wow what a home run ,,, 3rys later we split ,,, she had a problem with drinking,,,bummed ,,, now its closet time

Andi
12-09-2008, 02:16 AM
My story is simple. Andi is the female spelling for the male name Andy. It was available on this site so I requested it and luckily got it. Now I don't need to worry about what name to go by, I'll always answer to "Andi".

jessielee
12-09-2008, 06:31 PM
picked femme form of birth name because i answer to it and it's me. all my life people looked for a girl or a boy when they saw my name so this is fitting.
also "wealthy" or "gift/grace of God" are meanings i can live with.
not "jessies" as in leather thongs used in falconry,
my father wanted to name me "Harold" after him and my mother said "no way," bless her heart!
always heard a girl when i heard my name...
jessie

Persephone
12-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Hi! My screen name is Persephone because the rules on this forum wouldn't let me be *, the name I had on the two previous forums that I participated in (the CDDF and Steve's replacement of that forum). And while Persephone isn't actually a *, there is an asteroid named in her honor.

But my real name is Barbara. I've never been completely sure why, especially since I later realized that there was a girl in my high school class whose name, Barbara L..., is exactly the same, but I don't think I conciously named myself after her.

It was more that Barbara in Latin means "strange woman" or "foreign woman," and I figured that was a pretty good description of me!

Carla4Guage
12-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Easy enough, fem of my first name.

Persephone
12-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Hi! My screen name here is Persephone, Greek Goddess of Earthly fertility as well as Queen of the Underworld. For many years on other crossdressing boards I was known as * but the rules here prohibit me from using that. Persephone doesn't actually have a heavenly * named in her honor, but she does have an asteroid.

My real world name is Barbara, from the Latin for "strange woman." I kinda figured that fit! Later I came to realize that there was a girl in my high school with the same full name, Barbara L... , but I do not believe I conciously named myself after her, although I still have her high school swimsuit.

sharli61
12-11-2008, 03:16 AM
Just a take off from one of my nicknames and added grad year because the sharli is fairly common and could not use it in some instances because someone else had already signed up

ErikaLeigh
12-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I just liked the name Erika and so I took it. :D The Leigh is the femme of my middle name, Lee, so I merged the 2 as my screen name because Erika was already taken.

tanyacd
12-14-2008, 02:28 AM
someone picked it out for me. Ive thought about changing it a couple times to something i wanted, but it seems to have stuck... for now. hehe

Heather613
12-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Heather is one of the most lovely names I have ever heard and I knew that it embodied all that was feminine about me.

ColleenShivas
12-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Because it is Irish for the girl in me. Shivas, because of the spirit in me.

AmandaT
12-18-2008, 01:41 AM
For me Amanda just felt right. I had never really thought of that name for myself before, but
when I heard it, I just knew that was my name. :)

phoebe72
12-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Phoebe Rachael - I picked this to match the initials of my male name (this also meant I wouldn't have problems signing my name as my signature is my initials followed by surname). As to why I chose those names I do remember a TV program many many years ago where a newly born child was named Phoebe and I thought it was a nice name. Later I discovered that Phoebe was in Greek Mythology the name of one of the Titanides (female Titans) who was the original Greek goddess of the Moon. This is appropriate as I am Cancerian (not that I believe in astrology) and they are meant to be governed by the Moon. Further Phoebe is the outer satellite of Saturn that is in a retrograde orbit (i.e. orbits the other way round) which is perfect as I am certainly going against the societal norms.

As for Rachael I couldn't find a better femme name with R that went well with Phoebe. I chose the Irish spelling as I have Irish blood in me.

Please note I chose my name before the TV show Friends existed.

Elizebeth
12-19-2008, 10:36 AM
It was the first girl I had a crush on in elementary school.

arieluk
12-20-2008, 05:21 PM
From a photo of a girl I saw in a newspaper once, a stunning pettite brunette, perfectly formed, my ideal figure for a woman, with a beautiful face,(everything I am not, but would like to be :daydreaming:) and a beautiful name to match.

Love to you all. Ariel :love:

nicole123
12-20-2008, 06:20 PM
If I would had been born female my name would have been Elisabeth Nicole.

shannon32
12-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Shannon is the name of my childhood name for myself as a girl or my sister (one in the same maybe) :battingeyelashes:

corynn
12-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Real name =Corey
efemme= corynn

phoebe72
12-21-2008, 04:02 AM
I forgot to mention that I would have been called Michelle if I was born a girl but I never liked that that name.

MsRickiCder
12-21-2008, 06:20 AM
Since my name is Richard, I have been called all of the various forms of that name; richie, rich, dick, even chard, rick. So, being used to looking when any and all forms of my name are heard, and the fact that there so so many female variations of that name; ricki(as in Lake), I decided that Ricki seemed to suit me...and Ms Ricki...seemed even better...Now you know everyone has to have a last name(if not a middle one also), so I took a play on ethnic culture and took my last name and put an Italian(warm romantic )twist on it as Ricki (of the) De and my last name, italianized Kova...and be hold: Ms Ricki DeKova was born.:o

countrygirl
12-21-2008, 09:50 PM
I took mine female name Amanda, from Lonesome Dove the TV Series....

beam47
12-22-2008, 03:47 AM
i was talking to an other xdresser and he asked under what name i went , never given it a thought , so i did think for a minute and the name rhianon popped up in my brain that's how it started

~*Francine*~
12-22-2008, 04:42 AM
My real name is Francis, most people call me Frank but quite often people play with my name and call me Francine so even tho I'm not really a fan of the name I go by it and dream they're talking to the real me.

Kathleen Ann Trees
12-22-2008, 04:05 PM
I've always liked "K" names. Kate. Kelly. Kathy. Karla.... etc.

Kathleen just has a touch of the formality and dignity that I like. It's fine if those who know me would be comfortable calling me Kath, Kathy, Kate, Kay. But Kathleen is where it starts.

Ann is just a simple middle name that complements Kathleen. It makes for a nice monogram (if you don't put the last name in the middle.)

Trees is a nice nature based name. It also brings visions of transitions from season to season. Leafy summer, colorful autumn, structured winter, and flowery spring. It seemed appropriate.

Best to all,
Kathleen Ann Trees

Sherrii
12-23-2008, 08:32 PM
My girlfriend picked mine. Sherrii. I sort of decided the spelling so it would not duplicate another Sherry, Sherri, etc.

Jonianne
12-24-2008, 04:32 AM
Joni is a derivitive of my real name Johnny and Anne comes from my favorite character in the book "Anne of Green Gables".

Cissy Chiana
12-24-2008, 06:08 AM
Chiana is the character I most identify with in Farscape :) Ok, so the character's a man-eating trollop with less scrupples than a bitch in heat but what's not to like about the name?

Toni_Lynn
12-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Mine came about as a combination of the girl version of my boy name, which is where we get Toni from, and a name that is both boy and girl, Lynn. I have used Toni (with an i) as aboy at times, though. I like doing that.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

RachelPortugal
12-24-2008, 11:49 AM
I had been dressing for a number of years without even thinking about having a girlie name, after all I was still a guy and had no wishes to change sex and there were no online communities in the 80's.

Then on a winter weekend break to Brighton my wife, whose tolerance to my TV lifestyle changes with the seasons, suggested we go shopping together en femme. I did not have much of a femme wardrobe with me, but all my jeans and panties are femme anyway. So with nails varnished, subtle make-up on eyes and lips, skinny jeans, baggy top and pumps I was ready to go shopping to add to my femme wardrobe.

Then my wife said, "You need a girls name, I cannot call you Ray." So, Rachael was chosen because a mistaken calling of Ray could be extended to Rachael.

Becca_Ia
12-24-2008, 02:38 PM
I lifted my name from a genetic girl that closely matched my personality. Now if only I looked more like her!!

TSchapes
12-24-2008, 08:54 PM
I picked the name Tracy when I started my blog. I had a name for my feminine self a long time ago, it was Michelle but I never felt Michelle was me. I think for a name to ring true you have to be called by that name.

Since I started my blog, participated on the message boards and went to SCC, I've been called Tracy a lot. I finally feel I'm Tracy and it's a good feeling.

So how did I decide on Tracy Schapes? The last name of Schapes is a variation on a family name. My 4th great-grandfather who was German had a last name similar to Schapes. He was born before 1810 in Lower-Saxony a province in Germany. He lost his last name to his wife's last name because the family farm was in her name. That was the tradition. It was more important to keep the farm's name than the male surname. So to honor him, I used his surname that was replaced by a woman's, and replaced my male name with his, so that I could create a female name. Does that make sense?

The name Tracy I picked because it was an androgynous name from the 1960's. That's truthfully how I feel, neither exclusively male nor female. Since I was born in the 1950's I figured I have already taken ten years off my age with that name!

The combination of the two names sounds like "Tracing Shapes" which to my way of thinking is what I'm trying to do. Trace the shape of a woman on my male frame.

Hope this clears up the mystery and shows that I think about things way too much!

Love, Tracy

janetcd2
12-25-2008, 12:14 AM
my girlfriend renamed me to AVsissy to show I belong to her

Lisa Pomeroy
12-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Lisa for a pretty girl my mom gushed about when I was five...I wanted to be near her, and I wanted to be her too it seems...Hillary (middle name) for what I would have been named if I had been born a girl...Pomeroy which was my alias in a strange three-way note-based flirtation in HS...my best friend (male) and I trading notes with a gorgeous girl named Cynthia...and now I sense I was flirting with him as much (or more than) with her...

All of which I just knew when first asked. Amazing to have been carrying all that around for so long without having been consciously aware of it.

Lisa

courtneyjo
12-26-2008, 05:46 AM
I've always loved the name Courtney. It seemed natural to adopt Courtney as my femme name. :)

marcia-subcd
12-27-2008, 07:34 AM
took mine from really hot sexy TS I saw on a porn video

diane51
12-27-2008, 10:21 PM
I really fell for a girl in college named Diane. Everything about her was pure feminine, the way she appeared, walked, talked, laughed, and most importantly the way she dressed. She was everything Diane. I associate her name with feminine beauty and deciced that was going to be my name.
Diane

cd_Sissy
12-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi,
My name is Sissy, I'm new here, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. My xboyfriend named me, which is the man that helped me see what I am and what I love. From having sex with him as his woman, and him wanting me dressed in a dress or skirt when with him. I did feel strange at first, but after a few times dressing up, I began to like it more and more, till now I'd rather be in a dress or skirt than in pants.

Sissy

LittleJohn
12-29-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm very unsure with if im exactly a crossdresser or trangender, as unsure I am with my name. So it's not really set in stone.

At first it was Vanessa. After my i guess you would call "highschool sweetheart". We went through so much together, and she really helps me out with crossdressing. But I found it really weird to be named after my best friend.

So Now it's Jordan Love. To express my 2 favorite things in life.. music and sexuality.

Love from Courtney Love, the hot wife of the sexy kurt kobian!! And Jordan from Jordan Capri, my favorite porn star when I was younger XD.

But I still don't feel complete. I think Jordan might be alittle to preppy of a name. I like the netrual sexuality of the name though.

I'm liking the name Racheal (since my mom would have named me that if I was a girl.)

So confused. >.<

jenniferTgurl
12-29-2008, 11:38 PM
I arrived at this name like this; Jennifer... was the name of the first girl I dated on a regular basis.
Morris.... is my actual middle name
Lynn....it just sounded good with the other two

jessica19cd
12-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Jessica was the name my parents were gonna give me if I was born a girl. And I like the way it sounds, hahaha.

Julie01
12-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I like the name Julie, I guess its cause it feels like me. It's who I've always known I am.

Petra Bellejambes
12-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Petra is quiet close to my guy-name. It easy to answser to. Plus, you are usually the only Petra in the room ....

Claire3
12-31-2008, 01:34 PM
mine is becos ive got the hots for her at work,and i love the name

Katrina red nails
12-31-2008, 05:07 PM
When i first signed up it was my aim to be katrinaluvsrednails but somehow the katrina got deleted and i don't know how to change it if indeed it is possible to change it. The Katrina part dates back years to a girl i used to work with who wore the highest heels i had ever seen and the tightest pencil skirts. My male name begins with a k too.

Shadowtrap
12-31-2008, 10:02 PM
I come from maybe a different playground. I chose the name Shadow because I emulate a girl I deeply respect. The ending is just a slang term for a guy that can pass as a girl.

riversky309
01-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I picked my name for the first girl that caught my eye when I was very much younger. She was cute, with long dark hair. I fell in love with her and then found out she was my cousin. I had to let her go, but I never forgot her, so my female name is a tribute to her memory, 50 years later. This is the first time I shared that with anyone. Linda.

Sissy_Michelle
01-01-2009, 02:43 PM
My wife likes the name "Maxine" so she called me that and it stuck. :o

AlisonErinMarietti
01-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Alison: If I were born female, my name would have been "Alice". I've also always enjoyed Alice In Wonderland. "Alison" was a good merge of "Son" and these two sources.

Erin: This was my second choice.

Marietti: "Marie" is a middle name my family passes along through the women, its' italian inflection comes from my love of many things Italian.

:D

Melora
01-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Rasputina , Has Always been my favorite Band!!
And their Lead Singer And Chelloist.. Melora
Soo, There fore I am MELORA.. OR Katie..
I Named myself Katie After Kate Buch!!

BobbiJ
01-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Oh, mine's so dull and boring...

I was baptized Robert, and my middle name is Joseph. I knew couple of people with the last name of Joseph, and Bob easily became Bobbi, especially since i'd have been named Roberta had i been born a girl.

Maybe i'll change the last name someday, but i kind of like Bobbi.

Kendra08
01-01-2009, 11:39 PM
My male name is Ken and I knew a Kendra that let me borrow some of her clothes for a halloween party years ago so I just decided Kendra works for me.

aprilhearn
01-02-2009, 04:12 AM
While growing up though school I always liked the name April. Was so jellos of the girls who had that name.

Yazna
01-02-2009, 12:56 PM
I pick up mine "YAZNA" from a beautiful girl playing a romantic role in a soap opera!

Anne-Marie
01-04-2009, 02:57 PM
At first I was going to call myself Lisa-Marie. I love this name and thought that the meanings suited me (Lisa from the Hebrew meaning My god is a vow or consecrated to god and Marie also from Hebrew meaning Star of the sea.)

But I wanted a name I could use all the time - planning to do a deed poll change. I buy lots of girly clothes mail order and collect from royal mail sorting office as the postie likes to play knock a door run away so I have to attend to collect stuff. Using my given name on some auction sites identified me as a CD and I felt uncomfortable with this. Also I didn't want to continue using my male given name (Barry - which I kinda like) as I'm now spending much more time el femme.

Also need to be able to provide ID when collecting stuff so thought of a name that was used by both genders - The ID will show Leslie A Smith, bank account and all official things will be the same. If I had been a girl (that old cherry) I would have been Lesley - Anne (Lesley from galeic meaning holly garden, easy to change this to the unisex Leslie and Anne-Marie as their was a girl at school called Anne-Marie and I thought it was kinda cute (Anne meaning favoured grace and Marie as mentioned above) If I had been a GG then Anne would have been part of my name anyway so it became Leslie Anne-Marie and I'm happy with this. I can use Leslie when I need to present as msculine but when I'm in my increasingly common el femme mode its Anne-Marie which I think is nice and fem.

Just joined the forum and its good to be a part of your community here, from what I've seen you seem a great bunch. however I've not found my way round the forum yet but perhaps post pics etc soon when I've got my bearings ;).

sweetaimee
01-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm Aimee Danielle

Aimee, because it's what I would have been named if I had been born female, and Danielle because it's the female version of my male name.

I use the "Aimee" spelling because I like it better than "Amy."

wannabie
01-04-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure if I answered this question but I got my name because of an accident. I'm a big fan of Meredith Baxter the MOM of the show Family ties and I got her confused with Joanna Kerns from Growing pains.
Joanna Kinda stuck with me and I stuck with it.
considering changing though. maybe my middle name to Meredith instead of Michele.

shelbyell47
01-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Are you ready for this one. All my life I have had a dream car to own. Yes, you guessed it. Shelby Cobra, I'd prefer an 1968 GT500KR. Of course, I will never have one. Anyway, that is where I took my name.
Shelby

Darla L
01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
The very first time I was ever completely dressed up my wife did my make up. When she was done she looked at me and said, "Well, go ahead and look in the mirror, Darla." When I asked her how she came up with it she just said that it came to her when she saw me truly looking feminine. She said that it just seemed to suit me.

Edyta_C
01-05-2009, 10:19 PM
I thought I told the story of my name. First I picked a name for the Forum that was close to my male name. I picked Edyta for the dancer on Dancing with the Stars. Also because when I was very little, I was dressed as a girl by my Mom and called Edy. I chose two middle names, Marie as my mothers middle name, and Wynne as it sounded great. It also made my initals come out correctly. So I guess its Edy Marie Wynne C***. That's my story and I'm stickin to it!!

Edy

Lorileah
01-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Mine is what I would have been named if I was born genetically female so why not as a transgenderd? :daydreaming: Except the spelling would have been Lori Lee....boring so leah is much more sexy

Lainie
01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
I thought a long time about a femme name, lost the first one with an e-mail account that somehow disappeared, and finally came up with "Elaine"--a girl I had been sweet on in Junior High, but no one I knew at the time was using it. Then after a thrift-shop owner asked my name, she wondered "Do they call you Lainie?" It was a shock--so similar to the nickname my mother's family called her! I knew it was just the one for me.

annabear99
01-06-2009, 10:11 PM
When I was in 8th grade I was in a male beauty pagent at school. The girls in our class dressed us up and gave us names. Mine was Anna. For a couple days after the pagent, my dad would tease me by calling me Annabear. i.e. "Hey Annabear dinner is ready". My brother picked up on it and called me that for yrs when we were quarreling. Beat him up many times for it. lol

Stefanie_Adams
01-09-2009, 01:28 PM
I took my name from one of my favorite actresses . I just recently took Theresa as my middle name from my sister and godmother. Adams , don't no where that came from :)

Stefanie

Kelli Michelle
01-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I took my name from one of our beautiful, sexy, vibrant, fun-loving friends, who is no longer living close to us. I just thought of someone that came to mind when I considered who I would like to have been like growing up. Plus Kelli or Kelly could be used for either gender in a pinch, that was a 2nd consideration.

Stephanie81
01-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I've just always liked the name Stephanie.. it just sounds right for me, you know?

:GD:

JulieK1980
01-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I've always gone by Jody since about high school, my real name is Joe so it seemed appropriate. In recent years though, I was thinking I might change it. Not sure though.

KayAnn1618
01-10-2009, 12:01 AM
[QUOTE=Kimberly Marie;1348706]Hi.. Iknow it's probably been asked put I'm going to ask any way. How and why did you pick the female name you have.....just thought it would be fun to ask QUOTE]
KayAnn = Cayenne - my favorite pepper, yep I feel that hot.:D

kymberlyjean
01-10-2009, 01:38 AM
My parents wanted a girl and had picked out Kimberly-Jean.
Well surprise-surprise, i guess they were all out of creativity so "Kim" wound up on my birth certificate. Lucky me, i guess.

CherylMoss
01-10-2009, 05:41 AM
My best friends sister was called Cheryl - She was hot, sexy and always wore sexy clothes - I pinched one of her bra and panties sets once, so I guess I owed her something (I am sure she will be so greatful for that!!!!)

Saracder13
01-10-2009, 02:43 PM
Sara Nichole. Why? Because I always have like the name sara and nichole its just my name is girl From my 7th grade class thats i always liked.

Jo-Michelle
01-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Michelle has always been one of my favorite names. Its also my wifes middle name. Jo comes from the begining of my real name, John. Michael is also my middle name.
Jo-Michelle just seem to fit.
Did I make to much of this:straightface:

PretzelGirl
01-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I am going to get real philosophical. I needed a login. Yes, had major brain cramp and couldn't come up with something that wasn't a name, so I went with something short. :) Having a name is one of my wife's no-nos. I just might have crossed the gray area, but oh well. Couldn't post without it.

kristyk
01-11-2009, 01:45 PM
My mother would of named me Theresa if I was a girl but Kristy came from a girl in high school who new me as no one else did. She was very pretty and liked but most of all she was really understanding for her age and wise.

Rita D
01-11-2009, 04:26 PM
I took mine for 2 reasons:
First, when I was about 9 years old; my cousins (who are girls) had a cousin on their dad's side who was about 15, who was my first "older woman" crush- her name was Rita.
Secondly- I am a Beatles fan and had "Lovely Rita, Meter Maid" going through my head- the 2 ideas came together as a tribute to my 1st "love" and my favorite band!