Quote Originally Posted by Sally24 View Post
And I don't agree that you have to sustain the inevitable losses. Be prepared to lose people but I don't think it is impossible to keep all of them.
While I don't believe loss is inevitable, your follow up sentence is pure gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
...I've seen no mention here about "Metrosexuals", or "Manscaping".
I had to look back because I recently mentioned "metro" but it must have been in another thread. As for "manscaping", I avoid that term like the plague, mostly because of the root word...man.

Back to metro, it's a term that many are familiar with but it seems to have fallen out of favor in the media vernacular compared to several years ago. But the thing is, one can be coined as having metro tendencies (unsure what the "sexual" has to do with "metrosexual") and still be decidedly male in every way, shape & form (perhaps with the exception of the shape of his eyebrows). My problem (if this is really a problem) is that when I present in guy mode with my hair down, it tends to look way too feminine. The picture thread I posted yesterday shows my hair pretty much as I left the house. In guy mode, it tends to get me a lot of stink-eye from others for whom the hair just doesn't compute. So for this reason, and others as well, I think I project something deeper than mere "metro" that tends to really confuse others, including friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
I have a question.

What would happen if you told your friend and he was perfectly fine with it even to the point of not being bothered if the two of you continued to hang out while you are dressed. Anytime. And what would happen if all your other friends felt the same way and your wife had a change of heart about others not knowing, after the realization there was no unpleasant social consequences to the knowing.

Do you think you'd move towards living full time?
I think it's a chicken and the egg thing.

IF I were to ever go full time, I would hope & pray that my friends would stand by me. I don't picture it the other way around. Part of the reason is that my thoughts of disclosure are not centered around being able to present as female around those who know me only as a guy. And just as I'm not so keen to have my wife accompany me when out and about, I have an almost equally difficult time envisioning going there with any of my friends either as long as I am part-time in presentation.

It has been questioned that if one is a part-timer in presentation, why disclose anything to anyone who has no need to know? In my case, I'm not seeking out disclosure for disclosure's sake. Instead, I'm looking to be honest in the face of a direct inquiry. So far that hasn't happened but the gist of this thread is how it seems I'm dancing on that knife's edge right now.

But Reine, the premise in your question is a most interesting one with a reasonable conclusion to be had on my wife's part. The problem is that living full time would be the equivalent of transition, something my wife has made it crystal-clear that would mean the end of our marriage. Thus the middle path that I find myself on.